“Recommended by Hotel Staff” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Flemington, New Jersey
“Recommended by Hotel Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We ate dinner here once on the recommendation of a hotel staff member. I had the seafood burrito; my husband had the beef burrito. The meal came with warm chips, salsa, and a warm bean dip. We were offered additional chips after we finished off the first bowl, but declined.

Service was fast but not especially friendly - fine otherwise. Portions were large. The food was pretty good, but nothing memorable. The red snapper in the seafood burrito was a bit overbearing to my liking. Otherwise, good. My meal came with beans and rice. My husband enjoyed his burrito.

Prices were reasonable. Two meals with soft drinks, $32. Mexican decor and music.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Denver, Colorado
“Get the Carne Asada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Yet another hole in the wall Mexican restaurant with amazing food. The beer is outrageously overpriced.

Visited July 2012
Ogden, Utah
“Not bad, but not my favorite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband is from Mexico and I am from Georgia so our idea of a good Mexican restaurant may differ from most other people. We are visitng Evanston just as a mid-week getaway and went here for lunch on the recommendation of hotel staff. My husband had the carne azada with a chicken enchilada, beans and rice. The meat had a strong "grilled" flavor that was nice and the rice was fluffy and had great flavor. The enchilada was also quite tasty, although slightly sweet. I had the seafood enchiladas and they were better than I've had at other places. The fish was seasoned well and they had a decent amount of scallops and shrimp in them (considering they were smaller than burritos). We did not care for the beans simply because they tasted more boiled than fried - they were not bad by any means, just not to our specific tastes. The chips and salsa were average in our opinion.
The service was what bothered me slightly. I enjoy being greeted as though I am welcome - a smile, "how are you" or other nicety makes the experience pleasant for me. I also expect the server to interact with us, maybe offer a suggestion or ask if we have questions. This does not happen at this restaurant. We were seated (in comfortable booths that offer ample space for us larger folk) and the waitress asked what we wanted to drink. When she brought the sodas, she simply sat them on the table and walked away. This was also how the food was served. When she took our food order, she did not ask if my husband wanted corn or flour tortillas so he ended up having to order them after we discovered they were flour. She did not come back until we were done and there was no "checking back" with us to see if we needed refills or if everything was ok.
Overall: the food was good, the booths were comfortable, the portions are enough for big eaters and monstrous for nibblers, the place was old, but clean and the prices were fair for lunch considering this is a small town just off the interstate. If we are in the area we will eat here again, but it is not something we would plan a trip for.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great fast service...lots of food...salsa with a punch...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Sure it's a older building but the great service and food keep u focused on why u are there...chips and salsa where spicy...my margarita was plenty for the money...our food was hot and fresh..The best part was they DO NOT have a tv ...

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Boise, ID
“A lot of food for a small price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Delightful salsa and chips. My meal was very good, but would have fed a family of 3!

Visited July 2012