“Service was okay...food mediocre..better choices in town.” 3 of 5 stars

1651 8th Street, Cody, WY
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sunset House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 72 Restaurants in Cody
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Surprised this one is not in here, it's great!
Georgia
“Service was okay...food mediocre..better choices in town.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Liked location next to hotel but wouldn't care to dine there again. Disliked waitress not paying attention to my dietary request as I am gluten intolerant. Didn't keep glasses full and didn't give good service.

Visited July 2013

Crossville, Tennessee
“Where the locals go????”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just average. I was told this is where the locals go. The waitress (Erin) was great, but the green beans weren't even still warm.

Visited July 2013
Mansfield, TX
“Good Value Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We ate here twice while in Cody. Food was reasonably priced for a tourist town and the service was good. The place was relatively quiet for a family restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Billings, Montana
“HORRIBLE.......Sunset House is BAD!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The only reason I am giving this place one circle is the server was very nice. The wait was way too long, then they gave our table away, then the food took 1 hour to get to us, then it was cold, then the manager didn't even come speak with us when we complained(which we never do)......the poor Server was trying, but had no support staff. Horrible, overpriced, cold food........also our child's chicken had a HAIR on it!!!! And not very clean.....will NEVER GO BACK and do not recommend!!!!!! YUCK!!! Should have gone to Wendys!!!!!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cody, Wyoming
“Would not come back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stopped in Cody with my boyfriend and his mother for the night on our way to Yellowstone. We decided to eat at Sunset House because it was closest to our hotel. When we got there, the hostess took about 7 minutes to seat us even though there was no one ahead of us. After seating us, we didn't see our waitress for about another 10 minutes. Once she brought us our drinks and left, I realized that I didn't have a straw. After about another 10 minutes of waiting for her, I saw the hostess seat another large party next to us and decided to ask her for a straw. After waiting about another 10 minutes, I decided to ask another employee for a straw who was cleaning tables. She went right away to get it and came back and dropped it on our table without saying a word. Needless to say, the hostess never came back with a straw. So finally, our waitress comes to take our food order and doesn't return for about another hour with our food. While eating, I felt a bit awkward because when I looked around, no one else in the entire dining room had their food. However, the food was pretty good, but a bit pricey. So, to sum it up, I would never go back after the service we received. A good manager would offer complimentary dessert or a discount on the order. And we certainly weren't the only ones upset about the service. I would recommend asking the staff how long you're expected to wait before you receive your food.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Sunset House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sunset House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.