“Stay at Motel 6 instead - you'll be happier” 1 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   400 East Snow King Ave., Jackson, WY 83001   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #15 of 40 hotels in Jackson
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Stay at Motel 6 instead - you'll be happier”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for business during construction. Door was paper thin. I was woken up every morning at 6:20 by construction workers and ice machine. The hotel tried to make it better with a reduced rate but I wouldn't stay there when they offered a free night.

The room was nice but it ends there. I was told how much they care but they can't return my call. I wrote them and they didn't return my email. I finally complained to the BBB about the conditions and I did get one phone call. I returned the call and it's been a week and still no call back.

I gave them plenty of opportunities to save a scathing review but they did nothing to make it right.

The hotel had NO vending. The staff misinformed me that there was breakfast up the hill on their other property. Since I was up at 6:20, I decided to go up the hill - nobody was there. I ended up to going to McDonalds and found out later that there was breakfast being served.

The office manager did offer to comp me two nights but the experience was so bad, I left early to go to a place where I could get some sleep. Free was too expensive.

I booked four nights, they made me pay for two of them three months ahead of the stay. They took the other two nights a week before the stay. The hotel told me that this is typical of hotels. I travel a lot; I have NEVER had a hotel do this. Not one.

The value for the money was awful. Avoid this property at all costs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

321 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Oxford, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our family of five arrived on July 4th and were given a Condo that looked nothing like what the resort website showed. The condo was older, our view was of power lines, the carpet was literally BLACK, there was no air conditioning and no screens on the windows, so we couldn't even open a window. We called and complained, and to their credit, they gave us another condo and it was beautiful! However, when we were given the key to check out our new room, the family hadn't checked out yet. After opening the door and noticing the condo was still occupied, we explained our situation. They also had the exact same experience.
The restaurant food was good, but the service was awful.
The resort has the potential to be phenomenal with proper management.
Clarify and confirm your reservations prior to your arrival to make sure you are not given the older condos that are in disrepair. Once we moved to a new condo, we were very pleased with the quality.

Room Tip: Buyer Beware! Make sure you don't get stuck in older condos.
West Columbia, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Let me start out by saying this is a very beautiful hotel and if you are coming during the skiing season you can probably ski right in the front door. It has been renovated with new paint, carpet and fixtures. However.....our king room had several problems that should have been addressed "before" it was rented out. The bathroom door did not shut entirely, there was a metal strip on the sliding door that stuck up when you opened the door, which was a trip hazard. There was a light bulb out in the bathroom, the electrical outlets are few so the management has plug in electrical boxes that make the outlet "6" instead of 2, and on top of that there are extension cords! The room air conditioner will not run with the fan on. Although the fan says, " on, auto, off, you cannot have the white noise when you run the a/c or heat. If you run the A/C it will run for about 5 minutes then turn off. It recycles after 5 seconds seconds.

We reported these problems to the front desk and the young lady said she would send maintenance to the room. So, soon after, "Maintenance" comes and all I hear is excuses about the A/C and the door and the sliding door problem. He said he would tell the manager and see what could be done. I said yes, good idea because on Trip Advisor "Craig" said that problems should be reported to him. After all was said and done we were moved to another room next door. Although the A/C runs longer you still cannot have the fan on with the A/C. This is a Remington unit and I think it can be adjusted to work right. Needless to say, we are not resting at night and are exhausted! You can't sleep with the door open because there are mosquitos and there is no screen. I think we should have been offered some lagniappe for all this trouble. At $239.00 a night you would expect better. Please be aware that this hotel is noisy too. In the morning it sounds like a small war with all the door noise down the whole hall. You can hear the people in the next room trying to close their bathroom doors. If you have the fan off you can hear the garbage truck at 6 AM. I would recommend Olga's for a facial and massage.

Before I'm done and sorry this is so long, I would like to say, the bed was great, the room was pretty and the food is wonderful. The staff in the restaurant is on top of everything. I think these other problems should be addressed immediately because of fire hazard and comfort. I do think the hotel knows they can rent the rooms however they are and caveat emptor.
OH and bring your own coffee pot!! The room has no coffee and the coffee is served in the lobby for a very short time so you have to hurry and slam your door to get to it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pacific Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Spent 5 nights, during construction phase. The staff members, including housekeeping, front desk and restaurant were very sweet and eager to serve. The town offers various types of food and I did eat out every night... My absolute favorite meal was served at Snow King Resort, outside on the restaurant's balcony, fresh fish delicately prepared with a ragout of fresh squash and sautéed mushroom mix... Warm freshly baked bread...upscale dining at a reasonable rate, in a resort still in transformation. I would choose Snow King again! I am giving 5 points all around due to the cheerful manner all departments handled their jobs during what must have been tough circumstances while working around the construction maze.

• Stayed July 2013
Snow King Resor... M, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your TripAdvisor contribution! The team here at Snow King Hotel is always happy to hear that we surpassed our guest’s expectations. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your dinner at our new restaurant Haydens Post as well.

We look forward to serving you during your next vacation to Jackson Hole.

Craig A. Waterman
Snow King Hotel & Grandview Lodge
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel is under a remodel but they are almost done. Talk about a recycling project! Turning a structure built in 1976 into a modern resort. (Those ugly grey bricks are still there, try to ignore them.) The only things we noticed were some workers in the halls and the pool area (installing gas fire pits).
The beds are new and very comfortable. We had a room with a balcony and shut the a/c off and let the mountain air cool the room. We slept like babies! The sheets are microfiber which is nice. The room was clean. Bathroom fixtures are new (although not so sure about the tub). Overall we were very pleased especially with the discounted rate which will probably go up once construction is done. Staff is very friendly and helpful too!
There is a shuttle and the free city bus goes all the way to the mountain village so we took it to ride the tram for a day of hiking. It's also possible to walk to the downtown area in about 10 minutes and it's a nice stroll.
The pool and hot tub area have been remodeled, nice pool, although a little chilly. I assume they heat it in the winter. It gets good morning and mid day sun so it felt good at those times.
The only cons to the stay were that the rooms do not have refrigerators and there is not an ice machine on every floor. Our friends had a different room without a balcony. The window opened but had no screen, hopefully installing those is part of the remodel. The elevator is the bane of this place, so, so slow. We took the stairs most of the time and the stairwells are not pretty.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony, the north side gets sunsets and slight Teton views. Try to be on a level with t...
New Hudson, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were driving cross country and knew we would have to spend a little more in a resort area like Jackson, but was very disappointed by the room description and what we actually got. Our reservation said we would have a balcony, there were some but not in our room. We were to have a refrigerator, and there wasn't one. We were not told that the resort was going through renovations and wi-fi would be unavailable. We found this out by speaking to the men who were installing the wi-fi. This is very important information. We stayed in a lot of hotels on our trip and this not as acceptable as the Super 8!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The location of the Resort is phenomenal. it is next to the chair lift and the alpine lift. It is walking distance from the heart of Jackson which was another great asset. There is a horse back riding club next door
What really sucked about the hotel was that they never changed the soap or the shampoo for our entire stay of 4 days. They never put in replacements. They never came to clean the room till about 4:30 or 5pm which was not acceptable since the days we came in earlier we either have to step out to get room cleaned or just go with it
Breakfast was $14 or so and didnt have a whole lot of choices.

Room Tip: Stay away from the construction areas because of the loud noises
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Snow King Resort? Share your experiences!