“Clean rooms” 3 of 5 stars

1213 17th St, Cody, WY 82414 (Formerly Burls Inn)   |
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Cody
“Clean rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms and friendly front desk. We spent three nights and our rooms were always promptly cleaned. They should probably just discontinue the muffins and juice for breakfast. They were very stale. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
wi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

we recently stayed at this hotel on our way to Denver from Yellowstone. For an older hotel the rooms were clean but nothing special. An old tube tv mounted on the wall and keys for locks. Very easy to get to and park, felt safe. The wi-fi never worked the whole time we were there. We were given several excuses which leads me to wonder if it exists. If you want a clean room thats easy to get to but nothing special its a fair value for the dollar.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We checked in and the front desk person was very friendly. When we got into our room, I was amazed at how clean and spacious it was. The decor was outstanding. The headboard looked to be hand carved. A+ for the room.

The center of town was a short walk of a block or two and very bustling. Quite a bit to do. They have a wild west cowboy shootout in front of Irma's Restaurant every evening, you have to eat here too, the food is so good.

The price was perfect....beats any chain. I can't rave enough about this hotel!! When I return, I will not even look at another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice property a few blocks from center of Cody -- little walk was welcome after big meals. Manager lady and desk people really nice and friendly. Parking right at the motel and they even supply rags for your bikes and cars -- cool idea so you don't ruin the good stuff.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were only spending one night in Cody on our way to Yellowstone, and I didn't have a lot of choice when I made later reservations than usual. We were very pleased with the Antlers Inn! It was very clean, nicely decorated, and updated. I walked barefoot on the carpet, and it felt very clean too. Furniture & lamps were carved logs! Nice touch! As an older hotel, I smiled when I was given a key instead of an electronic entry keycard!!
The beds/linens were very comfortable and we had a refreshing sleep, and it was very quiet. The sink was outside the bathroom, which is a plus! On the downside, there was no fridge, so we kept our lunchmeat in our cooler. There was a light breakfast of juice, coffee/tea and muffins, which was fine. It got us on the road faster!
Overall, a nice stay; friendly staff ! I would have no problem staying there again. Very good deal for the price!

Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I were traveling to Yellowstone and decided to spend the night before we entered the park in Cody, WY. We stopped at a national chain motel on the main drag and they wanted $190.00 for 2 people for the night. Since we were headed out early the next morning I thought I would check around and see if I could find a less expensive motel in town. A few blocks away was the Buffalo Bill's Antlers Inn and their rate was $105.00. It was not fancy but it was clean, safe and worth the savings. The room was decorated in a western theme and knotty pine bed was a welcome change from the standard motel furniture. We ate at Granny's Restaurant a few blocks away settled in for the night. The next morning when I went out to load my luggage into my car there were two small mule deer standing within ten feet from my car. I took some photos of them and they never seemed to mind me being there. I am happy with my choice of Buffalo Bill's Antlers Inn for our stop in Cody.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Don't be put off by the one star rating this place got from 'AAA.com'. Its clean, tidy, and spacious. Most of the rooms have two double beds in them, the furniture is hand made, the wifi works well and it free! The only thing that could be improved is to add a small fridge to the rooms(there wasn't one in ours). The staff at the front desk are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: a room away from the road.