“Snow King Resort - nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Best Value In Jackson!
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
“Snow King Resort - nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed at Snow King Resort for 5 nights - on a business trip - June 23 - 27, 2013. The rooms were just renovated! In fact, they were still renovating some of them while I was there. The bar and restaraunt were not back and running yet, but they promised they would be by the end of the week (after I left). I had a room with a King Size bed - the room was nice - desk/chair, two addtional chairs and a bureau. Getting to downtown Jackson Hole was either by the free town shuttle (which ran on about a 20 minute basis) or when I had a large group with me, we asked for the hotel shuttle to take us - no problem (then even picked us up). The staff was very helpful and polite. The gym consisted of two treadmills, about three elipticals, a universal, benches and dumbells - looks out over the pool, which had just been renovated!! (nice sitting areas around the pool - new furniture). The fact that they hotel is right at the base of Snow King Mountain provided an Alpine Slide ($15) and a chair lift to get you to the top of the Alpine Slide - there is another chair lift about a block away which you can take to the top of Snow King Mountain. All in all, the hotel was freshly renovated and looked nice. (last time I was there was in 1994 - it needed an update then!!).

Room Tip: Suggest asking for a room to the left of the front desk - they are closer to the entrance.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Snow King Resor... M, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated Snow King Hotel. At Snow King Hotel & Grandview Lodge, we do strive to exceed each guest’s individual expectations. I am so glad to hear that we were able to do so for your recent stay.

Snow King Hotel & Grandview Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Lebanon, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I purchased this room thru Travelocity's secret hotel's, and was happy to see what hotel it was. I was a little concerned by the other reviews, however. When we arrived, I was quickly checked in...the lady at the front desk could have been a little friendlier. When we got to our room, it was gorgeous! Fully refurnished/refurbished. Beautiful furnishings, and a gorgeous view of the mountain! We could see the pool directly below our room, and the lifts and alpine slides. Kids enjoyed it! Our beds were very comfy, and the room was spotless! Our only complaints were that the door to the bathroom would not stay shut (we fixed it by putting a magazine under it). Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Snow King Resor... M, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated Snow King Hotel. We will certainly correct the items that you mentioned and thank you for informing us so that we are able to correct them. At Snow King Hotel & Grandview Lodge, we do strive to exceed each guest’s individual expectations. I am so glad to hear that we were able to do so for your recent stay.

South Jordan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here because of price and location to Jackson Town Square. The hotel has gone under renovations. Our room was very nice, clean, bed was comfortable. Bathroom very nice.
Only problem was Air Conditioning is a window unit and was constantly coming on & noisy as all get out. Did not cool the room very well. I had to get ear plugs for the 2nd night.
Bathroom door would not shut correctly- had to slam it. And Room door also. Just minor fixes - that a construction crew need to fix from renovations. No coffee makers in room so that bummed out my husband.
We enjoyed the pool after a long motorcycle ride. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet & nice mtn air.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated Snow King Hotel. At Snow King Hotel & Grandview Lodge, we do strive to exceed each guest’s individual expectations. Thank you for the informing us of the maintenance items, we will make the appropriate corrections immediately.

Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 night July 2, 3, 4. Although the hotel claims newly refurbished rooms, not all are that way. In room amenities do not include coffee maker, fridge or microwave. Coffee service is in the lobby, but only for a limited time in the morning. Ice is not available on every floor; and some were broken. Half the rooms face the ski slopes :-). The other half, not so much a view. The hotel claims a 5 block walk to Jackson town square; but it is a very looooong five blocks. On the plus side, pets are welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for a ski slope view away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review! We will be adding refrigerators to our guestrooms in the near future. All of our guestrooms in the hotel have been renovated so I am uncertain as to your mention otherwise. If you would like to provide some additional detail, please contact me at craig.waterman@snowking.com . As you noted we are pet friendly and are in a great location for this feature as there are plenty of places for our guest pets to enjoy here at the mountain.

schoonmeister
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Overall the room and location was fine. They are in the middle of remodeling right now and the place looks unfinished in the common areas. But once the work is done it should be nice. The rooms was OK--a little small. I noticed that there were other rooms of the same room type that appeared larger that the one we had. So it may be worthwhile asking about that when checking in. Front desk staff was nice. I give 4 stars because for what we paid, it should have been a little nicer. But it was fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Snow King Resor... M, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Many thanks for your evaluation of Snow King Resort! We are pleased to learn that our team at the front desk was able to meet each request and exceed your expectations. We are now complete with the renovation process other then a few little items to button up and the arival of some additional furntiure pieces for our public areas. We will be eagerly anticipating your next visit to Jackson Hole.

Warm Regards,

Snow King Hotel & Grandview lodge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Snow King and was beyond disappointed. We reserved a 2 bedroom condo. When arriving a the condo I was horrified at the condition. The carpet in the entryway was almost black from mildew. The furniture was completely dated and the linens were gross. There was even hair left in the bath tub. I tried to get moved to either another condo or a hotel room, but was told the were fully booked. At night I slept on the bed without using the blankets because they were that gross.
I also found that the front desk staff was rude and not helpful. When calling for a shuttle to town I was told they were busy. I let her know that I was 7months pregnant and needed to be in town for a rehearsal dinner. She then suggested I walk!!
The experience at the Snow King completely ruined my whole time in Jackson.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the review on your recent stay. I must say what you have described is very disappointing. This is not in any way what we expect from our property. I would have liked the opportunity to speak with you during your stay to make every effort possible to change your current feelings about Snow King Condos. We take all guest comments with the utmost concern and will always make every attempt to improve our property and level of service. If given the opportunity I would like to discuss the experience further. You may reach me directly at craig.waterman@snowking.com

Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked a room at Snow King since it accepted pets and the reservation desk matched an online price. The young man at the service desk greeted me and my pet, Jacques, by name which made a good first impression with me. I have stayed at the Snow King a few times over the last 15 years and she was showing her age. However, this grand lady has had a make over. We were on the ground floor convenient to the west entrance for us with Jacques in tow and very quiet. I turned off the air conditioner during the night to have less motor sound, it was cool enough that we didn't miss having it on. New carpets, doors, bathroom, decor it all looked very good indeed

Room Tip: They welcome pets.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We love pets too, thank you for sharing Jacques with our team here!

Snow King Hotel & Grandview Lodge

Been to Snow King Resort? Share your experiences!