“Friendly fine dining” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 81 Restaurants in Gillette
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Friendly fine dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I really liked the decor at the Chop House, felt like an old west hotel dining room. I had wonderful fresh Copper River salmon and a salad with their delicious house made blue cheese dressing. My husband had a huge portion of prime rib cooked perfectly rare. We left happy and wondering why there were so few people there on a Friday night. Service was very friendly, our water glasses were never low, no long waits for anything.

Visited June 2013

Muncie, Indiana
“Great service/Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Comfortable chairs, friendly staff, awesome waitress. I had the steak tips diane and my husband ate crusted walleye. Generous servings. I had plenty of left overs. The hostess was very friendly and had similar music taste to ours. The place was nicely decorated but the reason to go there is the delicious food cooked to perfection.

Visited June 2013
Beldenville
“Management leaves something to be desired.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I wish I had a better review. First, we made a reservation and when we arrived we stood at the entrance for at least 5 minutes before the host showed up and told us there would be a small wait (which was only about 10 minutes). We got seated and the dining room was LOUD! We had to lean over to talk to one another. There was 3 waitresses running around like mad. We got our drinks and ordered but still hadn't seen salads 15 minutes later. When we finally asked the waitress was clearly flustered. We got the salads and the meal came 3 minutes later; clearly no internal communication. My husband had prime rib and loved it but I had the lobster stuffed tilapia which was very fishy tasting. When we were finished eating it took another 15 minutes for the plates to be cleared and for us to get the bill. Our waitress was very sweet and kept apologizing so was doing the best she could for the situation she was in. The slap in the face was the host (and possible owner) walking around to check on and assist tables but there appeared to be favoritism b/c we got completely ignored. I actually looked the gentleman in the eye on the way out and didn't get so much as a thank you. We completely blame poor management on our less than satisfying experience. We won't be returning and it's a shame.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Derbyshire, England
“Good Restaurant in Gillette”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a good restaurant,of which there are few, in Gillette. We were in a large group and service was good. Food was good too. I had walleye and I enjoyed it. There was only a token gesture of vegetables on the plate and they were very overcooked and had gone cold. But, I didn't see that as much of a problem as I didn't expect any vegetables anyway. I would recommend this restaurant, and I will come back when I'm next in Gillette

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reuver, The Netherlands
“Nicest meal in Gillette so far!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

this restaurant is definitely a bit more upscale then most in Gillette. Atmosphere was very nice, service was friendly and the meal was very tasty. Would definitely come back ro recommend it.

Visited April 2013