“We'll be back! (fingers crossed)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of A Western Rose Motel

You added A Western Rose Motel to your Saves list
A Western Rose Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1807 Sheridan Avenue, Cody, WY 82414-3899 (Formerly Budget Host Inn Cody)   |
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Cody
Barcelona, Spain
“We'll be back! (fingers crossed)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

When I travel with my mother, I always make sure that we stay in clean and good places and this motel is an example. To be honest, let me just mention that when we arrived and checked-in that afternoon, we surprisingly found out that our room had not been cleaned yet. So I went back to the motel’s office and when I told Brenda what happened, she felt obviously really sorry and embarrassed. So she grabbed Mark quickly and they two cleaned our room thoroughly. Then, as Mark said when they finished, we could now be sure that sheets were clean :-)

To my mother and I this was a very small incident which didn’t make us doubt at all when we decided to stay a third night in Cody (we had booked 2 nights originally). And this is so because although this motel isn’t the fanciest in town, it’s pleasant enough (we found that its location is superb, because it is on the main avenue –Sheridan Av.- but in its quieter side), rooms are clean and spacious enough (I’m attaching some pictures), beds are comfortable and Mark and Brenda are very nice and very helpful. They gave us a lot of directions and ideas about what to see, Mark even lent us his binoculars when we went to spend the day in Yellowstone, and Brenda was printing out everyday the weather forecast for the next day.

So it is true that they do not offer breakfast (we went to a good place called Peter’s), that there is no guest computer, that walls between rooms are somehow thin, or that there is no pool but they do offer comfortable rooms at a very intersting price and a very friendly service (it was nice to get back to the motel in the evening, f. ex., and chat with Mark about what we had seen, what we still could visit and many other topics). That’s why I’ll stay again at this motel if I ever come back to Cody (fingers crossed).

Room Tip: Do not choose rooms 113 and 114 because they are close to the laundry room where there is also an ic...
, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for your kind words, compliments and suggestions. We'll keep our fingers crossed that we see you again too!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Taylors
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

As we were on the way back home to South Carolina from driving to Alaska to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary, we spen two nights at Budget Host Inn in Cody. It is very reasonably priced and clean. This is the only time on our 40 day trip we stayed 2 nights in a row in the same place. Mark, the owner, and Brenda, the manager were very helpful in giving us advice about which way to get to Little Big Horn and other things we asked them about. They make people feel at home. Stay there!!

, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you Stu! It's nice to hear you & Mrs arrived home safely. Wish we could've chatted a little longer. Let us know if you're headed to the Keys this winter, just email us.
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I happened upon this hotel via the tripadvisor reviews. When I found prices so high in the Cody area I was pleased to find a lower rate with good reviews. I enjoy staying in small old style motels when possible. The first impressions made on my husband at check-in were great. Brenda and Mark were very helpful with our Yellowstone plans.

We were going to camp in Yellowstone the next few nights, but changed plans due to the predicted low of 28 degress vs the 40s that we planned for. Brenda let us know that our room was available for another night. We decided to make sure we got a good nights sleep first before deciding, but all was well and we stayed. The decor is definately outdated, but that did not bother me. The towels are thin, but I would rather have thin towels and a good rate that otherwise. I had an issue with the shower curtain, but I told Brenda and it was taken care of.

The hospitaly makes this motel. From recommendations for dining to general conversation, Mark and Brenda are there. If you want fancy and want to pay more than this is not the place for you. If you want a good value and old school charm, give the Budget Host Inn a try!

, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thank you for your compliments, you've made our day!
We all work very hard to make your stay with us and visit to the area as comfortable, quiet, clean and affordable as possible.
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

It was fine for a quick stop on the road to visit Yellowstone. The hotel is old but improvements are being done. The paint was fresh, the rooms clean, and the beds comfortable. However, some of the fixtures give the appearance of being unclean. I used Clorox wipes when my son objected to these and they came away clean!

The owner was friendly and gave great suggestions for the viewing the area!

, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for your compliment. Point taken and being worked on as we speak!
silvis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at the Budget Host 6/22/12 and found it to be one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed in. The room was furnished with 1950's furniture, the bed sat about 10 inches off the floor, the bed sheets were thread bare, there was no hair blower, there was a layer of dirt on the window sill, and the wall air conditioner was so loud you couldn't hear the T V. Shortly after we checked in, my wife noticed a dirty towel in the closet. When she took it to the office the front desk clerk seemed very nonchalant and didn't even bother to apologize. If you're in Cody spend a few more dollars and stay at a decent hotel. I don't normally write reviews, but this hotel was so bad I felt compelled to write one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Hi everybody. My husband and I returned from our long 12 days tour lastly on June 12, 2012. The last three days was a piece of cake. We drove through out Arizona starting from Sedona, Grand canyon, Page City (Lake Powell-we took the cruise ride to Rainbow Bridge, every penny worth it !), Antelope Canyon and Horse-Shoe-Bend. Then we went to Mesa-Verde, Colorado to see the ancient cliff dwellings, it was great !
But the last part of the trip was the best. We flew to Cody, Wyoming. It’s a small town situated east of Yellowstone National Park. We reached there at night by the last flight to Cody at 8.30 pm and decided not to drive anymore & take a guided tour. I think that was the best decision we made that time as we were both very tired of driving and camping. We booked Budget Host Inn Cody hotel earlier and they had a free pick up & drop off service from the airport so we called the hotel & Mark came to pick up from the airport. While talking to him we get to know that he is the owner of the hotel and Brenda is the Manager. We were greeted very well at the hotel and Brenda asked for our plans. Since we had only 2 & half day to visit the Yellowstone so Brenda called some tour company to fix our tour. But all those tour company are overpriced just to show the upper & lower loop !!! Then Mark & Brenda gave us the offer to show the most beautiful part of Yellowstone including both the loops, that too in a reasonable price !!! We were really thrilled. Mark told us of the most beautiful part of Yellowstone -- "The Chief Joseph Hwy" it’s a north-east road that will take you to Montana State & from there you can enter Yellowstone from North Entrance via Cookie City -- it’s the most scenic road near Yellowstone !!! You must visit it.
That night we were very tired and soon fall asleep. The hotel has very neat & clean and good sized rooms, clean bath, though I missed a microwave oven :-)
Next morning we started our Journey at 7.30am with a heavy breakfast. Mark was driving and we enjoyed the beauty of the east entrance to Yellowstone. First we headed to Chief Joseph Hwy. Here you can see the snowcapped mountains, the highest peak in this area is a mountain that looks like Matterhorn of Alps (it was spectacular). We moved further towards Bear-tooth mountain. But after few miles the road was closed due to heavy snow. There are many lakes in the area and it's worth seeing. I'll strongly recommend everyone to drive through this route. It’s the most beautiful drive to the Yellowstone but unfortunately most of the tourist company won't take you there (no idea why). Then in the afternoon we went to Cookie-city & had our lunch with Mark. It’s a very small but pretty city. Restaurants are good, clean and the food taste great as well. And finally we were on our way to Yellowstone from the north entrance. I think it’s the most beautiful entrance between the snowcapped mountains, water-falls and so on. That day we covered the Upper-Loop and then back to hotel via east entrance. East entrance has the most spectacular rock-formations and mountains, many road-tunnels and the vast Yellowstone lake (more like an ocean)! We reached hotel at 9.30pm.
Next morning we started again at 7.30 am in the morning with packed breakfast to the Yellowstone lower-loop via east entrance. I don't think I need to tell you about Yellowstone park and its wild-life so I'm not mentioning anything here. We all know it ! It was another spectacular day but it was snowing in the morning but Mark took us to show each and every spots, water falls, wild-life, we spotted many bison, black bear, grizzly with cubs, wolfs, bald-eagle, moose, dears and so on. If anyone interested to see the few glimpse of our tour then please see the link of Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.460214037323455.109176.100000045872856&type=3&l=6f9012c3c0
The last day we decided to visit the Buffalo Bill Historical Museum in Cody. Mark gave us an offer to show the nearby caves on Cedar Mountain in Cody. We took the offer and went to see the caves. You can drive near the top of the mountain and can see the whole city. It was a great view. This mountain has many caves and Mark took us for a short hike to the caves. Since we had to catch our evening flight back to home so next we went to see the Museum. The Museum is really good and has the largest collection of guns ! Well there are many other things too. I will suggest all of you to visit the museum. (Con of the museum is that they charge $16 entry fee).
Oh so do I need to say anything more about Budget Host Inn Cody and about our stay ???
It was spectacular, very welcoming, reasonable priced, very good clean rooms, good service, very friendly people, good location and most important is we found someone who loves mountains and nature equally as we do -- Mark & Brenda ! We were very satisfied with our stay and hope we'll soon go back there for another journey in the summers next year !
Me and my husband loved the place and we have returned home with lots of unforgettable memories and 1000s of pictures.
I recommend everyone to stay at Budget Host Inn Cody and drive to the Chief Joseph Hwy and the Bear-tooth Mountain !!!

And remember if you have short of time then you can always ask Mark to take you to the spectacular drive in the Mountains of Yellowstone !

Thank you for reading this long review. Honestly, it worth every penny !!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I was a solo traveler, and just staying the night. I wanted a clean, safe, and quiet place to stay. All of those things were met- but what went above and beyond my expectations was the customer service that was provided to me. I was made to feel like one of the family- was gladly picked up at the airport and given more hospitality than I dreamed possible in a 24 hour stay. THANK YOU again- I look froward to writing up more in a review on my blog.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you Farrah, I hope you "Shared" the picture I took of you with "The Dude".
Sharing in your happiness made our day. It's nice to see someone actually does win trips they enter for. I look forward to following your blog.

Been to A Western Rose Motel? Share your experiences!