“great value at Cody” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 25 hotels in Cody
Newtown, Powys, UK
“great value at Cody”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed one night here as we were heading to Yellowstone. Very comfortable, clean rooms. Staff were also helpful. A complimentary coffee machine was near the lobby and available 24 hours. Breakfast was fine- cereals, yoghurts etc. More than enough to set you up for the day. Great location too, as someone else has pointed out-just off the interstate. good value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you are pointing out the great amenities the Cody Super 8 has to offer, certainly a value that is hard to find anywhere else. My team is very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel.
We’re glad you took the time to pay attention to the small details of our property including our rooms, complimentary breakfast, and convenient location. So glad you stayed with us during your travels! Thank you again for all your GREAT comments

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Without a doubt, the best customer service I have ever received during my travels. Excellent sleep, clean room, many places to eat nearby with great suggestions from the hotel employee, room was very clean and quiet. Easy on/off Interstate access and all at a very fair price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Many thanks for the great review of our hotel! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers. Our staff strives to provide the best service possible and we are honored that you recognized this. We welcome you back anytime
Billings, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is affordable during the off season. That being said, they have an awful approach to housekeeping. I found at least 100+ dead flies in the window frame when I opened the window for some fresh air to compensate for the horrific "carpet cleaner" smell that permeated the room. Also, there was no "do not disturb" sign available and, accordingly, I was greeted very early (8:00 am) by housekeeping personnel, eager to do their job. When I complained about the early wake up, the front desk clerk just laughed it off. Finally, the "free" continental breakfast was so limited in selections that I could not find anything healthy to eat (no protein).

Room Tip: Use this facility only if price is your major objective during the off season. Everything else stin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Let me begin by saying it is very upsetting to hear your stay was not enjoyable. We sincerely strive to create a special experience for all of our Guests. I appreciate the fact that our guests take time to remark about our service and our property even when their experience isn't to their satisfaction.
I'm sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. We appreciate your comments and we will be sure to address the housekeeping issues.
SACRAMENTO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

latch on door falling off
night staff un friendly
breakfast always late,felt like we were putting him out,other staff was very friendly and helping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I wish I would have been able to talk to you before you left as we always want to make sure our guests enjoy their stay, or we will make it right. I was a little surprised to see your comments as we strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests. I am deeply sorry that you didn't experience the same great service that most others have come to enjoy.I am sharing your review with my staff as I think this a great training tool to better ourselves and see the hotel from the guests perspective. Thank you again for your comments, because with out them, we can not improve.
Putnam, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We visit this area every few years, but we never stay in Cody because the summer rates are insane. But on our visit in August 2012 we had hotel points to burn, so we grabbed a free night at the Super 8. I don't have great expectations for this chain, but the Cody property was really quite nice, with Western decor throughout. The room was modern, spacious and clean. The wi-fi worked perfectly. Lobby has 24-hour coffee. There's a Pizza Hut right next door, and since we got in late from Yellowstone, take-out was the perfect in-room dinner. Breakfast was meh, but so are most hotel breakfasts. We probably would not have stayed without the free night, but we were very happy with the place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you so much for writing this excellent review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of the Wyndham Reward points and get a free night stay. That is a great program. Please join us again when your travels bring you back to Cody

Been to Super 8 Cody? Share your experiences!