Let me start out by saying this is a very beautiful hotel and if you are coming during the skiing season you can probably ski right in the front door. It has been renovated with new paint, carpet and fixtures. However.....our king room had several problems that should have been addressed "before" it was rented out. The bathroom door did not shut entirely, there was a metal strip on the sliding door that stuck up when you opened the door, which was a trip hazard. There was a light bulb out in the bathroom, the electrical outlets are few so the management has plug in electrical boxes that make the outlet "6" instead of 2, and on top of that there are extension cords! The room air conditioner will not run with the fan on. Although the fan says, " on, auto, off, you cannot have the white noise when you run the a/c or heat. If you run the A/C it will run for about 5 minutes then turn off. It recycles after 5 seconds seconds.
We reported these problems to the front desk and the young lady said she would send maintenance to the room. So, soon after, "Maintenance" comes and all I hear is excuses about the A/C and the door and the sliding door problem. He said he would tell the manager and see what could be done. I said yes, good idea because on Trip Advisor "Craig" said that problems should be reported to him. After all was said and done we were moved to another room next door. Although the A/C runs longer you still cannot have the fan on with the A/C. This is a Remington unit and I think it can be adjusted to work right. Needless to say, we are not resting at night and are exhausted! You can't sleep with the door open because there are mosquitos and there is no screen. I think we should have been offered some lagniappe for all this trouble. At $239.00 a night you would expect better. Please be aware that this hotel is noisy too. In the morning it sounds like a small war with all the door noise down the whole hall. You can hear the people in the next room trying to close their bathroom doors. If you have the fan off you can hear the garbage truck at 6 AM. I would recommend Olga's for a facial and massage.
Before I'm done and sorry this is so long, I would like to say, the bed was great, the room was pretty and the food is wonderful. The staff in the restaurant is on top of everything. I think these other problems should be addressed immediately because of fire hazard and comfort. I do think the hotel knows they can rent the rooms however they are and caveat emptor.
OH and bring your own coffee pot!! The room has no coffee and the coffee is served in the lobby for a very short time so you have to hurry and slam your door to get to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Snow King Resort, just six blocks from the Historic Jackson Hole Town Square, is a full service property featuring on site restaurant & bar, heated pool, exercise room with sauna. The Resort offers free Airport Transfers for all guests. During the summer, the Resort features an Alpine Slide, Miniature Golf, Scenic Chairlift, Horseback Riding and access to the Greater Snow King Area network of Hiking and Mountain Biking Trails. In the winter, enjoy Slope Side Skiing and Tube Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelClick, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Snow King Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snow King Resort (Grand Vista Lodging) Hotel Jackson
- Snow King Hotel
- Snow King Resort Jackson Hole, WY