“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Gillette
Boone, Iowa
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

AAA booked us here and we stayed both coming and going on a business trip. The rates are fair, we found the lobby pleasing and the rooms clean. Our AC's worked and were quiet both times we stayed. They have a computer in a private room for guests. Staff was pleasant. The only thing I could fault them on at all (and this is just petty of me) is their breakfast bar was not great. They have waffles, but no eggs or bagels and their orange juice machine wasn't working. Overall, small complaints for an otherwise great experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Daisy V, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Gillette, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Orem, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I got bedbugs from this hotel. It was a disgusting room, and when I called the hotel to inform them of the problem so they could take action to clean the owner yelled at me and said that I must've brought them to the hotel. If you like being clean, I would reccomend a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Azusa, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Room itself had the bones of a decent motel, but carpets were worn, there was dirt in corners, air conditioner was old and somewhat loud. Also people hanging around the parking lot at night (smoking) was not welcoming

When I asked for a rollaway bed, they asked for cash instead of putting on the card. Seemed fishy.

Serviceable room if you're not picky, but there are other options in Gillette

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Having read negative ratings of HJ motels I did not know what to expect. This ended up being a positive experience. Clean rooms, indoor/outdoor access to rooms, and friendly staff contributed to a nice stay. The motel is close to many restaurants. I had driven through Gillette on many occasions but never pulled off I-90. I recommend a stay in this town - great food, walk through downtown and experience metal sculptures on every corner. The only drawback were the pillows - too big and fluffy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
daisy2181, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Gillette, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.
Clacton-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed here in October 2011, and having read mixed reviews was uncertain what I would find. The staff were all very friendly and the receptionist was really helpful with any queries. My room was nice and clean, I had clean towels every day and the bedding was changed when I asked for clean ones. I had a microwave, fridge and coffee maker, and TV, plus free wifi. The continental self service breakfast was more than adequate. On my last day I asked the receptionist if she would call a cab for me to go to the airport. The manager overheard this and offered to drive me there himself!! Now THAT'S service above and beyond! I would definately stay here again, great service, large clean room and value for money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
luckyone109, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Gillette, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next visit to the area,
Orem, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

What a horrible experience. The owner Muhammad , who doesn't read or write English by the way, told me that my credit card didn't go through. I thought that it was a little odd but no big deal I just gave him another one. He said that was declined as well. So at that point he said unless I gave him payment he was locking me out of the room. I gave him the cash amount in full. The next day I called my credit card companies and they said that they both had charges of $137.60 on them from the Howard Johnson. I went to the owner and all he said was "I'm the boss I can do what I want." He lied to me saying that my cards were declined and then went on to bill them both. At this point I went to the Gillette police and they said to go demand the money back and that if he wouldn't do it then tell him that I was going to get the BBB and the police involved. It's been a week and I still haven't seen any refund. Please, there are plenty of decent hotels in Gillette, save yourself the aggravation of having to deal with that criminal.

• Stayed September 2011
luckyone109, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Gillette, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at the howard johnson. I am so sorry that you were disappointed with the behavior and lack of concern regarding the situation.
As a consumer , I know how I expect to be treated. I am truly sorry that we failed to provide tou with the very best. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area. I assure you that we will provide you with the very best on your return visit.
gillettee wy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

people in room next to us took furniture out of room drinking beer all kinds of people coming and going. Room dirty,windows can use cleaning.Room very old decor.I lost over $400.00 to priceline by leaving ,but money well spend. Don't stay at this hotel

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at the Howard Johnson Inn. I am sorry that you where dissapointed with your stay. I know that each customer expects a great experience and sorry that we didn't procvide you the very best. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to the area. I assure you that we will provide you with the very best on your return visit.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Gillette? Share your experiences!