“A wonderful experience, well worth considering.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of K Bar Z Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cody
K Bar Z Guest Ranch
You added K Bar Z Guest Ranch to your Saves list
3477 Crandall Road, Cody, WY 82414   |
Ranked #14 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Cody
Wall, South Dakota
“A wonderful experience, well worth considering.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the K Bar Z for four nights from June 7 through June 10, 2011. The ranch was everything we hoped for. The accommodations were simple, but comfortable. We took all our meals at the ranch and found them delicious and healthy. The staff, three generations of the owner’s family, was helpful and friendly. We had a wonderful trail ride through the mountains. If you want outstanding scenery, friendly capable hosts, and a peaceful spot, this ranch 50 miles west of Cody Wyoming along the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway is definitely worth your consideration. The base cost, without guided trips, was better value than mid priced inns.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I picked this place to stay for 3 days in June 2010 from good reviews. It exceeded our expectations. It was easy to find, not far off the Chief Joseph highway. The owners, Eliott and MaryAnn were so friendly that by the time we had to say goodby, it was like leaving family members. Their children and grandchildren help run the business. Wish we would have stayed longer in this very beautiful and quiet part of Wyoming. The meals were home cooked and great. Our cabin was perfect. Roomy, fireplace, had a nice closet and bathroom with a shower. One day we visited the Sunlight Basin, which is not far away. Be sure to get directions to the gravel road that takes you back to the wild part of the area. We saw moose & elk. And cattle that were being trailed to a different grazing gound. There were grizzly bears in the area - but we didn't get a chance to see them. They have beautiful horses that you can ride in the beautiful mountains. My husband would love to come back in the fall and do some hunting. They have guides that will take you to the best places. After we left we continued on our journey to the northeast entrance to Yellowstone. It was not far - so if you are planning a trip to Yellowstone, consider staying here also. To get here we came from Red Lodge via the Beartooth Highway.

We were on the road for 3 weeks, and this part of our trip was the best. We cannot wait to return.

check them out on their web site: http://agonline.com/kbarz/

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

It seems a little careworn but it is perfect for exploring yellowstone and the dinner was very delicious and family style. I didn't get a chance to ride the horses but they looked nice. Falling asleep in front of my fire in my cabin was great. It was only like $99 plus $18 for dinner and right between Cody and Cooke City. In the most beautiful remote location, no joke.

• Stayed August 2010
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed at the K Bar Z with a friend in June and we both absolutely loved it! In general, we prefer to stay in remote off-the-beaten-track places and K Bar Z certainly fit the bill. I'm giving it 5 stars for location because of its remoteness and since it was close to the NW entrance of Yellowstone park--the prime area of the park for wildlife sightings--although other people may find the ranch's remote location inconvenient. The cabin was adorable with fireplace, en suite bathroom, and bunk beds for four people. The sunset view from the front porch was spectacular.

The staff is friendly, helpful, and honest, and breakfast is out of this world! Best french toast and bacon I have ever had. The outdoor activities are abundant.

I would certainly return to K Bar Z next time I'm in the Yellowstone/Cody area!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

My three 19 year old friends and I went to the K Bar Z Guest Ranch last summer and had a wonderful time! It's in a beautiful location along a mountain pass. They have so many gorgeous horses there that you can ride for an additional price (but I would recommend!) The trails are beautiful along the mountain and the horses are well tamed. The people there are so incredibly friendly and will make sure you have what you need. The cabins were as cute as ever, comfortable and quiet! We had a blast at the ranch and I would definitely recommend paying a visit!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Been to K Bar Z Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!