“Extremely nice staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Gillette

You added Super 8 Gillette to your Saves list
Super 8 Gillette
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   208 South Decker Court, I-90 exit 124 (Hwy 14/16), Gillette, WY 82716-3320   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Gillette
“Extremely nice staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at several hotels, and was treated like nothing more then a purse! But the front desk here actually talked to me, gave me tips on we're to eat. The housekeepers where nice and brought me new towels when I needed them! LOVE THIS PLACE

• Stayed June 2013
Amanda B, General Manager at Super 8 Gillette, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Terrible management. Disgusting rooms. Disappointing experience that I would think would be a concern to the Super 8 company but doesn't seem to be ...

We left the hotel after paying and being in our room just long enough to see the disgusting state it was in, and use the toilet once. Went a few meters down the road, paid less and slept wonderfully, feeling safe and clean.

The manager refused to offer a discount and refused to reply to future correspondence. So, we ended up paying for two hotel rooms on the same night. Best and worst $150 lesson to never, ever stay at a Super 8 again.

Please reconsider if you think about staying here.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, check the room before committing and paying ... Avoid our mistake. Best West...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Amanda B, General Manager at Super 8 Gillette, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I did notice that your stay dated back about a year prior to now so I would like to let you know that all of the issues you encountered have been taken care of and as the new gm of the super 8 I would also like to invite you back so that I can show you that we take our customer experiences very serious and that we can exceed your expectations.
Sioux Falls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The customer service from all employees including management was terrible. We arrived at 2 am and it took the desk clerk forever to check us in. It turns out he ran our debit card 4 times for different amounts. This tied up our available funds several days. They ran our card again after we left the hotel because somehow it still showed we owed a balance. After several calls to the hotel we finally were able to speak to a manager who basically just stood behind her employees. I would not trust this place withmy personal information ever again. The continental breakfast is also a joke and rooms really over priced. Not only will I never stay at this hotel again but will not ever stay at a super 8.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Gillette, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

70's-ish built hotel (guessing) and little up-keep has been done over the years. You can plainly see the patches over the patches around the shower and some of the walls. They over booked our room and tried to put us in a smoking room originally until I pushed back and showed them our reservation. "Oh, did you book online?" Apparently that's a problem for them. In the room, a bathroom light was burned out (didn't match other other bulb installed, nor the replacement they eventually found). They just handed it to me to replace. A drawer in the dresser is clearly broken and sitting at a jaunty angle. The shower head is at about armpit height. And the beds are old and not terribly comfortable. There is a refrigerator in the room, but hard to tell the setting (left it the way it was) and it froze everything we put in it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Amanda B, General Manager at Super 8 Gillette, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am sorry things were not up to your standards. I want to assure you that all of the issues you experienced are taken care of. I would also like to invite you back to let us show you that we can exceed your expectations, I would also like to offer you 10% off your next stay with us.
Merritt Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We left devil's tower and we on the way to Little Big Horn Battle field and stopped for the night. The room was clean and the breakfast was good. We stayed in Wyoming for 8 nights on this vacation and found the rooms to be more expensive than a lot of states. In the summer season it is hard to find a clean room for under $100 this room was $88 and had comfortable beds. The clerks were friendly I would stay here again if I ever come through Gillette and need a place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Amanda B, General Manager at Super 8 Gillette, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you come back and visit us when you are in the area.

Been to Super 8 Gillette? Share your experiences!