Ran out of superlatives.
Just returned to earth after visiting the area, and staying at the Red Pole Ranch(Sept 3 thru 8). Ideally located for access to Yellowstone, Cody, and area: served our needs perfectly. IF you get "Parked Out", try the Chief Joseph/Bear Tooth circuit, as suggested by Don.
Several restaurants nearby, on Hwy 14. Keep your eyes open; no neon lights to advertise their presence(try a buffalo burger, it's good for what ails you!).
WIFI available, but didn't use. In such a historic, scenic, awe inspiring area why waste time honing computer skills? Take a hot shower, sleep well in a very comfortable bed, get going in the morning, and see as much as you can.
Thanks to everybody associated with our stay.
WILL return soon!!
Nancy & John L
- Also Known As:
- Schmalz`s Red Pole Ranch Hotel Cody
- Schmalz`s Red Pole Ranch Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located in the East Yellowstone Valley between Cody Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park. We specialize in overnight stays with special longer stay rates, Weddings, Family Reunions, and Memorial Services. Lofty snow-capped peaks are visible across the valley from the Ranch! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Schmalz's Red Pole Ranch and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.