“A bit different” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“A bit different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Great friendly service. Not the same ol' burrito. Came with a choice of red or green sauce or sour cream. The red was delish as was the salsa which was more of a pico de gallo. The side of Mexican corn was also a nice surprise. The only negative was that they were out of queso cheese for nachos but that was probably because we were seated 15 minutes before closing. I'd definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Port Richey, Florida
“Mexican food with a twist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Always fresh but with a little twist of Americana. Situated in the heart of downtown Cody and always a great meeting place with friends. Open year-round and don't miss the outdoor dining in summer. They have a killer Marguarita and the wait staff are awfully nice.

Visited October 2012
bellows falls vt.
“It was ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Service was good, americanized mexican food but tasted good. They didn't make real margaritas. Probably would try a different place since there were so many to chose from.

Visited June 2013
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

As we were passing through, we chose this. It was great food, very good service and atmosphere. The only negative was no lunch menu and it was pricey for lunch. Would definitely go back if ever in area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nampa, Idaho
“Horribly Food Quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

On May 31, 2013, we ate at this restaurant when visiting Cody. Usually we read the reviews on tripadvisor before trying new restaurants, but unfortunately didn't this time. I have eaten at many Mexican restaurants in Mexico, New Mexico, Arizona, Idaho and other western states. I have family in New Mexico and have eaten at several restaurants in several cities large and small. At Zapata's we were waiting when they opened at 5 for dinner. We were seated promptly and brought warm tortilla chips and a good salsa. We had a nice waitress who promptly got us our drinks. I ordered the two pork enchiladas meal with refried beans and rice and my GF ordered the two chicken taco meal with refried beans and rice. My sauce was tasty but the quality of pork was poor. It ended up that at least 1/4 of the pork was fat, including a piece with a nice fat vein in it. I regularly eat pork at Mexican rest. and have NEVER had meat any where close to this poor. The chicken tacos had water running out of them and the meat looked like, and tasted like, boiled chicken. There was absolutely no seasoning or sauce on the meat. My friend didn't even finish the first taco it was so bland. The refried beans were like soup and should have come in a bowl with a spoon. When the waitress came to check on us I complained about the food and showed her the pile of pork fat, and told her of the flavorless chicken with no seasoning. She apologized for the pork and said the chicken is always cooked like that. She offered to get me another meal and I declined, expecting just another bad meal. The waitress comped us the price of one meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
I am so sorry you didn't enjoy your meal at Zapata's. I was however surprised to hear about the pork. I buy only the best quality meats and the pork is most popular and I sell out of it all most every day. However I know and you know that once in awhile a piece of fat might make it thru. All ou meats are slowe roasted and carefully seasoned. I was also surprised you didn't like the beans. But they were not refried beans, I serve whole pinto beans and most people love them. Alot of people even buy a jar to take with them. But I am sorry you were not happy. Maybe you should have let your server try and make it right for you.

Have a safe trip. But remember when you do post a review you don't have to be so rude.

Connie