“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Watrous, Canada
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is another fine Hampton, quiet, comfortable, good breakfast. Pleasant staff, we stayed on the 13th of July (friday) and I had sent my kids out to get something from the SUV and about 2 hours later we were in the pool. The manager came in and asked if we had a black SUV in the back parking lot, the back gate was open. I went out and yes it was, the kids had left it unlocked, and open with all our stuff in the SUV including my wallet and a spare set of keys. Who said that Friday the 13th was unlucky.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stopover stay in July 2012. After 8 hours in the car with 2 kids the pool was really refreshing. Very friendly and responsive staff. We called the day before to ask about refrigerator in our room and Angela said there wasn't but that she'd move one into our room. We also asked about a low noise room (after reading reviews about the road noise) and She moved us to a nice and quiet room. All this done over the phone, which I appreciated.

The room was large and clean. Smallish bathroom. The carpet was clean and stain free except for an iron incident that left an impression on the rug - no big deal. The wifi was pretty slow and I resorted to using 3G.

Decent breakfast buffet and good coffee.

Room Tip: Room on the front side of the hotel, directly above the registration area, were quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Eden Prairie, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Clean, quiet, good continental breakfast, easy access to the freeway en route to Yellowstone. We would definitely stay here again. The pool area was clean and pleasant. It was a nice bonus to have swimming noodles available for use. This suite was nice a spacious.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
TEXAS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

A very good Hampton Inn, very clean. The only down side was that it appears the room we were in needed a new mattress. The woman who checked us in upon arrival was great. The man who worked nights was especially helpful also. It is the people who work at this Hampton Inn that make it a place that I would want to stay at again. I think it is being renovated soon, and hopefully the room will have refrigerators.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Spring, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

A good Hampton Inn; free breakfast, free wireless, a good bed. Mixed reviews on the service. The girl who checked me in on the afternoon of my arrival was great. The next morning, a different girl at the desk seemed a little grumpy and seemed reluctant to help me when the printer in the business center was not working. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Debra C, Manager at Hampton Inn Gillette, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at Hampton Inn Gillette. I apologize you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your input on the areas where we fell short in our quest for outstanding service, as it gives us the information we need to try to fix the problem areas. I have addressed these issues with our front desk staff to ensure Hamptonality is always expressed at our hotel. The next time you are in the area, we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I usually find Hampton Inns to be a clean, comfortable stay with good service and effective management. Sadly, this is NOT the case here. They first gave me a first floor room facing the parking lot. I asked to be moved, and they did, but the room they gave me was less than clean. The stains on the carpet were off putting, but the armchair in the sitting area was disgusting. It was black with stains and dirt, and covered with food crumbs. The tiles in the bathroom were spotted and counter top was streaked with something. Breakfast was standard Hampton fare. Would I stay here again? Probably not. I tried to let the management know, but no one was ever at the front desk. Sorry, Gillette Hampton Inn.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at Hampton Inn Gillette. I apologize you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your input on the areas where we fell short in our quest for outstanding service and accommodations, as it gives us the information we need to try to fix the problem areas. Our property is nearly 11 years old, and we have just done a public area remodel. We hope these areas more than exceeded your expectations. Our guest rooms are slated to be remodeled and refreshed in the near future. The next time you are in the area, we would love to have you come back and experience our refreshed property. Thank you once again for your comments.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Stayed here for a night while on business. Fast free internet, free breakfast, free parking, and nice rooms. I'd stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Gillette? Share your experiences!