“Fantastic Dude Ranch!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Specialty Lodging in Dubois
Northern Virginia
“Fantastic Dude Ranch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just go. Stop your research now and make your reservation. After weeks of research and comparisons, we chose the Lazy L and B for our first ranch experience for our family of four (kids 11 and 14). It was the perfect choice for us new riders who wanted lots of time on the horses, good food, and a few other things to do. The excellent reviews say it all. You cannot imagine a more beautiful, diverse setting, which made for different, surprising rides each day. We lucked out to be there with so many wonderful, international families that we were able to get to know. The kids hung out as a group and were free to explore on their own. Cute cabins with comfortable mattresses, excellent food at every meal, warm lodge for gathering. Naturally, not every wrangler provides the same individual attention, so my advice is that if you have any issues at all with your horse or the instruction, you need to speak up. If we ever do this type of vacation again, will will definitely go back.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

My wife and I spent an awesome week ( 8/31/14 - 9/6/14 ) at the Ranch. I'm not a horseback rider but she is.Jason & Deb and their staff were outstanding hosts to us ! The cabin we stayed in was very good, the food was outstanding,the Wranglers that rode with us were great. I rode 4 of the 7 days - my wife rode all 7. The scenery at the ranch in my opinion was breathtaking. We would go back in a heartbeat !

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Lazy L&B is a magical place. It's great for families, striking the perfect balance between rustic, wild and comfortable, between intense riding and just plain relaxation, Imagine a day of hard riding followed by a some good wine and delicious food. Deb and Jason are warm and attentive hosts, without being obtrusive, and the staff are great. The ranch is not too fancy..no movie stars getting massages or CEOs doing business. It's for people who want to enjoy their families, good company, good food, gentle horses and the spectacular scenery of this part of Wyoming, We just got back from a late August visit and are already saving up for a return,

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I am sure that you have read many positive reviews about this place. I agree with all the reviews. I also love the ranch, the staff, and the owners. There is riding for everyone from a complete novice like me to experienced riders. I loved meeting the other guests and the owners. My kids loved meeting other kids and roaming the ranch in a safe and fun environment. It is a family vacation wonderland with good food, nice cabin, fabulous rides going very high, and great fun. I have to say that we had a great group of guests staying when we visited. It was great to meet such a diverse and fun group of people. Go to the ranch if you can! Have a blast....

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We returned to the Lazy L&B again this year. It was an easy decision for our kids who started asking to come back as we drove up the driveway last year. We have a family "rule" about repeating places - with so many places to see and things to do, but I have to say I'm thrilled we returned. We had even more fun than last year (you can find that review below) and Jason and Debbie continue to make improvements to an already great weekly program. The riding is great, the food and wine (not to mention the rest of the bar) are very good, the wranglers and staff are friendly and competent, the cabins renovated, the furnishings are new, and the ranch has the right balance of activity to relaxation. Great experience from start to finish.

Room Tip: There are cabins near the main ranch house and some farther afield. If you have kids I'd choose...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I returned to Lazy L and B to meet up with friends I had made last year at the ranch on a solo trip and had so much fun! Lazy L and B is renowned for having the best rides in the area, and it’s certainly true - every day is varied with desert, forests, rivers, plains, mountains and meadows to all ride through.

Myself and a friend from last year both stayed 2 weeks, because, hey, 1 week is just not enough to enjoy the fantastic rides, wonderful horses, breathtaking scenery and the great fun on the ranch itself with Deb and Jason, the wranglers and the staff team. Everyone is really friendly and welcoming, and it’s such a wonderfully relaxing place.

I liked getting up to groom my horse in the mornings before a big breakfast (tho you can sleep in if you want), going out on the rides, up steep mountains and winding through forests and exciting river crossings. Back at the ranch there is a pool to plunge into, or the river if you’re more adventurous. Climbing up the mountains nearby after dinner is a great place to watch the sunset, and the hot tub by the river a warming place to rest any aching muscles.

Food is delicious with plenty of steaks for meatlovers but other options too, and my favourite meals by far were the breakfasts and dinners that were cooked outside round the big campfire.

Not much beats a whisky and guitars round the campfire under the stars with a great bunch of people, after a full day of riding in some of the most spectacular scenery around. Don't think about it any longer, just go!

Room Tip: All the cabins are rustic and comfortable
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chilmark, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We had a wonderful time at the Lazy L & B Ranch. We were a large group of 28, lots of little ones, and were treated so well and had so much fun. Lots of great riding, playing in the river, great food, and Jason and Deb couldn't be more accommodating or helpful. We recommend highly.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Lazy L and B Ranch? Share your experiences!