“Comfortable room, nothing fancy” 4 of 5 stars

Cody Legacy Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1801 Mountain View Drive, Cody, WY 82414   |
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Cody
Seattle
“Comfortable room, nothing fancy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed just after the 4th of July. Found it on the web and the pictures were a bit misleading. It's very nice and clean, but not fancy. The pool was very nice and clean. We got in later in the evening, but it was open until 10 so we could use it. Each room had a microwave & fridge which was a nice convenience. Located on the outskirts of town, but close to groceries and restaurants. It was moderately priced for the area and I would probably stay there again if I was in Cody.

Room Tip: No elevator, so choose the first floor if you have a hard time with stairs. No rooms with views, bu...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Vincennes, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Finally, I was greeted by a warm and friendly face. She smiled and spoke to me as if we knew one another for years. As we talked, I told her my name and that I had reservations. I started to show her my reservation print-out along with my confirmation numbers and she told me that it wasn't needed. Checking-in was at 3pm and once again, I was early. In fact, I was several hours early. She told me all the rooms were dirty and that my room would be ready by 3pm. I asked her which room I got and she smiled then told me I was getting the first room on the right on the first floor just a few steps away from the front desk which was their deluxe room with king bed. I left and ate lunch, did some errands, then came back at 2:45pm. Another woman was there this time and I told her who I was to which she told me my room would be ready in just a few minutes. Wow, another warm and friendly person. We talked and talked for quite some time. Moments later, she told me my room was ready. As soon as I walked into my room, I noticed my stay was going to be much better than other places I had stayed. My room had a delightful scent to it. I can't describe it but I loved it. Everything about the room was great. I did several loads of laundry there too without any problems. I highly recommend this motel. Their staff is the best. I will miss them! Thanks for making my time in Cody a memorable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Gainesville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a good value option in Cody, especially around the July 4 holiday.

We stayed here 3 nights and found it to be convenient, friendly, and comfortable - except for the beds! The mattresses are so soft that my husband and I kept rolling to the middle of the bed all night long, for 3 nights! Ugh.

The rooms themselves are fine, very spacious, with small refrigerators. The older "value" section has a 3/4 wall separating the two beds, which makes it perfect for 2 privacy if you are sharing a room.

They don't serve breakfast at all but the coffee in the lobby is good if you drink the one in the carafe. Otherwise, McDonald's is just across the highway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here one night and found the beds to be quite comfortable and the rooms fairly spacious. I would stay here again for a clean hotel with a little local flair. That said, there was no elevator and the lobby shuts down at 9 PM. We asked about basic information like the appropriate leaving time to hit Old Faithful, and the staff responded, "We should probably know that, but we don't." They didn't answer the phone when Hotels.com tried to reach them to alter my reservation (which couldn't be done from the website...cancel and rebook only). After 15 minutes on the phone to Hotels.com trying to find a solution that would let me keep the room for one night, they finally answered and said it was no problem to amend the reservation. Keep this in mind when booking with this hotel!

Room Tip: No elevator, so ask for first floor if you can't haul your luggage up.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We were bounced from the Cody Cowboy Village due to an apparant overbooking by Orbitz and,or a room going down at the CC Village. The CC Village staff had fortunatelty managed to book us in to the Cody Legacy Inn at a tarrif only $5 above the rate that I had booked on line for the CC Village. As you can imagine we wre not impressed with Orbitz especially as this was the 4th July! Credit to the CC Village staff for finding us other accomodation at very short notice on this very busy day.
The rooms at the Cody Legacy Inn were large, well equiped and very comfortable. Unfortunately there was no breakfast facility. However, the hotel is well worth a stay.

Stayed July 2014
Uttoxeter
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

One night stop over from West Yellowstone to Deadwood - chose Cody because we wanted to take in a Rodeo during our stay in the US. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Staff were friendly and accommodating. The location was perfect for us - 10 minute drive to the Rodeo Stadium. We needed nothing more. No problem that there was no breakfast - we set out early the next morning and picked up breakfast on the way.

Had a slight problem with people stomping around in the room above ours in the early hours but that is just inconsiderate residents, not the fault of the hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cody, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed 5 nights. The room was nice and the price was comparable to other hotels of similar accommodations. However, house keeping was terrible. My son dropped a shoe and I looked under the bed to retrieve it. There was trash from a previous guest under there! A filthy water bottle, a used paper coffee cup, dead batteries etc. One day in particular, someone made a sad attempt to service the room. I was amazed they managed to pull the covers up! Beds were not made. NOTHING in the bathroom was cleaned. Dirty / wet towels were left on the floor. We were given no fresh bath towels. In addition, the back door entry was completely unlocked for the first 4 nights due to a broken lock. Poor security! Look around, for that kind of money, you can do better!!!

Room Tip: Do not park next to grass. The sprinklers run at night and the water spots they cause are murder to...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Cody Legacy Inn? Share your experiences!