This is my second trip to Jackson Hole so will write this with some general advice. There are 3 types of lodging options: luxury resorts at $400+, mostly + a night (mostly in the Teton Village area), downtown motels that are crowded together and frequented by groups on buses at $150-$300 and then Snow King at $200-$275 that is on the edge of town with some breathing room and nice scenery at the base of the ski resort. Before I go any further, I will also say, that you don't go to Jackson Hole to be inside a hotel-- other than sleeping, I didn't spend more than an hour in the room each day. Assuming that the rates stay about the same after the renovations are completed, I would stay in Snow King again for the location and the quality of the service.
The hotel definitely has a ski lodge feel to it and the nicely updated decor gives it a fresh feel. It is incomprehensible to me that they did a whole renovation and didn't put in more electrical outlets. A previous reviewer showed outlet extenders and indeed that what they did and there's no outlet by the desk-- odd for 2013 given the number of devices that people travel with. The bed was very comfortable, the water pressure in the showed adequate, and the Wi-Fi fine. We had trouble with our screen door onto the balcony and maintenance came and fixed it immediately and the guy was friendly.
The pool area was nice and there were other activities on the grounds including the alpine slide and rides up the mountain on the chair lift. The neighborhood is residential and quiet and there was a park down the street with activities and a restaurant on site and another an easy walk (Lift).
By my thinking, unless you want to be at Teton Village, this is the ideal lodging. It's close to the downtown (have to be a big walker or willing to drive) but also enough out of the hub bub (which there is a lot of downtown given the number of bus tours) to have a quiet peaceful trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Snow King Resort, just six blocks from the Historic Jackson Hole Town Square, is a full service property featuring on site restaurant & bar, heated pool, exercise room with sauna. The Resort offers free Airport Transfers for all guests. During the summer, the Resort features an Alpine Slide, Miniature Golf, Scenic Chairlift, Horseback Riding and access to the Greater Snow King Area network of Hiking and Mountain Biking Trails. In the winter, enjoy Slope Side Skiing and Tube Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TravelClick, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Snow King Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snow King Resort (Grand Vista Lodging) Hotel Jackson
- Snow King Hotel
- Snow King Resort Jackson Hole, WY