“Very Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Cody
Houston, TX
“Very Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed here on the Sunday we arrived in Wyoming, and, the Thursday night before we flew out. Both times, the experience was a positive one. This place is clean and quiet, and the beds are comfortable. We chose to return our rental car the night before, as our flight was at 6AM the next day. The hotel was very accommodating, and had the shuttle at the airport before we arrived, waiting to take us back for the night. All staff was friendly at all times, and the restaurant was good as well. We will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Have no complaints about the service or room. As a Holiday Inn club member, receiving a 50 cent bottle of water seemed cheap. For the price of the hotel room, thought we would be getting breakfast with the room. My fault for not checking on this ahead of time. Possibly because it is right in Coby, that's the going hotel price. Not a bad place to recommend but would suggest looking at other options.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

i really enjoyed my stay at the holiday inn in cody wyoming.....the customer service was excellent.....very friendly...always handled my requests with excellence...never had a problem or complaint......i did stay in the suite room which was really nice - gorgeous bathroom BTW :):)......i did the room service & all my meals were great & the chef was excellent at handling my special food requests...thanx mr chef & thanx to jason & debbie for taking my orders & all the great room service staff & all the front desk gals were superb too - all the girls were wonderful , helpful & friendly....u will have a great stay if u choose the holiday inn.....they also have a shuttle for the airport....the gift shop next door is super & gives a discount if u stay at the hotel.......the hotel is ln a perfect location - close to everything..............i would stay here again for sure........they had a pay movies too for that night time relaxation..............thanx holiday inn !!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We stayed in Cody for 2 days. It was clean, and the staff was nice. We didnt have any problems with this place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
TheHague
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

A sprawling modern complex located at one end of Cody's main street (Wendy's opposite !), it isn't really the most inspiring accommodation. Finding our room was quite tricky, involving what seemed a never-ending drive around the block. Finding one's way on foot to the front entrance was like navigating a maze !

Rooms are good motel standard, there is a small but reasonably maintained outdoor pool in the centre of the complex, the one saving grace is the hotel bar, which stayed quite busy until late. Staff were also helpful and knowledgable. The shuttle bus to the rodeo left outside the hotel in the evening.

A tad overpriced, but the management do a decent job with what they're given.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Salt Spring Island, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

I didn't like this hotel and I wouldn't go again. It was REALLY expensive for what you got. If I went back to Cody I would not stay here. Our room was a real hike from the main lobby and restaurant. Upon arrival I was presented with one bottle of water because I am a Prefered Client. What? I said there are two of us and she guilt tripped me and let me have a second bottle as though she was doing me a favour. Most holiday Inns and Expresses just leave two bottles in the room. Then I asked if there was a microwave and she said no but she would have one sent up right away. The irony was, I didn't really care I was just curious. So we went to our room and waited almost an hour for the microwave that did not appear. Then I called and said i would really like to go to dinner, but we are waiting for this microwave. The lady was really nice and apologized and said she had forgotten and it would be right up. No microwave, so we left and went for dinner. The waitress was really friendly, but not trained properly. The food was adequate. No one seemed to know when the breakfast buffet opened or how much it cost and my husband just reminded me that the hostess was a name I can not type here. But she was rude. On passing by the front desk back to our room I reminded them of the microwave that we didn't ask for (I didn't say it that way, I was nice and smiling) and said we didn't need it anymore and they sent it up right away.

Our room was okay, the bed wasn't that comfortable and my husband woke up achy. The hotel looked old, and the pool was closed and looked as though it had been closed awhile as it was dirty looking and really smelled of chlorine.

In the morning the waitress really upset me. They kept hovering over us, and when one woman came to remove a plate were I had not finsihed eating and I said it was okay and asked if she would leave it, another women came out immediately as though the first woman 'ratted me out' and just took my plate away in a very abrupt and mean manner. She had to actually lean over my food to achieve this withouth my permission. Why? What was the point, to proove she could? She ruled over me. Why not just leave me alone to eat my breakfast in peace and have quite conversation with my husband.

My husband just reminded me that when the waitress came with our cutlery she was holding them in her hands touching the area we would use for eating, and the tables were not that clean.

I complained at the front desk and they were willing to reduce my rate, which I should have let them do because it was WAY too expensive there for what they were offering. I told them I just wanted them to be aware of my experience and didn't want any sort of refund.

The internet did not work, the front desk wouldn't help and had me call a third party internet provider and our window overlooked a wall. I have NEVER stayed in a hotel where the only window view was a wall of its own building.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cody at Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hello Angie K,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I would like to start off by saying thank you for choosing to stay at The holiday Inn at the Buffalo Bill Village Resort in Cody. We realize that there are many choices in the Cody area and we are pleased that you would give us your business. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced in our restaurant and hotel. Please be assured that this is not how we normally operate. This situation has been shared with our staff to ensure that this situation is not repeated. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to give you better experience. Please note that all of our rooms have been renovated to include a microwave and mini fridge.

James Blair, General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

The hotel is located within 2 miles of the Cody airport (Yellowstone Regional). Planty of parking and multple entrances to rooms. Nice rooms that are clean and well appointed. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Cody at Buffalo Bill Village? Share your experiences!