“WOW! - I would stay there again!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1032 12th Street, Cody, WY 82414   |
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Cody
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florida
“WOW! - I would stay there again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

What a pleasure! The room was very clean (and I'm picky), fresh flowers, chocolates on pillow, and higher end bath products. The bed was super comfortable! I also really appreciated the extra effort to be earth friendly in cleaning products/linens, etc. Each room was decorated differently and yet so elegant & comfortable. Frankly, I wish I could take Chamberlin Inn with me to stay in on every vacation so I can always know my overnight stays will be comfortable / beautiful & clean. Worth every penny. The hosts, Susan & Ev were warm people. I did not need them much however, because everything I needed was either already in the room, told to me when I checked in, or provided in guide in the room. I've never taken the time to write a review of any lace I've stayed before - but I feel compelled to do so for this experience!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Cody, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

We found the Chamberlin Inn very warm and inviting. The rooms were tastefully decorated. My husband and I will book again for our anniversary. It is located near downtown Cody and is the spot to be if you visit Cody.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
brewster cape cod
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

Donna and I own a bed and breakfast on Cape Cod, Brewster By The Sea, and we have high expectations in our travel. However, having been born and raised in Cody (many years ago!), those expectations were moderated by the knowledge that most motels/hotels in small towns out west are nothing to write home about. Given that knowledge, we researched long and hard to find the best place for us to stay in Cody.
That is why we are so excited to recommend the Chamberlin Inn to potential guests. Susan and Ev are wonderful hosts, available when needed (unobtrusive when not), knowledgeable about the area (directed us to the new dinosaur tracks found around Shell Wyoming), and extremely helpful with any needs you might have. The history of the Chamberlin inn is fascinating and the renovation of the property and buildings is truly astounding. We stayed in the Garden apartment to take advantage of the kitchen (yeah for the coffee!) and felt very much at home. The WiFi was high speed and always available, the renovation details were fascinating, the courtyard was always inviting and the metalwork (tables, chairs, balconies. gates and fences, and arbors were extremely nice. The location is the best in Cody for non driving meanderings as restaurants and excellent shopping are within easy walking distance (at most 1 small town block). The staff were efficient and extremely pleasant. Cody is a great place to spend several days exploring Yellowstone, Big Horns and nearby towns, Red Lodge and Cooke City and then to rest a day or two before moving on and the Chamberlin Inn is the place to call home for this time period. The Whitney Gallery of Western Art (also Natural History, firearms, Plains Indian) musem complex is unbelievable, one would expect this to be only available in a large city like Denver.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Riverton, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

I must admit I have a hard time understanding some of the previous so-so reviews. This is a boutique hotel in a rennovated historic building. No, there is no elevator or bellhop to take your luggage up. What you will find is a lovely old hotel with beautifully decorated rooms, chocolates on your pillow and upper end bath amenities. This hotel isn't for everyone. If you want the day old bagel and mediocre continental breakfast, go elsewhere. I will agree with one of the reviewers that if they made this a b&b, it would be even better. They do have a full kitchen on site. The staff was friendly, the room was lovely and the price wasn't bad at all (we went in winter however.) A great place for a couple get away. Try the Wyoming Rib and Chop House around the corner for great food.

• Liked — beautiful rooms - lovely decorations
  • Disliked — some would find the stairway access difficult.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

We needed a winter retreat to meet up with 3 other couples to plan our next vacation and this was the perfect setting. Beautifully restored with each room being different decor - tastefully done. Sun room and suites had lots of room for privacy and visiting. We chose the winter get-away package with Champagne, Chocolates & Roses- great deal. Lots of local restuarants to choose from. Just a perfect retreat with great owners that made us feel so welcome. We definitely recommend this to others for a nice place to stay and it has options for larger gatherings or wedding in the courtyard.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
port townsend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

This elegant "boutique hotel" is mindful of charming European places we have stayed in. Much care has been given to beautiful furnishings and workmanship, quality, cleanliness and comfort. My stereotypes of bunking in the Old West are changed forever!

Lovely grounds and garden add to the experience as does the location near downtown Cody, making walking everywhere a great option. No problems with noise for this light sleeper.

I loved the library, the "reading porch" and especially the friendly, accommodating staff. It is worth diverting to this destination Inn on an east-west driving trip. I am happy to recommend it every chance I get. Did I mention quality?

• Liked — The surprise of finding such a beautiful, comfortable hotel in a "western" town.
  • Disliked — I cannot live there.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

My husband surprised me for my 35th b-day by taking away for the evening to stay at the Chamberlin Inn. The hotel is perfectly located in Cody - one block from main street. The room was beyond my expectations - charming and elegant. This is absolutely the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. There are many public areas to relax - the library, the comforatble kitchen area, the upstairs enclosed balcony, the courtyard. Yummy chocolates greeted us in our room as well as fantastic toiletries and coffee service. The hotel service was outstanding - the pleasant staff did everything they could to make our evening memorable. We had a wonderful dinner around the corner (the staff referred us to the restaurant) then came straight back to the hotel - I didn't want to miss a minute of being there. I loved the welcoming atmosphere. We were even able to look in other rooms that weren't yet occupied for the night - each one is so unique I know we'll be back for another evening away from the kids. Thank you for this western oasis!

• Liked — Elegant atmosphere
  • Disliked — We were only able to stay one night - this place obviously the premier hotel in Cody.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Chamberlin Inn? Share your experiences!