“Not good” 2 of 5 stars

Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Gillette
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This motel had a good breakfast, large room, and good towels. I can't say anything good about the rest of it. The room was old and needed a lot work to make it appealing. Stains on the carpet. We couldn't sit on the chair because it was coming apart. Something was coming apart by the air conditioner. For the price, I would look for something else.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

This is a one star place. Clean but old and cheap. WiFi terrible.not updated since 1980. Booked through Priceline, (NEVER again) they rated it 2&1/2 stars. Priceline also charged me $20 more than if I had booked direct with the hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Big Horn, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

I will start by saying that I did not have an unpleasant experience at this hotel. The customer service was quick and friendly. My complaint is the location, the appearance, and the cleanliness of this hotel. Walking into my room felt like stepping back in time 20-years....and that's not a compliment. The outside looked run down and sleazy and this hotel is not located in an ideal location....it is definitely in the unpleasant part of Gillette...but if you ask me the whole town is unpleasant due to its lack of scenery and notorious meth problem. Anyways...this hotel needs to be updated. Also...any hotel that does not have flat screen televisions needs to get with the times. Because of my stay here I will never again pay less than $100 for a hotel room per night. You get what you pay for.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Zubair K, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Gillette, responded to this review, December 14, 2014
First of all, I would like to thanknow you for your review. Reviews like yours help us improve and keep our bring our property right up to the customers satisfaction. You mentioned in your review that you didn't like the location and the appearance of the property, on our defense this is where the original motel was built as it used to be the end of town and the "happening place" in town as well. The motel has been kept in its original exterior appearance as there isn't much that can be done about it but we have made alot of improvements with the outside. The rooms are furnished to above most motels standards and I agree the TV's are old but we have flat screens coming in next month as well as new furnishing and carpet. I can guarantee you that our rooms are much better in appearance, functionality and shape compared to other motels in town but that doesn't mean we can't improve.
I would like to offer you 30% off your paid rate (if booked thru us or our website as we can't discount reservations booked through 3rd party websites), please bring your or email me your receipt and I will gladly refund it.

Thank you and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me at 307-682-9341.

Zubair "Z" Khan
GM - America's Best Value Inn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

Nice place to stay while passing through Gillette. The location is ok (right next to train tracks) but no horn from the train which is nice. Clean and oversized rooms with all the essentials. Price was a little high for October but it's Gillette and the place was packed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

This hotel is next to the railway tracks. No noise from the trains while there but a lot of noise from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm from motor cycles and cars equipped with Thrush mufflers. Room was well equipped with fridge, microwave and hair dryer. Old CRT TV. Bathroom has sink, shower, toilet with a separate area with another sink and counter. Lots of drawer space, writing desk, table and two chairs. Staff friendly. Hardees 60 feet away. I find it a little difficult to recommend this place due to the noise and I felt a little on guard due to the location. Did not feel safe after dark. Wifi was slow which appears to be normal at ABVI. For the best rate join the ABVI club for the 15% discount.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Cheyenne, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

i stayed there fora few nights. the building needs work on the outside but ok. although, i dont like staying in a place that has no window to open.the staff were very nice and the breakfast was very nice.

Room Tip: the roomsinside are nice. the outside is rough.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Zubair K, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Gillette, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Thank you for your comments. What can I say, your comments tell it all. Thank you. We have recently completed the renovations on the outside and our next step is to do the inside. We work very hard to provide good guest service, a clean, comfortable hotel inside and out, and a breakfast with something for everyone. Thank you again. We hope you return.
Greybull, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

I had a great night's sleep at this hotel. Although it is located on the street that parallels the railroad tracks, it is close to good restaurants and easy on/off freeway access. It looks old and a little shabby on the outside, however the rooms are nicely decorated, clean, and plenty of space. Two sinks, one in the small bathroom and one outside it. Even the breakfast was good despite the small space for serving--biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, fruit etc. Staff efficient and friendly. Reservation was just as it was made no problems. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side away from the street noise/railroad
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. What can I say, your comments tell it all. Thank you. We have recently completed the renovations on the outside and our next steps are to renovate and update the rooms and amenities. We work very hard to provide good guest service, a clean, comfortable hotel inside and out, and a breakfast with something for everyone. Thank you again. We hope you return.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Gillette? Share your experiences!