“Great B&B right next to the center of town in Cody!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salsbury Avenue Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cody
Salsbury Avenue Inn
You added Salsbury Avenue Inn to your Saves list
1226 Salsbury Avenue, Cody, WY 82414   |
Ranked #3 of 20 Cody B&B and Inns
Seattle, WA
“Great B&B right next to the center of town in Cody!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Terry & Sondra run a great B&B in Cody and we were delighted to stay with them on our way to Yellowstone. The house decor is lovely, the breakfast they made for us was first rate -- complete with a fruit platter, omelet, sausage, potato casserole, toast, orange juice and coffee. We had a lovely run in the morning along the river -- just a few short blocks from the house! There is a nice trail that runs right along the river's edge with some great bird-watching opportunities. All in all, highly recommended! We hope we will have opportunity to return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

The Inn is actually more bed and breakfast, which is definitely speaking positively about the Salsbury, as the breakfast was excellent, a fantastic start to the day and a complement to the hosts. The 8-10 guests were widely travelled, and a valuable source of information about the area. Terry and Sondra were attentive and interested hosts and made us feel welcome in their home. The front porch was enclosed with seating areas and was very inviting.
The inn is only three blocks from Cody's main street. Every evening at six there is a historical reenactment of a gun fight. There are also the requisite bars and a few good restaurants within a short walking distance.
The Salsbury was a relaxing place and I definitely recommend it.

Lagrange, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I don't usually write reviews of places I have stayed, but have been meaning to since my stay at this location in August 2011. I loved my trip to the Cody and the Yellowstone area and the accomodations and hospitality that I encountered at the Salsbury Avenue Inn were fabulous. I was by myself, but was made to feel very welcome by the owners (Terry & Sondra) who allowed me to stand in the kitchen while breakfast was being made each morning and welcomed me each evening to sit outside under the covered patio with them and other guests for casual conversation. They were very genuine people and their mid-western background made me feel right at home.
My room was small, but very comfortable, clean, and extremely reasonable, especially considering the high-quality breakfast I received each day of my stay. If I needed anything, they quickly recommended the appropriate solution and anything I needed during my visit, they made available to me. This sometimes meant sharing their own dishes or refrigerator.
Each morning at breakfast, there were couples from outside of the US which provided a unique feeling. In three days, I met couples from Canada and Switzerland, as well as various locations within the US.
The on-line reviews are glowing and truthful-you won't regret staying here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Shawnee, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Terry, Sondra, and Bob (the dog) make this B&B a wonderful experience. We really enjoyed visiting with them and they were extremely helpful at recommending restaurants and activities. The accommodations are very quaint and cozy. You may have to share a bathroom with another guest or use the bath downstairs, but that didn't seem to be a problem for us. When we got home we had a thank you post card from them, but I felt like I was the one who should have sent the thank you considering the wonderful experience we had there.

naperville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We spent one night at the Salsbury Inn. It was a nice clean place to stay. Easy walk to downtown. The owners are very nice helpful people. The breakfast was great. We shared a bath but was not a problem. Would stay there again when we are out that way.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Cody was the first stop for my wife and I during our yellowstone vacation. I actually stumbled upon this B&B while researching local hotels to stay in. The reviews didn't have a single negative comment, which convinced me to give them a try. You never go into a place thinking that it'll be perfect, but this house is as close to perfection as I've ever seen. Terry and Sondra don't make you feel like guests. They treat you as if you were longtime friends who happen to be passing through. The house is extremely well kept, including the yard. The beds are comfortable, the rooms decorated with antiques and family heirlooms. The home cooked breakfasts were delicious, but more importantly I walked away full. The hosts were gracious enough to go out of their way to help us get a problem with our car fixed, even shuttled us around to get it to the shop. They gave us advice for the rest of our trip. It's obvious that their goal is for you to thoroughly enjoy yourself while you're under their care. You'd be foolish miss out on this refreshing experience.

Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

The Salsbury Avenue Inn in Cody is a lovely little B&B, very cozy and well-maintained. Terry and Sondra Dishong (and Bob, their dog) were terrific hosts - very warm and welcoming. Breakfast was excellent. Great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Salsbury Avenue Inn? Share your experiences!