“Nice room, decent breakfast, really slow internet” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Gillette
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston area, MA
“Nice room, decent breakfast, really slow internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a very pleasant hotel. Nice bed, good shower, decent breakfast. alas, the internet access has been very slow for two days. Tough for me as a businessperson. There is a Starbucks in the Albertson's across the highway and another coffee shop on this side a block down the street.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ironwood, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Everything about our stay here was WONDERFUL - except the waterpark. The rooms were beautiful, clean, comfortable and the breakfast was wonderful. Very friendly service, would stay here again and again. I would for sure skip the waterpark though, luckily I read a review and knew to sign up the night before for the club membership to get free wristbands with our stay. Otherwise you would have to pay $6 a person, which they should not be charging - since they only had 3 inner tubes available for the entire waterpark that is shared between 2 hotels full of people. Serious problem with whomever is managing that part of it. They said they all popped and more were on order, I would think you would have to have a back-up supply, when you are in the middle of your busiest season and sharing between 2 hotels. So, as long as you sign up for their club membership and don't go here just for the waterpark - it is GOLDEN :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The night before we had stayed at another Country Inn & Suites so decided to try another one. It did not disappoint. Friendly staff, comfy and quiet rooms. Better than the usual breakfast. I would definitely recommend and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Everything with my stay was great except for when I came down for breakfast at about 4:30 because I had to leave for work at 5. This last time on Friday morning, the 16th of August, I rang the bell at the front desk and the front desk person came from the back and looked like he had been sleeping. He's a skinny, medium height, oriental guy. He had an attitude with me probably because I had just woken him up. I had asked if there was any other breakfast items out besides the bread, bagels, donuts, muffins, yogurt, cereal, and milk. He said that he hadn't gotten the rest of the breakfast stuff ready yet. Every morning for the past couple of weeks when I come down and this guy works, he's sleeping. I know it's an overnight job but I don't think he should be getting paid to sleep!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CountryInn G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Gillette, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Good day,

I already talked with the night person about the concerns you brought up and he told me that he is not sleeping, he is actually folding sheets and towels at the back and just finished putting up the breakfast items. as for your concern about the breakfast items, the breakfast starts at 6am to 9:30am and we put out fresh coffee and breads for guest leaving early, the hot breakfast items usually go out around 5:30am so that they are fresh when breakfast opens at 6am.

On behalf of Country Inn & Suites, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family and I love staying at Country Inn & Suites. We do a lot of road tripping and this chain works well. We picked the one in Gillette because it would be at the end of a 9-10 hour drive and it had this waterpark we thought would work well for the family after a long drive. Our check in went well, although the lobby seemed picked through of the typical fruit and/or cookies that Country Inn & Suites offer 24/7.
Our room was fine and when my wife and 14 year old went back to inquire about the waterpark, we learned that cost an extra $6 a person. After looking at the small print on my confirmation, it did state that the waterpark was owned and operated by a different company (but completely attached to the Country Inn & Suites). We sprung for the waterpark and when we went in, we realized on the other end of the complex, the area was also attached to a Fairfield Inn. The complex was trashed of food waste, pop bottles, towels all over the place. Pretty disgusting. The waterpark had a lazy river but only about 8 tubes for the 100+ kids in the pool, many of the tubes were 1/2 inflated. The front desk person mentioned lifeguards who it turned out were these teenage kids who were on the smartphones the whole time I was monitoring my kid. When I inquired about more tubes or even inflating the tubes, I was treated like I just interrupted whatever was going on with the smart phones. They said what tubes were out there were all they had. There was a maintenance guy walking around but it was obvious he wasn't being paid to clean the place or empty garbage cans.
The next morning, my son asked to swim and the complex had been picked up overnight. There was only one lifeguard on duty in the morning and again more interested in the cellphone than the swimmers. When I asked her if there were towels coming, she got all huffy and said, "probably about 20 minutes." When we left about an hour later, still no towels.
I completed the Country Inn and Suites Survey sent to me the next day and stated all these same concerns and I received an email response from the general manager stating that he had talked with the manager of the waterpark about my concerns. Unfortunately for the Country Inn & Suites, this separate but attached business reflects very badly on their hotel whether they admit it or not. What was otherwise a typically consistent and nice stay at the Country Inn & Suites turned out to be lousy because of the dump of a waterpark.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CountryInn G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Gillette, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the Water Park during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time and share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to improve the concerns you brought up regarding the water park To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Ramon Dela Cruz - Country Inns & Suites Gillette, Wyoming.
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We travel through the area a couple of times a year on our way to visit family and Country Inn has become our go-to hotel. The waterpark is great, but since I have smaller children, not really water slide age, I appreciate that there is a "toddler" area that my boys could enjoy. The suite had a seperate bedroom so the kids could go to bed and we could stay up later and still have TV, etc. There is a Wal-Mart very close by, we walked there for treats for the kids and for the "older kids" there is a liquor store at the corner by the hotel. I've stayed at several hotels in Gillette, all were fine, but this hotel meets all the needs for my family and we will be returning every time we have a stop over.
Tip: There is a charge of $6 for the waterpark but if you sign up to be a Carlson Club member (which is free), there is no charge for the waterpark.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Maple Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

So my kids beg for a water slide on every vacation we go on and I try to humor them at least one. Country inn and suites has a waterpark, not just a water slide, so that is why I picked it. A few things you need to know. You either pay $6 a person to use the park or become a club Carlson member. That was a no-brained for me, but if you don't want to join you need to know it is not part of the room. Also, there is no lifeguard on duty. If you have older kids like mine(9 & 13) it isn't a worry, but a when my kids were smaller this place may have worried me. Two water slides with not trained person overseeing it. Scary. Kids were running up the stairs and coming down the slides before the last person was out, etc... Again, if your kids are pretty responsible, no worries. If not, you will get to climb the 35 stairs every time they want to slide to keep them safe. The kiddie area was great for the little guys. The pool was super warm, which I loved and my kids loved the lazy river as well. Hotel was just a means to an end for my two kids. It was all about the water park.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Country Inn & Suites Gillette? Share your experiences!