“Nothing Special but Clean and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Cody
Barto, Pennsylvania
“Nothing Special but Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here for two nights and I would stay here again. It was a typical Super 8 and was nothing special BUT...it was reasonably priced and it was clean and the staff was very friendly. In fact, we were only supposed to stay one night and decided to stay a second night because of questionable weather moving into the area. The front desk staff was VERY friendly and set us up with our room for a second night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your recent stay at the Cody Super 8. Your comments reflect the wonderful hospitality that our staff is famous for. The staff here genuinely appreciates that their efforts are noticed, and appreciated. I will personally forward your comments to our staff and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Cody Super 8.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Easton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

First let me state that this hotel is in Cody, Wy- the gateway to Yellowstone so keep in mind the entire area is a bit of a tourist trap. Everything in Cody, including hotels are a lot more than you would pay elsewhere because of the Yellowstone traffic. Now with that said, here we go:

We (my family, including kids) stayed one night at the Super 8 in Cody in route to Yellowstone and across country to CA. It was rather expensive for what you got- an old, outdated, well worn hotel room.

The good: The room was very clean and was a nice size for my family to share. The breakfast served in the am was fine, normal hotel breakfast fare. The location is also great with plenty of places to eat, shops, things to do and of course its proximity to Yellowstone.

The bad: the hotel is old and is in desperate need of updating. The floor creaked badly, the bathtub/ fixtures were chipped and the room had a musty smell near the bed. So the bottom line is- no, I would not stay here again but if you are looking for a clean place to sleep for one night as you are passing through the area, you might want to give it a shot. Once again, I wouldn't though.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. While I was disappointed that your stay was not as enjoyable as it could have been, I do appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas and will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. We strive to provide clean rooms, friendly service and a great breakfast so I am glad we delivered on that. I have brought your other concerns to my staff and I hope you will come back and give us another try. We would like to retain your business.
Aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed at the Super 8 for a few days. We were impressed by how clean and comfortable the room was and all the choices at breakfast. We sat outside and had a great view of mountains for breakfast. We were most impressed with Heather at the front desk. She was so kind and helpful. A real treat to meet someone so genuine. Keep up the good work Super 8! Thanks again Heather,we did enjoy the rodeo and museum. See you next year!

• Stayed July 2014
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments reflect the wonderful hospitality that our staff is famous for and I couldn't be happier that their efforts are being recognized. Thank you for pointing out our SuperStart Breakfast and the wonderful view of the mountains but most of all Thank you for choosing us among the many choices in Cody. We appreciate your business. Hope to see you again.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Before I start my review, let me give you a useful heads-up.
Cody is a gateway to Yellowstone so be prepared for crowds of people in the summer. If you want a place to stay, book early.

We got a clear message about the quality of their staff when we walked in the door. One of the desk clerks greeted my wife and was telling her about our room on the second floor when I came up the stairs and into the entry. The clerk took one look at my cane and immediately suggested changing things. She moved us down to the first floor. That’s the kind of customer service that is rare these days. And it requires skilled people on the desk that have an excellent sense of the booking dynamics of their building and the needs of their customers. These folks get high marks.

The motel was built in the pre-electronics days, which means that all of the outlets in the room are hidden behind the furniture. This can be a challenge unless you bring a versatile power strip on your travels. This, along with my having to use a cane, would be a deal breaker for us in other motels but we still stay here because it is so conveniently located.

Visualize the letter ‘L’ on its side to one leg goes west into Yellowstone and the other leg heads north into town. To the west there is a Walmart that has a grocery – you can stock up for the park and you can get the fixings for a supper in your room. To the north is the Buffalo Bill Museum (a must see), and two blocks east of the museum is an excellent Chinese Buffet. And at the intersection of both legs is a Pizza Hut right across the parking lot from the Super 8. That suits our needs perfectly. To us it is a great location and we hope they can keep going in that location. The problem is that up-scale motels are moving in and will probably take over much of the strip some day. Nuff said, we like the location.

Going back to the motel itself, the place has been around for a long time and is very well maintained. The only problem that really crops up is that it was built before the idea of serving breakfast ever came up. Their breakfast area is very small and they can only offer a minimum breakfast. This too would be a deal breaker for us but we deal with it because we want the location.

Part of the evaluation process is to look at whether a pool or fitness area is provided. The answer is no. When we travel we’re usually on vacation and too tired from driving to use a pool or fitness center as a destination. A good staff means more to us than a good pool.

Room Tip: Surprisingly quiet for being on a main highway.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. While we welcome all guest feedback, we are particularly pleased to hear from such a seasoned traveler as yourself. As we pride ourselves on service, it's nice to hear of your particular experiences with the staff. Feedback is our best opportunity to hear the voice of the customer, and to learn the areas in which we can improve our service. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed report about us. We hope to see you again in the future.
kansas city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here just one night on a long cross county trip. The gal working the front desk was very nice and helped us make dinner plans for the evening. There was a slight odor in the room, but it was clean. The breakfast was pretty skimpy. This is an older hotel that is probably being cared for as good as they can. It's not up to what we'd like, but the cost for rooms in this tourist town pushed us here. Overall, not bad for one night.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for choosing our hotel during your trip. Our staff strives to provide the best service possible and we are honored that you recognized this. We welcome you back anytime.
West River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

What a surprise when we arrived at the Cody, WY Super 8 hotel. We found the staff very helpful and going out of the way for us. Monique was a gem and she could work for me any time. Her first concern was us, just like no one else existed. Our room was clean and odor free. We found through the night there wasn't any noise. We were given a courtesy that I don't think has ever been offered to us before. It made me realizes there are good people out there and they love their job. Time to pay it forward!
Breakfast was good to get us through to lunch. Some of the information given to us as we talked with Monique actually encouraged us to stay in the morning for several hours to go through the Buffalo Bill Cody museum. Take the time to see this place.......marvelous!

Room Tip: When you arrive to ask about room rates make sure you are overly nice to the front desk and you will...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you very much for your extremely kind words about the hotel. It sounds like you a great stay with us that was made even more special by your interactions with the staff. I'm thrilled to hear of the the personal touches our staff was able to provide and that it made you feel so special. As we pride ourselves on service and cleanliness we try to give every guest that same treatment. Thank you so much for letting us know that we did it right.
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights. Had made prior reservations otherwise would not have stayed. Old and run down. Breakfast area super small with hardly any choices. Only hot things were the waffles and toast.
Back security door was disabled, you just walked right in. When I brought this to a staff persons attention he told me it was because they had plenty of cameras that he watched at night.(He said he knew who all the registered guests were). Then he confided that the majority of travelers were too dense to use key cards and were constantly ringing a bell because they could not access the door. Believe me, I am not making this up.
Topping it off, it is overpriced for the condition it's in and what it offers.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. While I was disappointed that your stay was not as enjoyable as it could have been, I do appreciate the feedback. I can assure you our back entrance is secure. Since it is our handicapp entrance the door remains unlocked until 11 pm. Then the door automatically locks. After that time guests must use a key or press the intercom to be let in. I have personally checked this lock and it is in working order. I apologize for any comments the desk person may have made, This is NOT typical behavior for our front desk and I will investigate this thoroughly. . I wish that I was made aware of the situation while you were on site so that I could have taken steps to address all issues. We hope you join us again to see how your comments help us improve. I thank you for choosing the Cody Super 8.