“Clean and affordable highway stop” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Green River
Austin, Texas
“Clean and affordable highway stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped by at this hotel while on a long road trip from Nebraska to California. This Hampton in was $30 cheaper than the Hampton Inn at Rock Springs, and just 10 miles away. While there were a few minor issues with the room - coffee machine was broken, light switch plate was damaged, we had a good rest. Hotel is located in a scenic spot, very close to I-80. Good warm, hearty breakfast!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GRHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Green River, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. I apologize about the coffee maker and light switch problems in room room. I am happy that you slept well and had a great breakfast and start to your trip. Please come stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We added this hotel to our vacation plans based on the reviews on this site. It was well worth it. This was the least expensive of our trip, but had the best view. The rate was only $84 per night. We stayed on Friday and Saturday nights, so we missed the free dinner they sreve from Mon-Thu. We also arrived too late for the bar on Friday. As we prepaid, checkin was a breeze. Somehow we had been placed in a smoking room, but I received a call from the hotel early Friday morning to confirm that we really wanted a smoking room. None of us smoke, so I was greatful for the call. Our room was switched to non-smoking. The room was clean and was the typical Hampton room. The breakfast was the usual Hampton breakfast, and there was plenty of seating. The real reason to stay here is the view. The rock formations behind the hotel are stunning, and you can see wild horses on the street in front of the hotel on many mornings. Saturday evening, I tried to pre-checkin for our flight, but the business center printer was out of ink. The desk help let me use their computer to print our boarding passes. As everyone at this hotel was so helpful, and the view is stunning, we would definitely stay here again if we are in the area. This was the best deal of our trip.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the rock formations.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GRHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Green River, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We appreciate you sharing your stay experience with us. I too, love the beautiful rock formations that surround our hotel. It is always exciting to see the wild horses 'hanging' around outside the hotel. I am gald that the few glitches with your reservation and stay were quickly fixed. Please come back and stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Original reservation was made at sister hotel in Rock Springs, but due to room issues they moved us here (after asking if ok, which I appreciated!) Hotel staff was friendly and helpful - quick to respond when I made a late night request after checking in. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was well stocked, in my opinion, for a continental breakfast. They had the best biscuits and gravy I have EVER tasted anywhere outside of my grandmothers cooking (and that says a lot, believe me!) - except maybe a little less salt? So glad we ended up here unexpectedly and thoroughly enjoyed our stay even though it was only one night!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GRHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Green River, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry the Rock Springs hotel had a problem with your room, but I am more glad you gave us a try. I too, am a Biscuits and Gravy kind of person and I thinks ours is wonderful. If your grandmother would like to come work with our team, I'll create a spot for her. We'd love to try her buscuits and Gravy. Keeping the breakfast area well stocked is key to happy guests during our busy season. I am glad you noticed.
Marysville, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed there for 2 days due to a wedding. Overall a very nice stay but not without come quirks.
My room had not been vacuumed properly (fruit loops, loose change, and hair pins were present)
The hot tub was out of order (for a week?) and the breakfasts were not very tasty.
That being said, the staff was wonderful, pleasant and outgoing, extremely helpful.
The rooms were amply sized. Overall it was a very nice experience and if I travel that way again I would stay there without hesitation.
There was a little confusion when I booked my rooms. I called the hotel and requested 2 rooms, they told me they were sold out (the wedding party had a block of rooms reserved for this at a special price) but when I reserved a room on line after talking to the hotel on the phone I was able to get my rooms immediately (but not at the group rate) Not sure why their computer said sold out but the on-line system would allow me to do it.

Room Tip: Avoid the southeast side if you want to sleep in, the curtains are thin and the sun is intense when...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GRHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Green River, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to sharing you stay experience with us. I apologize for the items that were an inconvience to you. Our hot tub water pump was leaking (4 years old) and we have now replaced it. I have spoke to our Executive Housekeeper about proper vacuuming the rooms. Our team works hard to deliver an outstanding experience for guests and responses like yours are extremely helpful in making the guest experience as good as it can be.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed here for a one night stopover before heading north towards Jackson Hole. It is about 4 hours south of Jackson but a true bargin compared to what you will be paying once in Jackson.

The hotel is brand new, very clean, modern brushed chrome fixtures and plenty of work space.
The lighting was great and beds comfortable.

I arrived too late for the free dinner but enjoyed the breakfast the next morning. They had real cooked oatmeal not that sugar loaded instant stuff. Bold coffee along with the normal mild stuff was a nice treat. The breakfast bar was above average for those types of buffets.

The bill when I checked out was also a nice surprise. I only paid normal state and local taxes. I did not have fees to recover the cost of a new football statium or other typical tourist taxes.

The location is unique. It sits down in the rocks. It looks cool but causes the road noise to echo a little so bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper like me.

The only difficulty I had was getting food. The town is small and there are not many places to eat. I tried to get something delivered with no luck because I didn't have the energey to get back in the car for more driving - It would be nice if the hotel could work out a deal with local restaurants to deliver to the hotel.

If you are driving through Wyoming n I-80, Stay here!

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Waterford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Staff was friendly, rooms were clean and comfortable. Food servers were very friendly, kind and kept up with refilling food and I noticed they were very attentive to other patrons requests. I booked the room through a site and was pleasantly surprised with the suite.

Room Tip: We loved the suite so we could use the refrigerator and microwave. We could have friends over to vi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GRHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Green River, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. Our breakfast is tasty and we are glad you noticed. We are consistantly busy and it can be a challenge to keep up with all the needs in the breakfast area. Our Breakfast Attendents are happy with your positive feedback. Have a great summer.
Toccoa, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

After an eventful couple of months, we were looking for a nice, comfortable, clean place to spend the night. This one hit the spot! Rooms were nice decorated, large, clean, comfortable. Pool and hot tub were clean, very enjoyable! The location is gorgeous! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad you were comfortable and that you liked our rooms, swimming facility and our location. It really is a unique Hampton Inn and Suites. Please feel free to stop by the next time you come through. Have a great summer.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Green River? Share your experiences!