“Okay for a stop-over, definitely not a destination!” 3 of 5 stars

You added Shilo Inn - Casper to your Saves list
Shilo Inn - Casper
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   739 Luker Lane, Evansville, WY 82636   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Evansville
“Okay for a stop-over, definitely not a destination!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Hotel could definitely use some upgrading/remodeling. Rooms have odd odor we couldn't place, but it wasn't unpleasant. Doors have standard doorknobs and separate deadbolts; use a real key to unlock door. Staff personnel were nice; they were accomodating when I asked for 2 queens instead of a king. They also let us check in early, before noon. The cleaning team did best they could with the old, outdated rooms. Beds were ok. TV is small 27 inch old type with 26 cable channels. Microwave and Refrigerator in room were clean and worked well, although microwave was missing the rotating plate. They had coffee, cookies and apples available in lobby all the time. Pool was UN-inviting in its windowless, dimly lit room. Hot tub was out of service.

Room Tip: Expect an older-dated hotel but we found it to be clean and ok for passing the night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn - Casper, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear 2englanders,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your experience with the Shilo Inn Casper. We truly appreciate your honest feedback. It’s so nice to hear when someone has had a good experience staying with us and knows good value when they see it.

We are working on updates for the hotel on a daily basis and your comments will be taken into account. Please know that we are working on the pool and hallways to make them feel more inviting and bright.

We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again so that you may experience true Shilo Hospitality & Excellence yet again.

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hannover, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Room was fairly clean, but this was the only positive aspect of this hotel. Fortunately just stayed there for one night. Pool was shabby and dirty (did not let the kids in) as well as as hallway and stairway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn - Casper, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Karin B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experience with the Shilo Inn Casper. We truly appreciate your honest feedback. It is very important for us to know when we are doing something wrong so that we can fix it.

We regret that your room did not live up to all of your expectations. We are working on updates for the hotel and the pool area is at the top of our list. Please know that corrective actions have taken place where possible.

Kindra Vogel-Bastow

Travelers are raving about these Evansville hotels

Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a week during a business trip, along with three colleagues. Almost all the staff were very friendly and helpful (apart from the Night Auditor on my last morning, who was slovenly dressed and very off-hand). However, the main complaint we all had about this hotel was that the public areas of the hotel were consistently dirty. The stairs and upper hallway were not vacuumed for three days, and there was always food detritus around the foyer area, even well after the breakfast time was over. The public seating in the foyer felt greasy and looked dirty; none of us like sitting on them.

In my job, I have to access the company Intranet with a VPN. The hotel Internet could not handle the VPN access, either in my room or in the foyer, although two of my colleagues said that they were successful. Therefore, if you rely on this kind of security access for a work trip, this is not the hotel to stay at. (I solved the problem by driving down the road and buying access to the Flying J Internet; that worked very well). Also, access to a plug to power my computer was stuck behind the television furniture, which made it difficult to reach and plug/unplug the power cord.

The rooms themselves were alright, although the dirt of the public areas made all of us check the beds for bugs. Room cleaning, however, was odd. "Hang your towels up if you want to re-use them". I did so -- only to return in the evening to find that the sink hand towels had disappeared, and no replacements left! No big deal, but an obvious lack of attention to detail. Another caveat: the room walls are pretty thin, and every morning, when I didn't have the air conditioner running, I would be woken up by the radio alarm clock in the adjoining room. The alarm was loud enough that I thought the clock was in my room, not next door.

Overall, the hotel gives the impression of shabbiness and lack of attention to detail and consistent cleanliness. Lots of little things are broken, missing (I had an iron, but no ironing board) or damaged. I suppose one should not expect a lot from the cheapest hotel in Casper ($69/night), but no matter how old an hotel is, there is no excuse for not keeping it clean. For that reason alone I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel is near the highway, and my room faced that direction. However, I didn't have any pro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn - Casper, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Visitor98661,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your experience with the Shilo Inn Casper. We truly appreciate your honest feedback. It is very important for us to know when we are doing something wrong so we can fix it.

We are working on updates for the hotel and your comments will be taken into account. Please know that corrective actions have taken place where possible. We will let corporate know about the issues you had with our internet. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again so that you may experience true Shilo Hospitality & Excellence.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was surprised by the location being hidden... but my room was clean!! Sheets where so tight and bathroom toilet was so clean!! I alway check!! it tells me alot about my room... I checked under bed and under matress there was no trash or even crumbs!! I enjoyed my stay.. My house keeper was so friendly and meant all my needs.. she even went out of her way because my son was sleeping to go grab me ice!! all thou second floor back was dark... it wont stop me from returning!! I really enjoyed my stay... Clean and Tidy for sure just kinda a old building but the rooms say I'm clean and Staff say I'll make ur stay worth it!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

There was someone elses trash iiiiiiin the can under the siiiiiiiiink . Non smokiiiing but it was really stiiiiiiinky.. The front desk, was nice, but the rooms didn't feel safe, the keys were not cards.

• Stayed July 2012
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn - Casper, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear gentrybs,

I am sorry that your room did not live up to your expectations, as a dirty room would not live up to mine either. Please know that I have spoken with my housekeeping staff about this. I will bring to the attention of our corporate staff of your concerns regarding the keys. We hope to see you again so that you may experience true Shilo Hospitality & Excellence.

West Jordan, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel in Casper/Evansville is a dump. The pool was disgusting, the rooms were barely clean. The pillows were old and not supportive. The shower was more like a stream of water than a shower. If I represented Shilo Inns I'd be embarrassed to say that this was one of my properties. This hotel is in need of an update, especially since we were given actual keys for the rooms. The staff wasn't much better, when we asked for extra pillows & towels we were told there weren't any and the hotel was full. I find it hard to believe the hotel was full when there were only about 10 cars in the parking lot. We stayed at the Super 8 East on the way back through Casper.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I booked this hotel because the rodeo was in town through Travelocity. I can't say it strong enough do not use Travelocity. When I arrived at the hotel they had no record of my confirmed reservation made through Travelocity. First of all if you call Travelocity you will be speaking to a foreigner with less than capable English skills. Secondly, they don't know what to do if there is a problem. Third, they will not offer you compensation unless you give them the strong arm over the phone. Now on to the pleasant people at Shilo. They put me up in the conference room with a rollaway for no charge. What excellent people. Not what I was expecting but I had a quiet restful night and was able to do my business the next day. Super Kudos to the fine folks at Shilo!

Room Tip: wouldn't know
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Shilo Inn - Casper? Share your experiences!