“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in Jackson
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Hotel was in great location. City bus picks up in front of hotel. Horseback riding within walking distance. Restaurant had great food.....servers were International young people and hard to understand. Front desk employees were not real friendly.

Room Tip: Would stay here again due to the great location.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
geoff_young, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I apologize that the front office staff did not appear to be friendly. I have shared your comments with them and hopefully when you return we will show you how friendly we can be!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

The property is nice. Rooms are ok, but I have stayed in nicer ones for the same price. We were here for a conference and stayed 4 nights.

Here are some observations:

There is no hotel information in the room....menus, TV channel info, map, etc. You have to go to the front desk to get these things.

Check in was disorganized. In spite of the fact that reservations were made and the card was charged months ago.....they seemed to have a problem finding us a room. I overheard other guests complaining about the same thing.

Most of the staff is summer help and many have limited English language skills. They are very young and inexperienced They don't seem to have adequate training or adult supervision.

We were charged an extra 18 dollars a day resort fee in spite of the fact that we were in meetings all day and were not able to take advantage of the resort. I think that fee should have been waived.

Our conference was good, but if held in this hotel again we will choose not to attend.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I am very sorry to hear that you would not return. I would be more than happy to discuss your stay and try to convince you otherwise. Please feel free to give me a call and allow me the opportunity to apologize.
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family and I stayed at this resort and I thought it was really nice, but for over $400 for one basic room with 2 beds and a really small bathroom, I feel that it was way overpriced and a little outdated. I've stayed at MANY resorts in my travels (I used to work for a travel wholesaler) and I understand that Jackson Hole is an extremely expensive touristy place, but it's way overrated. The surrounding area is beautiful and the pool area is legit, but I was honestly expecting more out of the room we had. 'Disappointed' is the best word I can come up with when it comes to the hotel room here. We actually stayed at an Embassy Suites in Colorado Springs (same trip) for $150/night and it was WAY nicer than this place, plus it included a fabulous breakfast each morning. I'm sorry, but I'm just being honest. The service was very good, but I was expecting a LOT more for the price.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am sorry that you felt we were overpriced. We make every effort to keep our pricing in line with our competition here in Jackson Hole. I am glad that you found the service to be very good. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss your stay in greater detail.
Laguna niguel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The property is perfect! The rooms are great, service is great and food is great. The view of the Tetons and the sunset are magnificent. Really enjoyed the hiking right from the hotel And breakfast in town. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2014
Well it sure sounds like you had a great time at the Resort! I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

What a beautiful location and resort! I'd not been to Jackson before and had not heard of this resort. It exceeded our expectations by far and was a lovely place to stay. We will be back for sure. I wish we had more time to enjoy the Alpine slide, horse back riding, and pool - but they looked nice. The breakfast we had was delicious. The menu was limited and a little pricier than necessary. The only other complaint was the lighting in the bedroom, but other than that the place was GREAT!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for such a great review. "Better than expected" is our goal and it sounds like we acheived it with you! Come see us again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed in the condos at the Snow King resort. The entire resort experience was amazing. The condos were very clean and like new. We were so comfortable there. I was especially happy with the kitchen. Often, I don't feel like all the utensils, etc. feel quite clean enough, but this was not the case at Snow King. Everything exceeded our expectations in the condos. We were really pleased with the accommodations, I thought the pictures on the website didn't do it justice - it was even better in person.

The resort itself was great. The kids (and my husband and I as well) loved the alpine slide. It was so great to have that so near to us. All of the employees were wonderful. It was great to meet people from all over the world. They were all so happy to be working there and so well trained in making our resort experience a wonderful one. The location of the resort is fantastic, it is a quick walk into the town area. We thought it was perfect!

The concierge at the hotel did such a great job getting us all set up on many wonderful adventures while we were in town. We have a great guide into yellowstone; the concierge definitely knew the best one. We did horseback riding and white water rafting and had a perfect experience with each amazing adventure. I coordinated things with the concierge weeks in advance and he was so patient and helpful and always full of great energy.

We were absolutely thrilled with our experience at Snow King! We cannot recommend it enough and we will definitely return many more times.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
It sure sounds like we will be seeing you again Stacy H! What a great and detailed review. Thank you!
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

After a LONG day of travel from Missoula, MT through Yellowstone and through Grand Tetons National Park we found ourselves in the dubious honor of starving and without a reservation.

Taking for granted the fact Wyoming is the most desolate State in America we originally planned to eat dinner in Jackson before driving to a town further away before realizing that drive may take 4 hours. In a frantic race to find a room in Jackson we quickly realized that options were very limited and rates were astronomical, but likely the Snow King had two rooms left so we quickly booked them not knowing what to expect.

Upon arrival at the Resort one room was available which I volunteered to the rest of the family and the kids. The second room had a problem as it had not been cleaned. Facing an irritating delay (and having had a similar experience once already on the same trip) I was very happy when the manager on her way out the door stopped to assist and promptly "upgraded" us to a Condominium. At this point I had no idea what this entailed, but was simply happy to have a room to go to.

Upon arriving at the condominium we received the most pleasant surprise of our trip. The condo was unbelievable! A washer and drier, a full bath with walk-in shower and a separate tub. Beautifully decorated throughout with a modern kitchen.

We slept like babies and were proud as peacocks to invite the other group over who stayed in the much more standard room to see their amazement. Upon review the cost difference would have been minimal.

Room Tip: Pay the additional for the 1 Bedroom Condo... well beyond worth it
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am glad that you were able to get our last two rooms available! It sure sounds like you and the family enjoyed your stay at the Resort. Please come see us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Elk Country Inn
Elk Country Inn
#10 of 42 in Jackson
4.5 of 5 stars 521 reviews

Been to Snow King Resort? Share your experiences!