“Awesome Place, Awesome Owner” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Hulett
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Awesome Place, Awesome Owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My boyfriend, his friend and I were riding from Devil's Tower and decided to make a stop at Ponderosa Cafe and Bar. We were very glad we did. The bartender was extremely nice and then we got to meet "the crabby chef" Mr. Dean himself. Very cool dude. Will have to say he has the BEST steak tips around (don't be fooled by the claims in Sturgis), cold beer and lots of laughs. Even shared an espresso with a splash of Sambuca with Dean.

Will have to say thank you for the stickers....my fave has the be about the hot dogs :)!! If you are passing through Hulett, please make this the place to stop to have a beer or grab a bite to eat. Fun place, great atmosphere and awesome steak tips.....best ever Dean!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kadoka, South Dakota, United States
“Surprise...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Best surprise I've had in such a small friendly town. The food was amazing and fresh... no fried food ...professional courteous people..Great bar tenders.. I will be going back again and again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
rhinelander wi
“great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

5 friends and myself were on a motorcycle trip to the Black Hills area and stopped in Hulett on the way from Devils Tower. We stopped at the Ponderosa Cafe for lunch. It was the first day they started serving their mexican menu. The food was very good, I had enchiladas and tried one of the other guys quisadillas. The waitress (sorry I didn't get her name) was very nice and gave us some good advice on roads to ride in the area. Definitely will stop in again when I get back to the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Everyone needs to meet the Crabby Chef!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I suggest that you try any of the specials, but if you don't see something that you want JUST ASK. The Crabby Chef will make it for you. This was a great place and look forward to going back again.

Visited August 2013
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Mexican Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were rather surprised to find Mexican Night at a South Dakota cafe but decided to try it. It was best Mexican food I have ever had. We definately recommend this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere