“Best empanadas this side of Havana” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 79 Restaurants in Gillette
Cuisines: American, Latin
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best empanadas this side of Havana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The place is cozy - not cramped, cozy. It's so small that we drove past, thinking this couldn't possibly be it. Although it's a sit-down restaurant, it looks like the building might be a converted drive-in. Inside is decorated with cool understated accents.

Enough about the decor. The food is amazing. Empanadas were made from scratch (the restaurant is small enough that you can practically see the chef at work) with a delectable red sauce and rice and beans. My dining partner had the wings - simple but tasty and not greasy at all. Service was friendly and efficient.

Visited July 2013

“What a great discovery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stopped in today to try out this "clucky" eatery. We started out w/ the taquitos which came w/ guac, salsa, & their special slaw. They were great! Hubby had 1/2 chicken w/ 2 sides, I had the chicken pot pie. Everything was delicious & fresh. The portions were generous.

We made a note to stop in again the next time we are drIve through Gillette! Charming atmosphere, good wines, friendly staff. I highly recommend this place!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Maine
“Simple concept, amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Foodie here from Portland Maine. I was traveling thru and usually I surf for intersting places to eat but happy to just drive by and saw this one. Turned around and went in for lunch with my dad. The staff is great, friendly, polite and just perfectly attentive. I ordered a 1/2 chicken with sides, my dad a pickier eater just order chicken with 1 side. The chicken was perfectly seasoned, perfectly cook, and moist. My sides, corn muffins (6 small crispy but moist on the inside), guacamole (fresh tasting, nicely seasoned and salted) turned a rotisary chicken into a fun meal. i would go again and again if the drive was shorter. WORTH THE STOP! Thank You!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gillette, Wyoming
“Finger Lickin CHICKEN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

1st timer, out-of-towner. Call in an extensive to-go order 15 minutes before Game 7 of NBA finals. Arrived on time to find them packing the order. Was greeted by a VERY friendly hostess, offered a glass of water while I waited. Took only a minute tone packed and gone. Small seating area inside,minutes looked comfortable and well decorated. Few and far between this far west. Everybody L.O.V.E.D. their food. Chicken tacos, chicken lettuce wraps, empanadas, chicken pot pies, Mac-n-cheese, corn bread, salsa. All MUCH better than I ever expected for this little joint in an out of the way place like Gillette.

Visited June 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best chicken we've eaten in the US so far”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

On vacation from UK, travelling from South Dakota toYellowstone, stopped overnight in Gillette, used trip advisor to find somewhere good for an evening meal that wasn't beef or pork! This was a good choice. Simple, efficient and good value. The chicken was very moist and tender, best we've eaten in US or UK. Service was good, no frills and small, but well worth travelling from our hotel for.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere