“Great price but does need a facelift” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Evanston

You added Motel 6 Evanston to your Saves list
Motel 6 Evanston
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   261 Bear River Drive, I-80 at Exit #6, Evanston, WY 82930   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Evanston
Gold Point, NV
“Great price but does need a facelift”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The room was huge. So big the TV was too far away. The biggest room I have ever seen in a Motel 6. Everything was acceptable. We did not have any problems BUT we were put in a room where we could not see our bike and the place was far from full occupancy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I do a lot of traveling with my job and this was my first stay at a Motel 6. You get what you pay for, bottom line. I have a hard time sleeping to begin with and neighbors slamming their doors during all hours of the night just blows me away. The lady at the front desk was awesome and the room was nice. As others have noted however, the place needs to look more 'current'. It kind of has a 70's style look and feel to it. I think with some reconstruction of this place, it has better potential than it does now, looking the way it does. Great price though.

Room Tip: Rooms higher and in corners tend to be a little more quiet. This is the case with all motel's...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stopped here for the night on our (myself and 2 friends) 5 day road trip. What a great value! Great price, great room. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. I love having an a/c unit in each room - that makes it so much nicer, considering my temperature comfort zone is different than others. I will definitely stay here again when I am in the area!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lehi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times over the years for my work & I keep waiting for some remodeling or something but it never happens. I have stayed in several rooms that when the toilet seat is down, you cannot shut the bathroom door. The last one I stayed in the shower head was very messed up & there has been numerous occasions when I've had ants in the room. So, I have now had to find a different place to stay when I am working in Wyoming. The location is great, very close to I-80 & to a truck stop but still not worth it to me until changes are made.

• Stayed May 2013
Pittstown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I just wanted to give a kudos to the Day Manager, Albert. In my estimation he went above and beyond to make my stay as nice as it could be. When I got checked in, I tried to get on the Internet with their WiFi. I was never able to connect and Albert did everything he could think of to get it working for me. It turned out to be an issue with their provider and not the motel's fault. He was a trooper though and with a friendly, helpful attitude he did all he could have done. I can't say as much for the night manager, he was a grump!

The property itself, although older, was in good repair and everything was clean. I can recommend this Motel 6 as a good value for anyone traveling through Evanston, WY.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

What makes this Motel 6 worth the value when traveling, is also the challenges this particular hotel presents. First the good: very close to the Hwy and places for gas. If you are towing a trailer, there is a lot out back that seems to be perfect for trailers or big trucks. Rooms are clean, well stocked and the staff was friendly and organized at check in. If laundry is needed or a dip in the pool is required, they have you covered. This property is right next door to a very large truck stop facility. With great respect to the men and women that drive large trucks, they are noisy and they travel all times of day and night. The hotel is perfect to hear their travels! They are big, loud machines. Also, the activities at the pool can be very loud, so again, the noise at this hotel can be quite loud. If this is not a concern, it is a most perfect travel stop!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Willows, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the Motel 6 in Evanston - one of the best Motel 6's we have stayed at. Room was very big - had a microwave and refrigerator and they offered free WIFI (most Motel 6's charge for WIFI), had coffee 24 hours a day. Was easy to find and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Evanston? Share your experiences!