“Don't even think about having a bath!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Evanston
Riverton, Utah
“Don't even think about having a bath!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The first night we stayed at this hotel, a shower cap was provided as part of the bathroom amenities. The next day, housekeeping threw away that shower cap, but did not replace it with a new one. After returning very late to our hotel room the second night, I had to go downstairs to the front desk to request a new shower cap. The front desk staff told me that they do not give out or provide shower caps. When I explained that there had been a shower cap in the bathroom the night before, the staff member told me that Days Inn no longer allows for them to order shower caps. I really didn't want to take a shower without a shower cap as I didn't want to get my long hair wet. So I thought I'd make the best of it and have a bath instead. Well, guess what? Couldn't do that either as there was NO plug for the bath tub! My husband called the front desk and was told that ALL plugs from all the hotel rooms had been taken away after another guest had forgotten to switch off the water and had flooded the room. Apparently, all these plugs had then been placed somewhere safe so that when a guest actually requested one, it could be provided. However, the staff member on duty had NO idea where this 'safe' location was and couldn't provide us with one. So I couldn't shower without getting my hair wet, and couldn't take a bath either as there was no plug.

There is also a huge gap at the top of the curtains and since our room was the corner room overlooking the parking area and main, busy street of Evanston, we had lighting galore in our room. I was unable to sleep because of how bright and noisy it was.

We had also asked for a quiet room as we were in Evanston on business. We were promised a quiet room on the second floor. However, our room had an inter-leading door that connected to a room with a family containing 4 very small children. Needless to say, they were up all night, crying and running around. The same thing the next morning too. We did ask to be moved as soon as we realized that there were so many young children in the room next door but was told that there were no other rooms available.

We had stayed at this hotel last year, and were quiet happy with our experience then. However, with no shower cap, no bath tub plug, noisy neighbours and extreme lighting pouring in from the window and around the doors, I'm not sure we'll ever stay here again. Sad as the bed was extremely comfy, room was very clean and staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outer sides all have inter-leading doors.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boerne, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Good location right off the freeway. Clean, but hasn't been updated in a good 30 years or so. Breakfast was substandard pastries. Price of the room was right.

• Stayed December 2011
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

The manager stopped me in the lot while discussing the prices with my friends/family in the car. We had planned on checking prices at other hotels because we were on a family emergency and the pocket book was hurting. The manager asked what price we felt was acceptable. We gave him what we thought we could and he accepted. I thought the rooms were nice and the shower was amazing. I wasn't expecting suite-style rooms and did smell some smoke in one of our rooms, but still felt the price was adequate. Thanks for a great sleep and great continental breakfast!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kings Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

In dire need of upgrades. Old, dirty, paper-thin walls. Also,, I called to ask about their pet policy and was told it was $10.00. The website as well as the info book in the room says $10.00 for a pet. I booked online that day to save a few dollars off the walkin rate and when I checked in, they asked how big my dog was. WhenItold them 60 pounds, she charged me $20.00. I said I called and the website said ten, she informed me that that was for dogs 10 pounds and under. That is very bad advertising and customer service, if I hadnt already booked I would have walked.
Also, the heat unit was ridicullously oud and clunky. Could hear the guests above us ALL night long!

Room Tip: DONT stay on a lower floor. We heard the people above us walking around, using the bathroom, everyt...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Evanston hotels

Cadiz, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I will admit it looks a little "worn out" with some chipped paint, and worn furniture, but the room was very clean, linens were way above average, staff was helpful, beds were comfortable, wifi is great, and the fridge and MW useful. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Granted, I stopped on a cross country road trip and had not read reviews ahead of time but I would definately not stay here again. I was not expecting a 5 star location as I was a walk-in and needed a pet friendly location. Driving up to the front, the hotel looked like a typical low budget, freeway friendly hotel. I was tired from driving 8 hours and was willing to take whatever I could get that would also allow my pet. It wasn't until after I booked my room that I realized how unkempt the location was.

I can deal with older hotels, but this location actually felt unsafe to me. The back door of the building, which was closest to my room and is where I parked, was unlocked all day/night. There was a sign on the door requesting hotel key access, but this was unnecessary. There were also several windows on the back of the building that were open (no glass/screen) and would allow for anyone to enter the building.

The room itself, was fairly clean, if extremely outdated. There was however, a serious bleach smell in the room/linens. I could also hear every noise the neighbors to my side and upstairs made. This would not usually bother me personally, but it did bother my pet.

In hindsight, I think the hotel is way over priced. If I go into a hotel knowing that the budget is lower, my expectations will be lower. But, for $80 a night, this place is way over priced.

Stay anywhere else if you can.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Sheridan, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

It was all disgusting...the room stunk and was dirty.....I could hardly sleep it was so gross. VERY old furniture and tv in the room and all the carpet was filthy and the hallways were poorly lit .....probably so it didnt look so disgusting! Was maybe five small tables to eat the continental breakfast which was poor as well. Will NEVER stay here again....it was cheaper for a reason!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Evanston? Share your experiences!