“Comfortable, welcoming, and affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Budget Host Inn Cody
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1807 Sheridan Avenue, Cody, WY 82414-3899   |
Ranked #9 of 25 hotels in Cody
Lincoln MA
“Comfortable, welcoming, and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I found the Budget Host motel in Cody, Wyoming, while searching online for a good and affordable place to stay for a week-long "road trip" in the Cody-Yellowstone WY / Red Lodge MT area. Owners Brenda and Mark are friendly and knowledgeable. They made several helpful recommendations as to sightseeing, local landmarks, and fine restaurants. The motel itself, as indicated by other reviews here, is within walking distance of much of downtown Cody, and is easily accessible to major routes heading toward attractions such as Yellowstone National Park and the Chief Joseph and Bear Tooth scenic byways. Further, those who, like myself, enjoy driving the open road, may travel to nearby Montana for more of that western scenery on routes 120 and 308, equally accessible -- yeee-hah!

The Budget Host in Cody, WY, offers clean and comfortable rooms (at a very reasonable price for this major tourist area), complete with flat screen TV, small refrigerator, and bath.
Recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed for only one night before we entered Yellowstone National Park and were extremely pleased with the cleanliness, and the attractive furnishings of our room. A clean laundry with ironing board and iron is on the premises. Brenda was full of good information on where we would find the most scenic areas. Unfortunately I had forgotten some of my washed clothing items in the closet when we left. Brenda emailed us about this and since we were already in Jackson, WY and did not have time to return to Cody, she said that she would send the items to us at my son's home near Phoenix. I must say that our experience did live up to many of the other comments that I read about the Budget Host on Tripadvisor.
FP

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mill Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Clean, comfortable, cozy, convenient. My wife and I spent 2 weeks travelling across the West and had just had two terrible hotel experiences before arriving in Cody. Budget Host Inn was a great relief to our tired souls. Our simple room met my wife's strict cleanliness test and we slept soundly. We liked parking our car 5 feet from the door to our room for security sake. Barbara was friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Easy 5 minute walk to restaurants and shopping. We hope to come back sometime.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bolishous, Manager at Budget Host Inn Cody, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your compliments!
portland, oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed 3 nights at the motel. It was nice for the money. Located next to the main drag where most of the highly rated restaurants are located, close gas station and drug store. It's also easy to get to Yellowstone or other destinations from there.

Brenda and husband are friendly, as are the help.

A bunch of motorcyclists were there when I arrived. I was concerned that they'd wake me up in the morning with their engines, but I didn't hear a thing and they were gone when I went outside. Stay here if you plan on sightseeing all day. I will stay there the next time I'm in Cody.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your compliments. We love being within walking distance to all the best restaurants, shops and live music in town!
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed 2 separate nights over labor day weekend, both times rooms were clean and the owner was very helpful. Had good dinner and breakfast thanks to recommendations from them and also on the second day my group had a late check in, and she prepared our room ( turned on the lights and AC) so when we arrived everything was ready. Refrigerator, coffee maker and flat screen TV was nice although we didn't use them much. Wifi was good at rooms in the back. Overall a pleasant stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Baker City, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Budget Host Inn in Cody, WY. The room had everything we needed, including a refrigerator! All employees were pleasant and extremely helpful. Felt like a home away from home.

Room Tip: No pool nor restaurant, but many in the immediate area.
Red Deer, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel was a huge disappointment. We were given a room right along the front street. When we expressed concern about road noise, we were informed "It won't be a problem. No one has ever complained about that before." OK, call this complaint #1. The road gets busy quite early in the morning and there was a lot of traffic noise which it was impossible to sleep through.

The walls are very thin. The gentleman in the next room to us had a telephone conversation (unfortunately at 4:00 a.m.) and we could hear not only his voice very clearly, but also the voice of the woman he was conversing with.

The Budget Host website
indicates that this property has a continental breakfast, which it does not. When I asked a front desk staff person where the breakfast was served, he said there isn't breakfast. When I said the website says there is, he said "Not at this property."

Check-out time is 10:00 a.m., which we consider to be too early, especially in light of the fact that you need to leave the motel for breakfast. On this trip we've stayed in 10 hotels over the past couple of weeks and this is the only one that has a check-out earlier than 11:00 a.m.

Lastly, we felt that the owners/proprietors have superior and condescending attitudes. We won't be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bolishous, Manager at Budget Host Inn Cody, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your rating on our cleanliness. It's first on our list! A suggestion for light sleepers is to travel with ear plugs. Usually, the first guest to wake up has the loudest motorcycle or diesel truck, not the people going to work. As for your neighbor disturbing your sleep, you could have approached management as I live on the property. I have contacted corporate regarding the website issue as we have not served a continental breakfast in over 10 years. I have no control over what is posted on that site. What is under our control states that we are 100% NON Smoking, No Pets and No Continental Breakfast. I like to share our business with my fellow business owners in town that can offer more than cereal and fruit. I offered you your money back so you could find a property that does provide breakfast and you didn't want to do that (most likely because those properties are more expensive).

Been to Budget Host Inn Cody? Share your experiences!