“Comfortable but pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 25 hotels in Cody
“Comfortable but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Comfortable rooms, clean and well maintained. Very friendly, helpful staff. The continental breakfast, though served by friendly people, offered poor quality food. The rooms were overpriced for location and quality. A pool is available next door. Decent but bland choice.

Stayed July 2014
Superboertje, General Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for your kind words! We strive for the very best guest experience. I am glad to hear your room was great and our breakfast staff did a good job. I will make sure your comments get shared with my staff. Thank you for visiting.

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Douglas, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel was spotlessly clean in the hallways, lobby, and rooms. My room seemed like it had never been slept in - it was that clean. All staff were extremely friendly. My only suggestion would be to have "mama bear" just right pillows - medium. The soft pillows were way too soft, the firm was too hard. Would also like to see refrigerators in the room if it didn't invite a "mess of spilled items" into the rooms. I had a room facing the street and the vehicle traffic was non-stop until 3:00 a.m. so I would try to get a different room next time. The vehicle traffic is no fault of the hotel though and it was a holiday weekend. Breakfast next door at the Buffalo Bill Village was a typical continental breakfast that was very good and the sweetest "older" people staffing the breakfast area. You guys made my day!! It was such a nice break from the "younger kids" that usually work and that really don't care. I would stay here any day even though I had to pay a hefty price for the room.

Room Tip: Take a room off the main street as the traffic keeps you awake.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear 325WhyOWyo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a nice review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn and found it to be clean and comfortable. I'm sorry that we didn't have a pillow that felt just right for you and that is a great suggestion about getting some medium ones and about the mini fridges. Thank you for choosing us and we are very happy to hear that you would choose us again.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Pernille Swienink, General Manager
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Desk person resolved my credit card issue; so, staff people are great. The hotel itself is way overpriced. Other places are better. No one could fix the door key problem. I never knew when I could get in. And had to return to desk several times to get new keys. A few weeks later same issue at another Comfort Inn. A simple battery change resolved the problem. I wished I had stayed at one of the local hotels, which are cheaper and have style.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel would have made me happier; but it was too much trouble to change. Rooms are...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Superboertje, General Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for leaving a review. I am sorry to hear you had issues with the door lock. I have shared this with my staff to ensure we deal with this situation differently in the future. I am glad to hear my staff was able to help you with the credit card issues.
Thank you again for the review and perhaps we will be able to welcome you again soon.
Sincerely, Pernille Swienink GM
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed one night, June 2014. No complaints whatsoever. Clean, rooms seemed recently updated. More modern decor/facility than most mom and pop type motels encountered out west. Breakfast in summer is in other building across the lot because of how many people stay in summer.Would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Eds Travels_12,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a nice review! We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and that you would stay with us again! We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Cody,

Jessica Rick on behalf of Pernille Swienink, General Manager
Midvale, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The rooms and beds are very comfortable. Only issue I had was it seemed like there was a 1000 pound person walking around above us for hours. Once they went to sleep it was quiet and comfortable. They have a buffet breakfast that you have to leave the hotel for and walk about 100 feet to get there. Food was terrific and they kept it fresh and hot. Cody is a wonderful town and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room right across from the front desk. People like to sit out in the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Superboertje, General Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I apologize for the guests above you making such noise stomping around. I hope my staff was able to make them settle down. Thank you for staying and we hope to see you back again in the near future!
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Ranked 21 out of 25 hotels in Cody? NO WAY! We were offered the room after contacting the reservation line and asking for a Choice hotel somewhere near Yellowstone. The price was high but I suspect this is due to the location. We accepted. Later we read the limited reviews and saw the rankings, hmmm. The hotel is easy to find and looks great from the outside. The room was impressive, unexpectedly so given the ranking. The bathroom was fantastic - the best I have seen on my travels. The shower had sliding glass doors and the rest of the fittings (mirror, lights) were of high quality. Room and bathroom were immaculately clean. The only thing that sort of let it down was that I couldn't get the water in the shower as hot as I would have liked. I reported it to reception, and they were already aware and working on it. Apparently the hotel has had a recent renovation. Breakfast was OK in an interesting old style saloon setting about 200m away from the hotel. If all rooms are the same - recommended. I will try to add photos at a later date.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor to avoid any noise from the person walking around above.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Superboertje, General Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for your kind review! Yes we have undergone a major renovation and due to that we did start over with our reviews. So indeed we may be ranked low but at this point that is only due to not having received many new reviews since our renovation completion begin May 2014. Your review will help us climb in ranking. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you like our newly renovated bathrooms. Thank you for bringing the hot water issue to our attention. We are diligently working to resolve this issue.
Thanks again for your review and we hope to welcome you again some day!
Hop Bottom, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This was a nice clean Hotel, that was close to all the attractions. We were only there for two nights, because we wanted to visit a relative in the area and wanted to check out the attractions
at the Buffalo Bill Village.
We were happy with the room and it was close to restaurants.

Room Tip: May have had a fitness Center don't remember , since I wouldn't have use it. No restaurant i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Superboertje, General Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for your nice review. We are glad to read you had a good time. We hope to welcome you again soon.
Pernille GM

Been to Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village? Share your experiences!