“Breakfast and pool walk” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Cody
Killeen, Texas
“Breakfast and pool walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Clean, good smelling room, very nice and helpful front desk staff:-). But know this for those who have disabilities, you must leave the buillding to eat breakfast and walk about 500 yds pass the front of the Holiday inn to the rear of a gift shop to eat. The possitive is a bigger eating area.
The swimming pool is shared with the holiday inn and located at the holiday which is about 500 yds away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with refrigerator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Superboertje, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for letting us know how we're doing! We really appreciate your comments and I am pleased to see that your enjoyed your stay with us here in Cody. In the summer we move our breakfast over to the Sasparilla Salloon in order to accommodate a larger amount of guests. There is some parking available in front of the building for those who'd rather not walk. Thanks again for your business, we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Stephanie Thomson on behalf of Pernille Swienink, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a very nice Comfort Inn - both the building and rooms were newer looking and nicely appointed. The bed was extremely comfortable. There was no refrigerator or microwave, unusual for the Choice Hotels in which we have stayed. My husband asked the front desk if any of the rooms had refrigerators and he was told no. When we checked out the next morning, I mentioned that this seemed unusual. The morning staff mentioned that we could have requested one to be put in the room. They were quite surprised and apologetic that this had not been offered to us. So, just realize that this is an option if you stay here.

I would also suggest the you ask if there are any tour groups staying and plan accordingly. In the summer, the hotel sends guests across the parking lot to another building for breakfast. We arrived there promptly at 6:30 when breakfast started. We were shocked to see a very long line of tour group people waiting for the door to open and then to make their way through the buffet line. It took forever to get through the line. We were delayed leaving Cody by at least 30 minutes. I spoke to the front desk about this and, once again, they were very apologetic and compensated me in a very nice gesture on their part. I do think, though, that there might be a better way to do the breakfast. There could be a smaller breakfast set up in the hotel for non-tour group guests, even if it had a smaller selection of food items. One could then make a choice as to which is more important -- time or a full breakfast. Another alternative would be to give different colored tickets to tour groups and solo travelers and provide some sort of expedited entrance for the latter. It seems rather unfair to make the few solo travelers wait so long behind large tour groups. Letting the few solo travelers go ahead would not significantly delay the tour group as they all have to wait for everyone to be done. However, making solos travelers wait behind large tour groups (in our case, two groups) does significantly impact them.

I do want to thank the morning staff, though, for their understanding and willingness to try to make a bad situation better.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a very thoughtful review. I apologize you were not given the option of requesting a microwave or refrigerator when you asked. We do have a limited amount to put in our guest rooms and hope to make it a standard in all of our rooms soon.
I am glad to see that our morning staff was able to compensate your for the inconvenience of your breakfast experience. Your suggestions are very well thought out and we will take them into consideration.
Thank you for staying with us while you were in Cody, we are glad you enjoyed your stay overall and hope to see you again next time you're in town!
Stephanie Thomson, on behalf of Pernille Swienink, General Manager
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Comfortable rooms, clean and well maintained. Very friendly, helpful staff. The continental breakfast, though served by friendly people, offered poor quality food. The rooms were overpriced for location and quality. A pool is available next door. Decent but bland choice.

Stayed July 2014
Superboertje, General Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your kind words! We strive for the very best guest experience. I am glad to hear your room was great and our breakfast staff did a good job. I will make sure your comments get shared with my staff. Thank you for visiting.
Sincerely, Pernille GM
Douglas, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This hotel was spotlessly clean in the hallways, lobby, and rooms. My room seemed like it had never been slept in - it was that clean. All staff were extremely friendly. My only suggestion would be to have "mama bear" just right pillows - medium. The soft pillows were way too soft, the firm was too hard. Would also like to see refrigerators in the room if it didn't invite a "mess of spilled items" into the rooms. I had a room facing the street and the vehicle traffic was non-stop until 3:00 a.m. so I would try to get a different room next time. The vehicle traffic is no fault of the hotel though and it was a holiday weekend. Breakfast next door at the Buffalo Bill Village was a typical continental breakfast that was very good and the sweetest "older" people staffing the breakfast area. You guys made my day!! It was such a nice break from the "younger kids" that usually work and that really don't care. I would stay here any day even though I had to pay a hefty price for the room.

Room Tip: Take a room off the main street as the traffic keeps you awake.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear 325WhyOWyo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a nice review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn and found it to be clean and comfortable. I'm sorry that we didn't have a pillow that felt just right for you and that is a great suggestion about getting some medium ones and about the mini fridges. Thank you for choosing us and we are very happy to hear that you would choose us again.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Pernille Swienink, General Manager
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Desk person resolved my credit card issue; so, staff people are great. The hotel itself is way overpriced. Other places are better. No one could fix the door key problem. I never knew when I could get in. And had to return to desk several times to get new keys. A few weeks later same issue at another Comfort Inn. A simple battery change resolved the problem. I wished I had stayed at one of the local hotels, which are cheaper and have style.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel would have made me happier; but it was too much trouble to change. Rooms are...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Superboertje, General Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for leaving a review. I am sorry to hear you had issues with the door lock. I have shared this with my staff to ensure we deal with this situation differently in the future. I am glad to hear my staff was able to help you with the credit card issues.
Thank you again for the review and perhaps we will be able to welcome you again soon.
Sincerely, Pernille Swienink GM
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed one night, June 2014. No complaints whatsoever. Clean, rooms seemed recently updated. More modern decor/facility than most mom and pop type motels encountered out west. Breakfast in summer is in other building across the lot because of how many people stay in summer.Would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Eds Travels_12,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a nice review! We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and that you would stay with us again! We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Cody,

Jessica Rick on behalf of Pernille Swienink, General Manager
Midvale, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The rooms and beds are very comfortable. Only issue I had was it seemed like there was a 1000 pound person walking around above us for hours. Once they went to sleep it was quiet and comfortable. They have a buffet breakfast that you have to leave the hotel for and walk about 100 feet to get there. Food was terrific and they kept it fresh and hot. Cody is a wonderful town and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room right across from the front desk. People like to sit out in the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Superboertje, General Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I apologize for the guests above you making such noise stomping around. I hope my staff was able to make them settle down. Thank you for staying and we hope to see you back again in the near future!
Sincerely, Pernille GM

Been to Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village? Share your experiences!