“Jackson's Hole” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
A TripAdvisor Member
“Jackson's Hole”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

My husband and I couldn't believe this awful hotel was part of the excellent travelodge family.

GOOD: Nice cleaning crew and groundskeeper...

BAD: The reservations clerks couldn't find my Expedia reservation, then attempted to doublecharge me for the room already paid for. The non-smoking room had been smoked in and had a sign that read "Thank you for not smoking." To fix this I was handed a squirt bottle of Fabreeze and told they couldn't use the ionizer because "it would suck out all the oxygen in the room." Hello!

UGLY: The 'heated' swimming pool was cold and had dead insects in it. The one working whirl pool was warm, but smelled of urine. The room's TV remote was held together with sticky black eletrical tape. We always encountered confused and rude front desk staff.

Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2005

We booked online and when we pulled up outside, I was a little concerned. I think the grey color of the outside buildings is highly deceiving. When we walked into our one bedroom suite, it was amazing! The two bathrooms were spacious and luxurious. There was even a washer and dryer that was free to use ( just bring your own detergent). My son loved going to the lobby and picking out a free movie rental each night. The kitchen had plenty of room for cooking, although the nearby restaurants were more our speed. We will definitely go back!!

Stayed May 2004
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2005

I did a little research prior to arrival due to the ratings that is all over the place. I think that most of the reviews both good and bad are somewhat valid.
I cannot speak for the one about cancellation policy since I did not have to go through that sort of thing. I did not encounter slow service either, but your mileage may vary.
The older units, I was told are indeed old >> built in 1941, and was told that they would look and feel old. (I have not seen the older units)
The newer units I was told were remodelled recently (the suites) and are very nice.
We stayed at one of their two bedroom units. The living/kitchen is in the entry level with and 1/2 bath. The two bedrooms with 2 full baths, one with a washer/dryer is in the upper level. The rooms were clean and tidy and the bed very comfortable. The furniture in the living room were comfortable, clean and tidy.
We did not stay in the older section of the lodge, so this review is probably valid for the suite section.
The desk crew was efficient, and polite.
The outward look of the place is not all that impressive, but the checkin area inside is nicely rennovated and have the "Jackson Hole" look.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Jackson Hole Lodge? Share your experiences!