“Like Staying with Family” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Multi-night room discount
Ranked #4 of 18 Cody B&B and Inns
New York
“Like Staying with Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

I haven't stayed at many B&B's in my travels, but if they were all like Robins's Nest, I would gladly change that. I didn't get to meet Robin for very long, but Bob was just awesome. The house and rooms were decorated like an antique (not old) home and were both very comfortable. Bob not only cooks a great breakfast, but goes out of his way to make things easy and interesting for you. I wanted to see the Rodeo and Bob could not join me that night, so what did he do? Gave me the keys to his truck! Amazing. Me being from New York, I don't often see that kind of openness, but it was really great.

I won't repeat what the other reviews stated, but I will say that Robins Nest is a 5 Star stay all around.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed at The Robin's Nest for one night on our way through Cody. We did not have a chance to meet Bob, but we did get an opportunity to chat a bit with Robin and she was wonderful, so helpful with local suggestions and advice and just a genuinely nice person. We stayed in The Suite and it was great, bed was comfortable and the porch-like feel was really charming. We slept with the shutters open and the crisp mountain air breezing in. We met the two resident dogs, both friendly chocolate labs....we are dog people so we loved seeing them around and I was urged (by the dog, of course) to play ball upon arrival! Breakfast was awesome, pecan cinnamon pancakes and sausages and fresh fruit. Good coffee. Although we only spent one night, we would definitely visit again in the future. The Robin's Nest is very conveniently located, just a block or two behind the main road so it's private but still just a 5-minute walk to where all of the action is. I would highly recommend The Robin's Nest for your stay in Cody!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Lower Hutt City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

'Robin's Nest' is a great place to use as your base to explore ' Yellowstone Park ' and ' The Chief Joseph hwy ' .Robin and Bob Berry certainly know how to make you welcome. They have extensive knowlege of the surrounding region and can make sure you see more of Yellowstone than most visitors do. Cody is my favourite U.S. destination with it's well known history of the " old West " The Buffalo Bill museum " is a must see along with other interesting attractions like the nightly " Rodeo", before you go take in the ' Gunfight ' outside the Erma hotel. June / July 2005 were the months we travelled to Cody from NewZealand , timed for the many events and shows in early summer. We returned again in july 2007 and two years on are looking forward to another chance to see more of this wonderful area.
Have a great stay at ' Robin's Nest ' Cody Wyoming, ' I know you will ' Gauranteed ! !
John and Julia Hawthorn Wellington NewZealand .

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed here the first two nights in the Yellowstone area. We arrived late about 11 pm from Billings Montana airport. The house was easy to find and Bob was up waiting for us. We stayed in the treehouse suite.

The room is on the top floor of the house along with the other rooms. The bed is on a porch with window on 3 sides. There is a sink, toilet, and shower as well as an antique vanity and sitting area.

The breakfast was excellent and company was great.

Also, we did the driving tour of Yellowstone with Bob. He is extremely knowledgable about the park especially the history. He provided a picnic lunch and was able to answer all of our questions. That night Bob also made reservations for us at a downtown Cody restaurant which saved us waiting in line.

Overall it was a great stay and we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

This is a difficult review. The owners of this B & B try very hard to please and in many ways they succeed. The place is very homey, in an excellent location (easy walking distance to many restaurants and shops), and the breakfasts are very good. There are two friendly chocolate labs in residence who are available for petting and ball tossing. The bed was comfortable and the cookies provided daily (except when forgotten) are a nice touch.

Unfortunately there are also a number of areas in which Robin's Nest comes up short. Whether or not these are important enough to you to be deal breakers you will have to decide. The issues of concern were:

Beds were not made every day;
Used glasses were not replaced daily;
Towels were not replaced even if left on the floor;
Floors in the rooms were not vacuumed daily;
Although there were a lot of interesting decorative items in The Suite (see photos), they had obviously not been dusted for some time;
No hair dryer in the room (although one is probably available on request);
No hand lotion provided (certainly not a necessity but a nice touch);
No opaque curtains in the Southwestern room on the front of the house (only sheers) and only half curtains in the Suite;
No way to lock the room when going out (there is a deadbolt to lock the room from the inside);
The house itself is not locked even when the owners are out;
Owners use the living room (which has the only TV except for the Old Faithful room) as their own which makes it awkward for guests who might want to watch something on TV different from that the hosts are watching, or read in solitude
Owners sometimes ate meals sitting on the sofa while watching TV in the living room;
Owner said grace each morning before breakfast which might be offensive to some and welcomed by others.

This is not the place to stay if you are bothered by overly-familiar innkeepers. You are treated like family immediately which some may like and some may find off-putting. Robin is very talkative and, in her efforts to be friendly and helpful may at times seem intrusive to some. Cody is a small town and Robin and Bob are small town friendly.

To end on a positive note: on the last morning we had a very early morning flight to catch and, since we were going to miss breakfast at the B & B, Robin and Bob went with us to the airport and bought our breakfast there. This was a first for us and shows that they truly care about their guests.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Newnan, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

Robin's Nest was the best Bed and Breakfast we have ever stayed at!! Bob and Robin are so friendly and helpful. We were picked up at the airport by Robin, a very sweet person. Bob and Robin shared so much knowledge and great stories of Yellowstone and Cody. We enjoyed the musuem , Old Faithful and great hiking. The room was spacious and cozy. The breakfast and company were so wonderful! Bob gave a great tour and told wonderful stories we will never forget. My kids learned so much and had such a great time, they already told us they want to come back to Robin's Nest Bed & Breakfast next year. I woud highly reccomend Robin's Nest to everyone!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

I have stayed at many B&B's around the world and this one is one of my favorites. The food was excellent and they served much better food than most bnb's do. It is actually a hot meal with a good variety each morning. They are very prompt and on time with breakfast and the tours. We did go on the tour with Bob and it was great! I wouldn't have changed a thing. He is so knowledgeable about the park and knows where everything is and where all the cool animals hang out. I got so many more fantastic pictures with his tour than I would have gotten on my own. Plus I didn't have to drive or know where to go. He finds out for you when the geysers are going off and which one's are active so you don't waste your time driving to one's that are not active. I loved it. Can't wait to go back and see more of the park and stay longer. I highly recommend this bnb. Loved the little town in Cody. The shoot out and the ghost town and the rodeo. This is a great trip for kids.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Robin's Nest Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!