“The best stay on a 15 day trip...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southfork Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cody
Southfork Bed and Breakfast
You added Southfork Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
797 Southfork Road, Cody, WY 82414   |
Ranked #1 of 20 Cody B&B and Inns
Livermore, California
“The best stay on a 15 day trip...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stay at the Southfork and experience that Cody, WY hospitality. This first class western B & B is as good as it gets folks. Brian is not only gracious and accomodating but a very interesting and fun guy. He will go out of his way to see to it that you have a wonderful stay. There are currently 11 beautiful horses on the property and the inn is a western museum in itself. The very clean rooms are huge with a sitting area complete with very comfortable leather chairs & private bath. The bed was wonderful; the kind you do not want to get out of. But you get up as soon as you smell breakfast cooking in the kitchen below. Brian is a retired chef of 30 years, I think he said. He baked fresh peach and blackberry coffeecake, an egg dish and homemade bacon and sausage. All this for $125.00 a night! The inn is located 7 miles out of Cody. It is not a long drive and the view all around the road is great.

If you are ever in Cody (and you should go there) stay at the Southfork. It is a one of a kind B & B; a real hoot!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at Southfork B and B for three nights in June and this is our second stay with Brian and Donna and yet again we were not disappointed with the superb level of accommodation provided by them. The breakfasts are the best we have ever had as Brian smokes his own meats and breakfast is cooked fresh each morning with a different variety each day. The French toast and quiche are the best we have ever tasted. Brian and Donna also arranged a barbeque evening for us to meet some of their friends and other English quests who were also staying at the same time as us, again the food was incredible. We once again stayed in the Yellowstone suite which is huge and the four poster log frame bed is extremely comfortable. The bathroom has all the amenities you would require for a comfortable stay and the levels of cleanliness are exceptional. We spent some time with Brian's rescued mustangs which are in extremely good condition and are very funny charactors, also Lucy the cat who also makes us laugh. Brian also took us to see the McCullough wild mustangs together with another very nice couple from Washington State who we spent the rest of the evening with along with Brian and Donna in the Great Room having a beer and a glass of wine which Brian very kindly supplied. We found it hard to leave once again and consider Brian & Donna as friends. We will definately be returning on our next visit to Cody and Yellowstone.

Mike & Sue, England

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Amanda, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I spent the nights of May 30 & 31,2012 at the Southfork B & B. Our hosts, Brian & Carol, were great. They made great recomendations about the sights to see and places to eat. We arrived late, 9:00 pm, they were very understanding and accomodating. The rooms were beautifully decorated in a western style, spacious, clean and comfortable. Brian is a true chef, breakfasts were GREAT (especially the home smoked meats). If you leave the Southfork either hungry or disapointed, it is your fault, not theirs!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

If you are ever in Cody, this is the place you want to stay, Hands Down. The host Brian, really is the most interesting man you will meet. He has a storied background, about his Indian background and is just a fun and gracious person and host. We had some great conversation around the family room bar drinking wine, all supplied by Brian. His wife Donna is a delight and made our stay a special time. The Bed and Breakfast is located outside of town, about 7 miles but worth the extra drive and being on the ranch with the horses. The accommodations are large and exceptional, with all the creature comforts. The beds will give you one of the best sleep you will have on a vacations, better than home.

Best of all was the Breakfast. No question, not an exaggeration, the best we have ever had at Bed & Breakfast or a fine Hotel. Brian is a Master Chief, formally worked for the Marriott. The Breakfast will delight all your senses, from the poached eggs, homemade coffee cake with fresh fruits outstanding and brians farm raised home curred bacon you will love it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Versailles, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Western feel at its best : beautiful house and land, clever horses, very nice Indian artifacts, western antiques and beautiful books, marvellous large rooms and beds (very comfortable too), delicious breakfasts served with such generosity (ah the pancakes, the homemade bacon... ! Brian is a former chef...), sincere welcome and hospitality. The bathroom ensuite was very clean and had two sinks. Everything you need is furnished, including laundry and free drinks in a fridge, so nice during the summer. Plenty of wildlife anecdotes and very good advices on Cody (very interesting museums, rodeo much fun, good restaurants, wonderful country music...). The city is very close by a scenic road. Don't hesitate to bring your children : Donna and Brian are so kind, the horses so funny, the common rooms and the breakfast table so large and generous that they enjoy the place as much as we do and want to come back anytime ! Thank you so much Donna and Brian !

Room Tip: One of the two bedrooms is really a suite.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

THIS IS THE PLACE...If you are looking for a real Cody experience that takes you out of the typical hotel or motel, the Southfork Bed and Breakfast (SFBB) is the only place in all of Cody...the ONLY PLACE. I have traveled to Cody for over 15 years and was so happy that I found the SFBB. Before finding this "Jewel of the Shoshone", I never looked forward to the places we stayed. Now going to Cody and staying at the SFBB makes my next trip to Cody a true pleasure.

Donna and Brian are so wonderful, kind, generous, friendly, informative, knowledgable, skilled, etc. When they say Bed AND Breakfast, they should say Bed and GOURMET Breakfast. I have never had a better French Toast in all the world...NEVER...and the home made Canadian Bacon is second to none... DELICIOUS! The 5 Star breakfasts they provide make it worth the price of admission.

Bottom Line: No matter what part of the world you are traveling from, be confident...You found the right place that is just a few short minutes from the Western streets of Cody. I keep coming back...as long as they will have me...

(I'm already booked for next year...I recommend you hurry and do the same!)

Room Tip: All rooms are great. You won't be unhappy.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I can not say enough about this place.

I visited here for a hunting trip with my brother and family, I never have been to Cody before.

Donna and Brian are the greatest hosts/owners of a B& B that I know of.

From the first time I met Brian (at the airport when he picked us up), I knew this was going to be a comfortable week. Brian and Donna were very attentive to all of our needs. From giving us tips and history of the area, too where to visit what to see. To actually chauffeuring us to town if needed.

The accommodations are great, clean and very comfortable. I had a private room with bathroom, the home has a large dinning table and a large "gathering room". A great place to relax, watch the large screen, have a drink at the bar, or page through many of his books. He also has a large collection of Indian artifacts and western antiques.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner were fantastic. They even through us a small dinner "party" with local friends and neighbors, which really made us feel at home. I have not had 6 consecutive home cooked meals that were that good in 32 years (since leaving my moms table), Brian even smoked some food for us in his back yard smoker. They were up early with us at 4:00am to make coffee and breakfast and were around the property 24 hours if needed. It seemed to me that they went out of their way to make sure EVERYTHING was acceptable.

Laundry availability and the closeness to Cody was a great plus. Beautiful views from the home and the horses are beautiful.

I swear. I left feeling as if I was now their friend! I definitely will come back for years to come.

This place is great and I can not say enough good things about it. Brian and Donna get the "inn keeper" of the year award.

Room Tip: no tip needed, they all are nice
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Southfork Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!