“First class western style Mexican food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Page, Arizona
“First class western style Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We visited Zapata's in Cody, Wy because the big steak houses on weekend were chock full. And it was a great boon! Fresh salsa made daily. We had chili rellenos made with Hatch chilis and flautas with chicken. All first class! Service was great, too. For a Texan, was like being a bit home on a long trip.

Calgary, Canada
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The food was very good but as a first timer to this restaurant it was confusing as to how to order and from whom

Visited August 2014
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Food was great here, but both my companions ordered blended margaritas with salt on the rim, but both got salty margaritas.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fargo, North Dakota
“Excellent service & salsa; Average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The service was excellent. Our young server was attentive and professional. The salsa was yummy!

Our meals were just okay. My husband and I both ordered burritos - I had chicken with a red sauce and my husband had beef with the sour cream sauce. My husband said the ground beef in his was kinda clumpy and the burrito didn't have much taste. My chicken burrito didn't have much flavor and the red sauce was very salty.

The kids had hard shell tacos and felt the same way.

We wouldn't recommend it for the food...

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
the South
“Salsa was the highlight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stopped in for lunch with a group of 5 on the way home from Yellowstone. Overall a pretty good meal, though we had spotty service and the meal was a bit overpriced.

The star of the meal was the chips and salsa. Zapatas salsa is terrific, and in fact, we bought a pint to bring home. I had the 1886 Huevos Rancheros...no complaints...very good. Wife had the fajita salad which was decent but nothing special. Kids shared the nachos, which are huge, but again good but not remarkable.

Service was slow and our waiter made a mess of our order. The nachos were supposed to be cheese only, but he added pulled beef (which I paid for without complaint). Tacos were to be ground beef...again pulled beef. We order 1 nacho and 2 tacos....we got 2 nachos and 1 taco. He corrected that but seemed defensive and told us, "but I wrote down 2 nachos right here" referring to his order pad. I suspect this is a problem with this particular waiter and probably is not indicative of service at Zapatas overall.

Lunch ticket for family of 5, all drinking water with no appetizers, was approx. $50.

• Visited July 2014