“Smart Choice Inn & Suites (Rodeway Inn) Gillette, WY” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 21 hotels in Gillette
Willows, California
“Smart Choice Inn & Suites (Rodeway Inn) Gillette, WY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent a week at this motel. The staff was very helpful and if we asked for anything they were very quick and pleasant about helping us. We were involved with an event at the CamPlex and this motel is only about 2 miles away which was very good for us. The price was also very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rapid City, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am a frequent business traveller, mostly in the mid-western states, the front office staff consisting of Rob, Mark, Robin and Rosezella are the most helpful and courteous staff that i have encountered in my travels. Rosezella always goes above and beyond any expectations i could expect from a hotel, she makes my time away from home a lot easier, her profesional customer service skills and her common courtesy go a very long way in my decision to stay at this hotel, any time i am in GIllette, Wyoming.

Room Tip: Corner rooms seem to be Quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Gillette, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My family stayed here during a funeral.We was made feel like we was at home.The manager kind and even went as far to cleaning our breakfast for us. you dont find proffessionalism like this anymore.We was put at ease while our stay.We would like to thank the staff of the hoytel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dwight, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I booked this through the Internet from the Choice Hotel Site....NOT a good choice! Especially for a woman travelling alone. This place was very dark and there wasn't even a correct sign out front - still said Smart Hotel. I too had to call for directions. Not in a good neighborhood - a lot of shady characters hanging around and bus loads more pulling up in front. I was very uneasy here and if I had not have prepaid for the room, I would have left. I don't think this is a very good Choice. The room appeared to be useable (nothing crawling around), but I was very uneasy here and left very early the next morning - breakfast was non-existent - grabbed a cup of coffee at McDonalds..... This cemented my decision to NOT prebook for the rest of this trip. I want to see the neighborhood and hotel first!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

The room was cozy, quiet and comfortable. The room was clean too. I didn't stay long so didn't look into much in the area. The best part, SOFT towels and Dial soap. If back in town I'd stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012
Belmont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This motel just entered the Choice Hotel chain. It didn't even have Rodeway Inn signage except for above the front entrance. The signs on the main road still said Smart Choice Inn and Suites but believe me, staying here would not be a smart choice! It was dark so we couldn't see the sign on the front. I called the 800 Choice number as well as the desk clerk at the motel and told them I couldn't find Rodeway Inn. Neither one mentioned that it had recently had a different name. We finally drove down and parked in front of the motel and our headlights shown on the plastic sign draped over the front door. There were two pit bulls running around in the parking lot. We waited for them to move away before we got out of our van. I told the clerk about them but he didn't seem concerned. It was clearly not a good neighborhood and I was glad my husband was there also. The only reason that I didn't rate this motel as terrible was because the room was relatively clean. Otherwise, there was nothing good about this place. The hallway smelled like cigarette smoke and there were burns on the plastic bathtub in our room. The carpet in the room was very stained. The air conditioner rattled when on until my husband found a way to temporarily stop it. Breakfast in the morning was plain bagels with cream cheese or butter and jam. There were 2 empty gallons of milk so my husband asked the motel worker for more. She said that the health department only allows her to provide 3 gallons of milk per day and it was all gone. It was only 7 am and the breakfast was supposed to be available until 9. There was no desk clerk in the office to complain to so we left. I e-mailed the Choice company when we got home 2 days later. I was supposed to get a response back within 72 hours and I did not, so I called them. A manager named John said that he couldn't compensate me for my bad experience because Choice didn't own the motel. He would forward my complaint to the motel and I should wait 72 hours to hear from the owner. Five days later I called Choice back since I had not heard from the owner. The nice lady I got this time promptly added points to my account as compensation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

After having to wait to check in at 10:15 pm for the clerk to turn on the AC,the room was about 90 degrees. Tried to open the window, it was painted shut on the 3rd floor making a fire escape impossible if needed. The AC was blowing hot air. Went to the desk and asked about it, she told us it was a hot day and that's why the room was so hot. Asked to be moved to a room with a window that opens and AC, she said I'll refund your money and you can leave. That was fine with us after finding mold in the window which they tried to paint over. So instead of refunding our money she charged us again, which we had to go back over there the next day to have the manager tell me I didn't know what I was talking about. She didn't want to refund either charge till we called our bank while we were there to stop the charges. This was the most unprofessional people I have ever delt with and then they screwed up and blank it on us. We felt like they were trying to scam us out of the money.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!