“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas, United States
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My son and I spent a week at this hotel and we highly recommend it. The staff from top to bottom were friendly, always eager to help and just a great group of people. The housekeeping ladies were like elves- we'd go out for the day and come back to a spotless room, everything fresh and new again. The front desk gladly made dinner reservations for us and gave great restaurant recommendations. For those that don't want to go out for breakfast there is a very good continental breakfast setup here on the second floor. I must repeat, everyone we dealt with at the hotel was very helpful and made us feel wanted. You will love the Lexington!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
lexjhsales, Director of Sales at The Lexington at Jackson Hole Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
RustyD,
Thanks for the great review of our property. So glad to hear that you and your son had a pleasant visit to Jackson Hole. I will share with the staff your praises for their hard work - we will always work towards and hope to make the same impression on all of our guests.
Hope to see you in Jackson Hole again.
All my best,
Frank Lane
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed 1/31-2/4. Rooms were ok, nothing special and suspect these are the ones NOT yet remodelled. However, they were adjoining which was nice for our kids, and perfectly adequate. Really loud heating unit which kicked on intermittently throughout the night and woke me up repeatedly. Caitlin is adorable, lots of local information provided during our shuttle rides. Armando was also lovely and offered tips during the stay. Breakfast adequate. Location is near town plaza, also a bus stop across the street. Easy to walk nearby, but to get to restaurants on other end of town would need to take bus as I never saw taxis and renting a car would be stupid as ski shuttles are provided by hotel or city bus. City bus was fine but need to keep cash on-hand and no change available. Kind city busdriver pointed out moose on way to resort.

I will also point out a negative about the ski resort. Food choices really lacking. While skiing, I like to drop into an easy casual setting for burgers/soups/chili/sandwiches. Usually there are several choices at the base, as well as scattered on the mountain. At the base of Jackson Hole is...The Four Seasons? I felt like a second-class citizen trying to beg food scraps to eat outside, as no way was I going to enter the fancy dining room filled with non-skiing dolled-up women. Other than a taco bus, no close options to drop skis and walk in at base. Top of gondola has an adequate small casual restaurant, didn't make it to the Casper lift restaurant, which may have been what I was looking for

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
arkansastraveler74
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay in Jackson with excellent location. You are within walking distance to downtown. Rooms are nice- love the heated floors. Beds are comfortable. Microwave and refridge in the room. No problem with an outside entrance in the Winter. Heater works great. It keeps room nice and warm.

We have stayed at several places in Jackson and this is one of our favorite! Oh, the cookies at night is a great touch.

• Stayed February 2013
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Without question this has been the most amazing customer service experience I've ever had at a hotel. We had some issues with our flights and had to change up our trip and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

Thank you to Armando and the rest of the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our room had a big soft king bed with many pillows, refrigerator, heated tile floor (very nice). Clean and comfy. Breakfast was a complete meal. The location is a block from the main square where everything. The staff is friendly and helpful. Really a great deal at $100 per night. I would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room so you don't hear those heavy boots
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I were at the Lexington for the two days prior to our snowmobile trip. We were well pleased with our stay. The lady in charge of the breakfast bar was very friendly and helpful. Would have given excellent except the wifi didn't reach our room in 3107.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 3107 WiFi reach, so I couldn't use my Iphone.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Our stay at the Lexington Jackson Hole was overall okay, with one small negative exception and a couple of nitpick items. Given the 4.5 stars on Trip Advisor, my expectations were high. If it wasn't for the one negative item, I would've given it 4 stars.

The hotel provides an airport shuttle and a ski shuttle to the Jackson Hole resort, which meant we wouldn't need a rental car so that was a good feature. I called ahead and I was told to call the hotel when our plane landed and they would send the shuttle. For the ski shuttle, you had to sign up the day before, as they could only accommodate 10 people per day. That sounded like it would be hit-or-miss at best, which was indeed the case. But the local bus only charges $3 per ride to the ski area, so the alternative wasn't too bad.

As instructed, I called the front desk when we landed (around 3:30pm). I was told that the shuttle was about to leave to go do the pick up run at the ski area. We would need to wait at the airport for about an hour if we wanted to use the shuttle, or we could take a cab if we didn't want to wait. We decided that after a long trip, we didn't want to wait so we took the cab ($35 plus a $5 tip). When we called the front desk the night before our departure to reserve out shuttle ride to the airport, I was told there were shuttles (yes, plural) leaving at 10:45 and 11 am. If they had more than one shuttle available, why couldn't they send it to pick us up? So at this point, we're out $40.

On the website, they list rooms as interior or exterior entry. I chose an interior entry room, which was a suite and a bit more expensive; I didn't need the suite amenities, but I figured going to Jackson in the winter, an interior hallway was worth the extra money.

The facility consists of 5 buildings: 2 with rooms through interior entry, 2 with rooms with exterior entry, and a separate building for the pool and hot tub; one of the interior entry buildings houses the lobby, reception, and breakfast room.

When I checked in, I found out that my room was in the building that didn't have the reception and breakfast room. My guess is that 6 months out of the year that's not an issue, but in January, having to put on a jacket, winter hat, and gloves to go to breakfast I might as well have been in a room with an exterior entry and saved the money. I wish this was made clear on the website. If I had known that, and I knew I'd have to go outside to get breakfast, I would've saved the money and gotten an exterior entry room. Over our 3 night stay, that would've been about $40 less.

Breakfast was pretty good, the common
areas were well appointed and very clean. The room was spotless clean, comfortable, and for the most part, the facility seemed like it was renovated recently. The suite we had was spacious; it also had a small living room with a sofa bed and an extra TV. They nitpick about the room was that given the recent renovation, it doesn't make sense that our room would still have 2 traditional tube TVs. Anything we were watching was cut off on the edges (including scores on sporting events), since nowadays everything is obviously made assuming wide screen viewing.

The staff and service is where this place shines. Everyone was friendly and helpful. For the amenities and service, it was a good deal.

Other than the airport pickup issue, and the lack of information on the layout of the facility, this was a good stay. Granted, by my account, we spent $80 above what we should have spent, but now that I know these things, I'd probably still go back if I ever got back to Jackson. If it was in the summer, I'd just get an exterior entry room. If it was in the winter, I would check first to see if they could guarantee me a room in the lobby building; if they couldn't, I'd save the money and avoid the suites.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to The Lexington at Jackson Hole Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!