“Friendly Skyline!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Cody

You added Rodeway Inn Cody to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Cody
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   1919 17th St, Cody, WY 82414 (Formerly Skyline Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Cody B&B and Inns
Kansas City
“Friendly Skyline!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Spent our last night at Skyline Motel before returning home. Just drove by, looked OK . I was sold by the demeanor of the guy at the desk ( could pass for santa claus!!). He was friendly and helpful, had no problem showing us the room in advance. Motel was very quiet and comfortable, very close to the airport. Continental breakfast average but lady at the counter very pleasant to talk with. Several bikers stayed that night ( I respect bikers anyway) and there was no noise involved. Our room was a the back, and was quiet, very clean, had fun 50's style bathroom, plenty of towels and great beds.

Stayed July 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

My husband and I recently made a trip to the Yellowstone area. We needed a place to stay just one night in Cody, before heading into the park the next day. After searching the internet, it became clear that most lodging in Cody is on the high side for what you get...even the local Super 8 type places were $100 or more. Finally I found the Skyline Motor Inn, which was the cheapest place I could find (hated to spend much money on what would amount to just a few hours sleeping in the room).

The motel was actually better than I expected; very clean. The room was cute in a 1950s sort of way; the bathroom had this old-fashioned tile in it that added to the charm. Both bathroom and bedroom were quite roomy for the two of us. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There's also a free continental breakfast; but we ended up skipping it because we wanted to get on the road. I

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

The only neg I could think of is the smoking arrangement. Had to go outside but that is the way it is with most motels now a days. Very unfair but not much we smokers can do about it.
Everything else was great and would stay there again we we go next year. Very nice people.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

I don't make alot of money but I wanted to take my daughter to Yellowstone. I called almost every hotel in Cody comparing rates as that was my main concern. Skyline was the cheapest so I booked with them over the phone site unseen. I was expecting to arrive at a cheap hotel with drippy faucets, hard beds, and multiple other problems. When I walked in the room it was really quite nice! Everything worked, it was clean and the manager was very nice and helpful. I even woke him up thinking the air conditioner wasn't working only to find out I hadn't pushed the right button! He was still very nice and didn't act like it bothered him at all! We drove accross country from Atlanta and stayed in 7 hotels all together. Skyline was the best! The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because They had no "Do Not Disturb" signs! So I asked specifically for the room to not be disturbed by maids during our stay and that instruction was not followed. Other than that, is was perfect and I highly reccomend it for travelers trying to watch their wallet and still have a bit of class!

Michael

• Liked — Nice Room
  • Disliked — Didn't follow instructions
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Worcester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2007

Very clean and friendly motel. Rooms have been renovated, so all new furniture and fittings. Nothing flashy, but ideal for a night or 2 while looking round Cody.

• Liked — Good value and clean
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2006

My husband and I were traveling with two other couples - checked out several motels in Cody, prices were very high - pulled into Skyline after being told by another motel manager that anything less than $70 would be dump. We were very pleasantly surprised - rates very reasonable. Rooms were very, very clean and manager was extremely helpful and friendly. Would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Liked — clean beds and room
  • Disliked — no problems with anything
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2006

My husband and I have stayed at the Skyline regularlly for a number of years now. Peggy and Roger, the managers, are very friendly, concientious, dedicated people. While the motel is an older one, it is very comfortable and very clean. The premises are quiet and relaxing. There are a couple of fast food places, a drug store and a grocery store all in easy walking distance and there are many nice restaurants a short drive away. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Skyline to friends and relatives, and we will stay there again ourselves.

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Rodeway Inn Cody? Share your experiences!