“simply superb...incredible customer service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Evanston

Super 8 Evanston
You added Super 8 Evanston to your Saves list
Super 8 Evanston
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1710 Harrison Drive, Evanston, WY 82930 (Formerly Economy Inn Evanston)   |
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Evanston
Irving, Texas
“simply superb...incredible customer service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

i am glad that i decided to stay at this super8. it was mid night. at first i was thinking too look for something higher end, as i have bad experience with super 8 in san antonio, tx. But under the circumstances and convenient location i thought to give it a try. i got warm welcome by gentlemen on front desk, rate given to me was very reasonable. when i walked in my room, i was impressed that bed was neat and clean, soothing fragrance. i experienced problem with internet , i went to front desk and inquire about it. the gentleman quickly figured it out that i have macbook and fixed it at midnight around 1 o'clock, it was great example of customer service. when i checked out in morning the front desk staff was curious enough to ask wether i have any issues during my stay.
overall i would like to recommend it to everyone who want to see value of there money , just stay once and you will have same experience as me.
thank you everyone at super 8 for providing such a wonderful stay. you guys are awesome.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was on a road trip, I ended up staying at this motel because I was too tired to drive further. Really nice and helpful staff. Great price, the gentlemen at the front desk gave me managerial discount. Very comfortable stay. It was really quite atmosphere around, I had really good sleep after long driving day. Nice complimentary breakfast, free wifi. Overall, great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was on my business trip, stayed for a week at super 8. first I was having very low expectations on about super8. But when I stayed there I change my opinion. Staff was very helpful , friendly and the room was clean and quiet. The day I checked in the manager on duty was very helpful and gave me a better weekly rate.. which was very offered able and low price when compared to other hotels in town. my over all stay was very good. will stay again on my next business trip. Thanks again to the staff and keep it up your good service. I appreciate it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

When I go to evanston with my family I first stopped at the days inn, can you believe they were asking 120/night. So then I went to the Super 8, from the exterior the property looks like it need some upkeep, but when I went inn, I was made to feel like family. The gentle man at the front desk offered my kids a drink of juice and when I went to ask for the price and I told him that I did not have any discount, he gave us a manager discount at 72.99. So we took the room since that was the cheapest room in the town. When my daughter went online, she showed me that the gentle man in the front desk did give us a discount of more than $15.00 I was amazed, while for the day's inn they were advertising 89.99 online and charging 120. The room that we got was good and comfortable, plus something that we did not expect, they gave us a courtesy call just to make sure we were satisfied with our room. I have travel all my life, only some of the high end hotel give courtesy calls, but this Super 8 giving one. I was very happy this stay and I hope the management of that super 8 keep up the great work and thanks for thinking about the travelers and not the bottom line.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Schaumburg, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was a little hesitant to try this place out because it looked quite shabby from the outside. It was obvious that most of the rooms (the ones that can actually are good enough to be rented out) are occupied by long-term residents. The man at the desk was nice and gave a me a "manager's discount" to $70 after taxes, shaving maybe $20 bucks off the "normal" price LOL. The motel says it has "high speed internet" and he said room 212 would be very good because it was right next to the office.

Actually, the room itself was a pleasant surprise. Very roomy and everything worked quite well...except the internet. I couldn't even log on throughout my stay. I could pick up the Best Western from across the street but the Super 8 router wasn't doing the job at all. Wi-Fi is what I need in a motel room and if a motel says it has it and then doesn't, then a pox on them. I've stayed at more than a dozen Super 8s and most of them fail very badly with Wi-Fi. This is my last stay at a Super 8.

I should give this motel a #2 rating instead of #3. But it was a nice room except for the Wi-Fi. And I had no problem with the long-term residents either. They were very quiet. Wish I could say the same about the Polaris ATV shop across the street that seemed to pride itself in making noise.

Room Tip: Evanston, Wyoming, is quite an eclectic little town. Check out the historic downtown. Some nice litt...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
davida21_77, Manager at Super 8 Evanston, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
My appologies that the Internet was not working with you, did you informed the front desk or ask the front desk to help you go to the internet? Depending on the brand of laptop or if it's an IPad or a Mac product, there are surtain things we have to do since some of these devices don't communicate with our routers. My front desk are trained to help the customers that cannot log on to the internet and if for some reason they cannot help we have a 24 hour IT company that manages our wifi speed and output and they would have been more than happy to help you out. Our office is open 24/7 so there is always a friendly person ready to help out.

Arjun

Been to Super 8 Evanston? Share your experiences!