“A slice of Heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bill Cody Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cody
Bill Cody Ranch
You added Bill Cody Ranch to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2604 Yellowstone Hwy, Cody, WY 82414   |
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Cody
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A slice of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This ranch experience far exceeded my expectations. First off, scheduling and changing my reservations (2 times) was a breeze. They were very accommodating to my changing needs. Once we got there, we found this ranch to be nestled in a shaded canyon, small enough for personal attention, yet full of all of amenities to meet our needs. The made to order food was delicious (especially the steaks), the young staff was friendly and eagerly helpful. The horse rides were amazing. We did the 4 hr ride in which the wrangler talked to us the whole time and then cooked us burgers on a handmade fire up in the mountains of the Shoshone National Park. We liked the ride so much, that we even took a 2 hr ride the next day in the rain, through the valley. The horses were gentle yet rugged and dependable. The best part for my husband was when the owner, Ron, loaned him equipment to fish, recommended a spot and my husband caught a dozen fish. This is a truly service oriented business who's goal is to give you your experience of a lifetime. Well Done Bill Cody Ranch!

Room Tip: The Bill Cody Cabin is very spacious!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay while in Cody. We were traveling East from Yellowstone NP. Bill Cody Ranch is a must while in the Cody area. It's a very nice, clean place to stay. The Staff was outstanding. This is a mom and pop business we try and stay at theses types of businesses when we travel. We had dinner and breakfast at the ranch.The food is outstanding. We did a two hour horse back ride in the morning. The Wrangler was great he knew the area and the horses. We can't wait top go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cocoa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Simply put, this ranch was nothing short of spectacular. Friendly staff, a great cabin and a prefect setting. My family and I are from Florida and this was our first visit to the area. Even allowing for a natural "awe" factor of being newcomers, we could not have been happier with our stay at the Bill Cody Ranch. We went out for the 2 hour horse ride and I wish we had done the 4 hour. The horse wranglers were very friendly and answered every question my excited 8 year old could come up with. We actually had the opportunity to see a black bear on the trail. My favorite part of the entire stay by far were the sunrise hikes my son and I took on the ridgelines overlooking the cabin. Trails started just a few hundred yards from our cabin steps and we were hitting trails, that at least for us, were exciting and breathtaking. I highly recommend the Bill Cody Ranch to anyone looking to stay near Yellowstone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cave Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently stayed for 3 nights at the Bill Cody Ranch, (to celebrate my 60th birthday, and to be close to visit Yellowstone National Park)...and it was nothing short of excellent for ANY horseback rider or nature lover! Our room was absolutely spectacular, decorated in full "cowboy" style! VERY friendly staff all around. Dining Room, Front Desk, Wranglers AND horses!! I can't forget the ranch mascot "Maverick"! He is SO friendly, but be prepared to throw his rope when he drops it at your feet! :) The grounds are very well kept and provided for some nice picture taking opportunities...The trail rides we took were very well organized and the horses (AND my mule, Rufus, that I requested) were very well suited to our "body shape" and size :) The rides are great for any level of riders' experience, and the scenery is spectacular! I'm not sure about the people rating this Ranch anything lower than 4 stars minimum, but it was 5 STARS for us! This was our first trip to the Bill Cody Ranch, but it won't be our last! Thanks to everybody for a GREAT 60th birthday!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A peaceful, but slightly out of the way location, though excellent if you want a bit of trail riding in fabulous countryside. Well equipped cabins are in a shady clearing which can feel pleasantly cool on a hot day, but rather cold on a chilly day. It also means that the cabins get little natural light and so can feel a bit dark, almost gloomy, at times. Service by all staff from reception to servers to wranglers is first rate. Restaurant food is OK, but the menu is a bit limited and becomes monotonous after even just a day or two.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawsonville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I found this place because I had two main criteria to be met. 1) close to Yellowstone East entrance and 2) Allow less than 8 year olds on trail rides.

I called and talked to Tonia and the only cabin they had left was 'The westerner' that would work for us. I was worried about when we would or wouldn't make it back to the ranch in time for dinner and such and she suggested we only buy a single day of 'all-inclusive', so I did.

This turned out to be great advice as we missed dinner all but our last night and we only had breakfast there the once also. Both meals were very nice. We got our other all inclusive meal on a day we had them pack us some bag lunches to eat while roaming YNP. More than adequate.

So the 'all-inclusive' thing usually comes with scads of restrictions, not here. When I enquired about how that worked out the nice girl at the counter basically told me they simply comped the 3 most expensive meals. OK, that's simple.

'The Westerner' is a 2br one bath cabin with a porch. The shower is quite nice (keep spinning the handle if you want hotter and stronger pressure, yes, past where it seems to stop the flow). We were able to get on the wifi from the lodge on the porch which made for some nice nights out there talking about the days adventures and uploading pics/videos.

Trail rides.
We did two. The 4 hour with lunch and the 2 hour up the valley from the corral. The 2 hour was nice with lots of creek crossings and lots of shade. If you just want a short and easy ride, this is it. We got saddled <he he he> with some obvious n00bs who couldn't keep their horses out of trouble and moving, so our poor wrangler on this ride had to dismount and help out numerous times.
But the 4-hour ride was phenomenal! I had scouted out where I thought the rides went using google-earth, and I was right about some of it and it was as amazing as it looked like it would be. You get to ride up a nice valley and then along a ridgeline and the views are amazing. The lodge is here 44.456808,-109.551904 and I think we ate lunch about here 44.443095,-109.550879. The 4-hour is a bit more technical, but we are not true horse-folk and no issues. Listen to your wranglers and do as they suggest and you will be fine. Lunch was burgers over an open fire, the wrangler only dropped one and he ate that one. Lacey, the wrangler that brought up the rear on the way up answered all the questions we asked and was most informative and fun. Again, the scenery was simply stunning.

The horses are very well trained and we didn't see any unruly ones, though like all trail ride horses they seem to take advantage of weak-willed riders (and my daughter nicknamed the one in front of her 'Sir toots-a-lot'. They are trained well and can be easily steered with the reins.

The staff.
Well, they were there when you needed them. I wasn't there to be coddled, so I wasn't looking for them all the time, but I never went looking for someone to help and didn't pretty much instantly find someone willing to get what I needed. Need some Ice, no problem. Kids are out of smores makings, no problem. This beers empty, no problem.

We live in Georgia...so honestly the odds of us making it back out there soon are slim. So I am glad we stayed here because nothing went wrong and plenty went right. If you're looking for a nice laidback place to stay, ride horses, see the park, and maybe Cody...this is a good location. I'd book here again in an instant if the opportunity arose.

Room Tip: The Westerner I doubt could handle more than 2 adults and 2 kids.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Canterbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a very nice, quaint little place set back in the woods. Our room was very nice, clean and no TV or Telephone, what a nice break! The staff were very friendly and helpful, the horseback ride through the woods was excellent. The meals at the dining room were very good. Very relaxing and convenient to Yellowstone Park. Would highly recommend this facility and we would stay here again if we ever take another cross country trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bill Cody Ranch? Share your experiences!