“I'm writing about the rodeo and not the stampede!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Performances
Attraction Details
Salisbury
48 attraction reviews
“I'm writing about the rodeo and not the stampede!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Located 2 miles west on US 14/16/20 from Cody, the rodeo is a way for you to enjoy a part of the REAL West! There are seven main events: bareback riding, tide down roping, team roping, bull riding, steer wrestling, saddle bronc riding and barrel racing.....and cowboys take these events seriously. The stadium holds 6,000 people. I recommend you sit on the side near the livestock pens so the sun won't be in your face and also those seats have backs to them! The clown involves children up to age 12 and they are so cute; we laughed so hard and enjoyed it so much. We also love the serious part of the rodeo and an 11-year old girl won the barrel racing event; I'm telling you she and her horse were like one going into the wind. The Stampede is the same thing, but held on the Fourth of July weekend. Go! Enjoy!

5 attraction reviews
“Best part of our Wyoming trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I took my 8 and 10 year old daughters to Cody after four days in the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. We went our first night in Cody! It was a fantastic production! From beginning to end. It was a great piece of Americana. My girls loved it. You have to get there early to sit in the "Buzzard's Roost"... Right above the chutes. Great family fun! We will go back the next time we are in Cody.

West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
“Our 1st Rodeo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to the "Rodeo captial of the world", at least according to the signs :-). As far as we were concerned it should be. We had a blast. Great value and family friendly.

Virden, Illinois
“Family fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My first visit to a rodeo, and I had a great time. Some of the cowboys stayed after to sign posters for the kids! There is fun for all here!!

Louisville, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
“Fun time, very much worth going to”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to the Cody Night Rodeo during our stay in Cody. Price is right for the show you get. The rodeo went on for about 2 hours. They have bucking broncos, bull riding, barrel racing, and a lot more. The commentators were very entertaining. Had a fun activity for the kids in the arena- brought them all down and had them try to get ribbons off of calf tails. Can sit on a bull for $10 - which I totally did! Not just for the kids :-) The only drawl back to this place is that it is very open and subject to the winds. The night that we went unusually very windy. I would advise bring a jacket or a blanket with you just in case.