“Enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 21 hotels in Gillette
Oregon
“Enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Very clean, well-kept facility. Rooms kept well, comfortable. Very friendly staff, and efficient checkin. Free Breakfast includes eggs, sausage/bacon, other usuals, in a cheerful breakfast room. Supermarket, restaurants within short walk. Lots of road construction on 2nd street, but didn't hear any of it from the motel (set back from the road).

My only complaint is a common one, my personal motel pet peeve: My room had ubiquitous a/c unit under the window, such that when on, the air would billow up under the curtains. So, had to use phone books to prop the curtains out of the blowing air...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
St. Albert, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

The Comfort Inn website specifically states under its services that the location in Gillette has a "No pets allowed" policy. As an allergy sufferer, this is why we chose that location. We brought our luggage to our room and sure enough, on our way out the elevator doors there were two pugs and their owner waiting to get in. This hotel has 6 rooms on the 3rd floor designated to pets and their owners. This is a potentially dangerous situation for those with pet allergies as the elevators are contaminated with pet dander. The suites themselves were more than sufficient but we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

Checked in, went to dinner nearby, came back, and then the trouble started.

The hotel is a nicer Comfort Inn. We were given a (2) queen bed room on the 2nd Floor overlooking the roof of the pool and entrance. The view of air conditioning units and vent stacks was only slightly worse than any other view in Gillette (sorry), so we didn't care. However, then a howling noise started up coming from one of the exhaust vents. It rattled the windows, so we complained.

"We're full up, I'll see what I can do, never had this happened before"... blah blah. You know the drill.

After persisting, suddenly options in the "full" hotel opened up. First I was offered a smoky handicapped room in this 100% non-smoking hotel, then I was shown a 3rd floor King room that we took. It required my 13 year old to sleep on the pull out couch, but that was okay. The room was fine except for the remaining cologne smell from the previous guest, The hotel seems to fill up with contract workers from the surrounding area.

The hotel discounted our room by 10% for our trouble which I appreciated. The front desk clerk confided that she didn't like customer service and only wanted to work there long enough to finish her degree. Nice.

Breakfast was good enough, and the pool was also okay.

All in all, if you're travelling on I-90 and need a spot to rest your head, this is a decent choice, just avoid the 2nd floor overlooking the roof.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Montreal, QC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

This hotel was super, the place looked new and was spotless. The room was clean and big. The bed was comfortable, the lady at the front desk was helpful and the breakfast although little was acceptable (bagels, muffins, eggs, waffles). The only negative I have with this hotel was the poor condition of the guest computer, it took me about 45minutes to get a mapquest map up and printing. I had to feed each page manually into the printer and reboot the computer and printer, it was very frustrating. The pool and spa looked super, there is plenty of parking. We were just driving thru on our way back home and found this hotel on the side of the highway. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to sleep. Price was reasonable at $90 for a king bed.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Longmont, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

I last stayed here in mid 2008, but I have stayed here about 3 times and have never had any complaints. I always looked for rooms here first when staying in Gillette. Of course, sometimes it's full before I can so I then look to the clarion. Both are good, but the comfort inn is the better one.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

I carry several hotel cards as I travel and try to find the best deals. We visited Yellowstone and were headed home to Minnesota. I found a Comfort Inn in the city of Gillette, Wy. Thinking it would be okay we pulled in and it looked alright. We booked a room and found a wonderful place. Spotlessly clean, wonderful pool area, large room with comfy beds, and a clerk who actually knew something. She directed us to an appropriate restaurant as we were traveling with two teenagers. If all Comfort Inns were this good I would get rid of all my hotel cards and just stick with them.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

We arrived at the Comfort Inn in Gillette after a long day's drive from the Badlands and Mount Rushmore. The staff was friendly upon arrival. Our room was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was decent. My one complaint is that our toilet would hardly flush the entire time and the staff did not seem concerned. This Comfort Inn is next to the interstate and there are several gas stations and a Pizza Hut located next to the property.

• Liked — Clean rooms.
  • Disliked — Faulty toilets.
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!