“bring your reservationmail!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Cody
Brasschaat, Belgium
“bring your reservationmail!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We came in after 6 o'clock and the man at the counter told me the motel was full, they expected us on the day before. I changed my reservation in februari and had a confirmation from the owner with me... Then they tried to find another ( expensive) hotel for us. I told the man that he had to pay for the diffenrance, he disagreed and aftersome discussions and a telephone to the owner there suddenly was a room for us!
I must say, the room was really nice, clean and comfortable.

Bigbearmotel2, Owner at Big Bear Motel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
We take our resos very serious and try to make the best trip for everyone do we ever make a mistake I think you know that answer. We do encourage our guests to arrive before 6:30 pm as the wild life in our area is out in force see ya soon Big Bear Motel Bill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

After exploring Yellowstone all day, I really just wanted to go to sleep! And that is exactly what I got to do. A very nice staff member checked me in, directed me to my room (with it's cute bear decor) and I slept like a baby. Comfortable bed, hot shower, microwave in the room, very reasonable price. Yes, there is even a huge bear out front (fake, of course) to guard visitors (and show them the way to the motel). I had breakfast across the street the next morning at the suggestion of the motel staff, and it was quite good. Right on the freeway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bigbearmotel2, Owner at Big Bear Motel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
We have added more attraction to our place with many photo opts 5 carved baers 2 very large Buffaloes one white the other brown a very large rearing horse come snap a few Bill Big Bear
Marysville, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We chose this motel because there are very few hotels in Cody that take a dog. I was very disappointed. The reviews on TA were so positive that I expected more. I guess the people who did those reviews are used to staying in motels of this type. Everything was very clean, the staff was helpful and friendly but the room was very dated and old feeling. And the guy who took our phone reservation messed up so we didn't get the king bed that we asked for. I have been spoiled by hotels that have more to offer for the same price. And considering that there was just coffee in the morning we must have been mostly paying for the location near Yellowstone.

Room Tip: The motel is right on the hwy but all the rooms should be quiet at night as there won't be anyon...
Bigbearmotel2, Owner at Big Bear Motel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thanks for the review its great to here from our guests, I have a hard time understanding complaints about our rates when there come with a reservation that they booked online we are a seasonal town with a 100 day season, great area to stay when touring yellowstone Bill and Jody Holly owner
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed in the four bedroom modular that is about 6 miles away from the main facility. It was very roomy and nice as my husband and I were staying with three of my husbands relatives who are all single/widowed. My husband and I had our own room and everyone else had their own rooms so that was nice for a good price. It was a quite large, older property on 2 acres, but very clean with 2 nice large bathrooms.
My biggest complaint is that the window coverings were mismatched and very sheer. My 84 year old mother in law needed nap and it was afternoon so it was too sunny and light for her to nap. Also if planning a longer stay the bedrooms are sparsely furnished with no dressers-just basically a bed and bedside table. The living and dining rooms were well furnished very comfortable, and the beds were clean and comfortable. Also there was a satellite TV. We weren't there to watch TV, but after staying in Yellowstone for 3 nights with no TV we had not had a chance to watch any news, sports etc...so it was nice.
The best thing about being out there was the night sky, it was amazing for someone from Florida. I had not been to that area in many years and forgot how beautiful and different it is. We have great beaches but don't get to see the big sky that bright. One other thing was the kitchen did not have any paper towels, or dish towels but that wasn't a big deal for one night. Also would be nice to have some hangers in the closets. Overall I would recommend it for a family and/or group and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bigbearmotel2, Owner at Big Bear Motel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Come to Cody see the gun fight go to the rodeo swim in our big heated pool always working to make our place better. Our future son in law is making a big difference with helping us out Great Job Jake Bill and Jody owner
Oakham, Rutland.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights here during our trip to Wyoming.

The young man in charge was very helpful. He gave us a quiet room on the upstairs floor and advised us not to use the swimming pool as it was full of dust!

The room was clean (nice student cleaner) and we were offered a small fridge after I'd said how surprised I was that no fridge was in the room. The walls were thin and the sounds from both sides could easily be heard. However, with earplugs, we had little problem. There was no facility for breakfast, but we knew this before booking.

I'd class it slightly above "average": nowhere near as nice as most of the other motels we stayed in during our 3 week holiday.

Room Tip: Top floor, well back from the road.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bigbearmotel2, Owner at Big Bear Motel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Hello it was great having join our family for a night, We do have some wind at times although we do keep our heated pool up and running the whole summer for all to enjoy largest one outdoor in Cody Wy with Bear Mural on bottom getting ridin by a cowboy local artist. Thanks Bill Owner
Stuart, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Nothing great about the room , we stayed one night first floor. The door was really hard to open and lock. Smell and flies everywhere in the room. It's just too bad that Cody cowboy village next to this place was fully booked. They have much better review and I don't know why people said this place is good. Maybe the guy gave us worst room. I should mentioned that I read good review from Tripadvisor so I booked here. I mentioned that when we stayed in Jackson Hole, WY and they gave me a very nice room and very good customer services.

Room Tip: Tell the guy that you read good review in tripadvisor, he may give you a better room
Bigbearmotel2, Owner at Big Bear Motel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Hey Thanks for the review its is true that Cody Wy does have a fly season late in the year sept to be exact till the first good frost that includes the hotel motels resturants and the $200.00 a night lodging we do our best to kept it at bay its a shame some times guests leave the doors open visiting there friendly neighbors and dont tell us thanks again Bill Holly Owner Big Bear Motel
Buxton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

After a great 2 nights in Yellowstone we stopped here. A ground floor room, one level so no overhead noise. Wi fi was patchy, but TV , bed and shower were all good. A very effective fridge too! Used great laundry service for $4, ice was free ( re previous comment) except for giant bags! Good coffee in the morning, we slept well with a/ c off and enjoyed our stay thoroughly.

• Stayed September 2013
Bigbearmotel2, Owner at Big Bear Motel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thanks for the review we always enjoy or guests and the feedback as well hope to see ya in the Yellowstone area again soon Bill