“Needs a facelift” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Gillette
Colorado
“Needs a facelift”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've stayed here about once a year for the past decade on business. This year I really noticed how run down it is getting. The carpet was being shampooed while I was there, but really, it just needs to be replaced. The rooms are a bit 'dingier,' and overall, the place just needs a facelift! Don't understand why they can't get with 'the times' like so many other hotels and offer a complimentary breakfast. PRobably will pick another hotel next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at the Best Western on our way to Illinois from Montana. We stayed here because it was conveniently right off the interstate and we just needed a place to rest after driving our U-haul all day. In order to get to our non smoking rooms, we have to parade through the never ending hallway of smoking rooms! Beds were no where near soft and no continental breakfast? Let's rate this "only in desperation"

• Stayed May 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Enjoyed my night here with our tour group. The hotel was clean, easy and nice. I would definitely stay again, if I was in the area again. Just what we needed after a long day of driving. Fridge in room was very helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Peoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The room was clean and the staff was very nice. The best smoked salmon I've had in years served to me at the lounge. The over-medium eggs were more like well done and I've had far better hash browns . The coffee in the room was awful, so you might want to avoid it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My room had visible stains on the carpet, a poor patch job, disheveled and tired looking bed lines, drapes, towels, and furniture. The bathroom had stray hairs on the floor. The carpet had not been vacuumed. The stairwell smelled of old urine and vomit. The morning after my stay, I had to wait in the lobby for several hours due to a snowstorm during which time I heard the manager talking down to employees; said employees complaining about the manager later after he left. When the manager came back later, he was allowing employees to have a meeting about cleaning and operational procedures. The manager was also conducting hotel business from behind the front desk. Overall, there was a major lack of professionalism. Generally, this hotel is poorly run and there is no pride in ownership. Then again, it was only $47/night. I guess it's true: you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have family in town and stay here at least twice a year. I'm surprised by the amount of poor reviews because we love it here. Our rooms are always very clean and nice. The front office staff is always super friendly and check in is seamless. Parking is sufficient and we always get a free drink ticket for the bar which is also nice. The bed was so comfortable that we checked to see what brand it was. If I could have gotten it in my car we would have taken it home! The location is great because it's right off the interstate making it super easy to find and to leave from going home. Also, there are several gas stations in close proximity which is very convenient. We always take my nephew to the pool when we stay and he loves it. My only complaint would be that the restaurant was a little pricey for a buffet we had once (it was seafood so I guess that's to be expected) and the chlorine from the pool was so strong one time that I had to stand outside because it made my eyes hurt and I wasn't even in the pool. Regardless, I give this place 5 stars and highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Pierre, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here during a conference. It was OK at best. Had to get new keys 3 times as they just wouldn't work. The room never felt clean. I swear one night about 3 a.m. it sounded like one of my neighbors was playing darts on our adjoining wall. Heater was noisy also. Staff was good, but overwhelmed trying to satisfy all the requests from complaints from guests. If you have a choice, go elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Tower West Lodge? Share your experiences!