“Save your money and eat somewhere else.” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Sage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 125 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Gill
Transit: START Bus public transit stops 2 blocks from hotel/restaurant.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Save your money and eat somewhere else.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

To sum up, it was awful behavior for a restuarant of this class and an awful experience for my dining party. Among the key selling points of this place is its intimate dining room. However, despite making a reservation a month in advance and reconfirming the day before, when we arrived (and then were made to wait 20 minutes), they could not accommodate my party of 3 in the dining room. Instead, we were exiled to a small bar area off the hotel lobby with a stunning view of the bathrooms. And with no explanation until I complained. At that point, the server described it as their 'private dining room', which I found insulting. I suppose if I had been a first time diner here I wouldn't have known any better. Which makes the situation even worse - that they are taking advantage of unsuspecting paying guests. Shame on them. If I wanted to eat in the bar, at a bar table, then I would not have made a reservation. The bar table was not even a proper dining table and it barely accoommodated the dinner plates. Among the alternatives offered were that they could accommodate us two hours later or we could eat in the second floor lobby area off of a coffee table. Are you kidding me? I can eat off a coffee table at home. The only reason we stayed was b/c one of my guests, who regularly uses the spa at the hotel, has been dying to try the restaurant for the past several years. It was a massive disappointment. I can even stomach the prices but not when this is how they treat their guests.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I expected an amazing meal. It was good but very overpriced. The bread was delicious. The ceviche was good. The soup was good. The salad was poor, barely any dressing at all. The crab cakes were simple. I could not finish the salmon, it was so dry, the combinations boring. My husband ordered the ribs and they were wonderful. My son ordered the tenderloin and loved it. However, his broccoli had a very strange sauce on top it. My pear tart tartin arrived burnt and bitter, I sent it back. The chocolate cake cookie that was delicious. Our server was great, very professional. The hostess forgot we were there we waited for 15 minutes for what seems no reason. There are only 10 tables so I was pretty shocked by her confusion. The place is very nicely decorated, dark woods and leather, a lively open kitchen. It was small and cozy however the lighting was off, placed too high with white bulbs. The restaurant needs more candlelight, low lamps with orange or pink bulbs to maintain it's charm. I feel bad writing such a harsh review, but I want people to be warned. It's good, rather simple food at a high price.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cozumel, Mexico
“Every single dish was divine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Spectacular restaurant. We share dishes in our family and everyone's order was amazing. The only criticism was that the waitress brought the wrong order but then was very prompt in correcting it.

Vail, Colorado, United States
“Wonderful little place with great wine list!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Food was a real hit after a day on the mountain with generous portions and great taste. Make sure you put the Wild Sage on your must try list when in Jackson. Youre gonna love this place, staff is friendly and helpful with suggestions.

• Visited March 2012
new york
“Fabulous food, unbelievable setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The Wild Sage is a real dining experience. The food is exquisitely prepared , beautifully presented , and absolutely divine. Many different tastes come together to form a dining delight.
Innovative menu, perfect portions, and sublime experience. It is absolutely fairly priced and worth every morsel!
Enjoy!