“OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 Cody B&B and Inns
uk
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here just one night on a coach tour of the Nayional parks. Clean, comfortable and within walking distance of most of the town. Cabins reminded me of large dog kennels but were adequate with two large beds and had a decent size bath and plenty of good towels and hot water. Breakfast was buffet and was good enough to get guing for the day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed at the cabins in September. I reserved the cabin based on the description, photos and reviews online. I was shocked when we got there! Where were the winding garden path, the serenity, the GRASS and TREES? The cabins are lined up along a gravel drive/ alley and a main street/highway is behind the wall. There is an elementary school across the street at the end of the gravel drive. I did not see any grass; there was a lone bedraggled sapling by the soda machine in the middle of the line of cabins. The room was tiny. Two double beds barely fit. One luggage rack that was against the wall by the bathroom door. This required a sideways shuffle to get by a suitcase in order to get into the bathroom. The only good thing was the beds were very comfortable. The room was relatively clean, but as small as it was, a shelf and hangers would have been better than the big cupboard. There was a 2 wide top on the headboard that was covered in dust and since it protruded making it uncomfortable for sitting up in bed, but there was no place else to sit. We arrived early evening & very tired, otherwise I would have demanded a refund. There was nothing quaint or serene about this.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Buffalo Bill Cabin Village, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable accommodations and friendly services. It is distressing to hear that you feel as though you were mislead. The vast majority of our cabins do have some grass and trees around them and I apologize for your disappointment in not receiving one of those. We sincerely hope you will give (name of the hotel and city location) another opportunity when in the area.
Riverton, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Was such a nice, comfortable place to stay. So cozy. The staff was very friendly and let us know of everything fun to do in town. I would recommend to everyone. Beds were so, so, so, comfortable. Not the usual motel/hotel bed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This place is OLD and needs a big revamp and brought into the 21st Century. It will still get folk booking (primarily the motorcycle groupies and old folk tours) but they should take heed as this place is falling apart. Our shower almost flooded the bath. About the only plus points are the main office shopping, the 5 pm dip and chip tasting and our beds were comfortable. The Customer Care and treatment was sorely missing! Upon check out no one even bothered to say 'how was your stay' or 'come back again' or anything ... just turn in your keys and that was really the only caring point...in fact, when we checked out the old lady at the computer and her staff had their backs to us the entire time and really couldn't be bothered ... sad in this economic day.

Room Tip: I wouldn't think any of the rooms were good because the entire site is quite OLD!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Buffalo Bill Cabin Village, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I must assure you that we do care very deeply about how our guests are treated. I am very sorry that you had an experience with our front desk staff that left a bad taste in your mouth. Please be assured that this review will be used as an example of what not to do at our next staff meeting. I am also sorry to hear that your shower was not behaving as it should. I hope that you called our maintenance staff so we knew that it needed to be fixed. You may also be pleased to know that we have plans to renovate the hotel in the near future. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel at some other point in time.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Being a hotel person, I was unsure what to expect when I set up a reservation at the Buffalo Bill Cabin Village. We were pleased to find our cabin was very neat and clean and everything in good working order. The two bedrooms were on either side of the bathroom and both rooms had a wall a/c unit that functioned very well. We appreciated the fact that we could park right beside the cabin as this made it easy to repack our luggage for the flight home a couple days later after two weeks on the road. It should be noted that the bedrooms are not spacious as the beds take up most of the rooms and the only other place to sit is a straight back chair. This would best serve guests who want an overnight stop. I recommend staying here for the experience and go to the Cody Night Rodeo for evening entertainment. This is a neat place to stay for a feeling of being out west but, again, limit this to a fairly short stopover.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
North Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed for 1 night. When I first saw where I was staying I immediately though 'Uh-oh I'm sleeping in a potting shed'. It wasn't that bad. We had 3 rooms leading to each other; opened front door straight into a bedroom with dbl bed, small wardrobe and a TV which then led onto a bathroom and then onto a larger room in the back with 2 dbl beds, small wardrobe and TV. Fan heater was loud! Beds and curtains were in Buffalo Bill/Rodeo style! Basic cabins but ok for 1 night. Ours was clean so I can't complain much. It could defo have done with a make over as it's very dated! A short walk to the village itself with plenty of bars, restaurants and shops.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
North Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Internet didn't work, bed was full of two inch long black hairs, and almost slipped and broke my neck getting out of the shower as they are too cheap to provide guests with bath mats for the bathroom. They tried to make up for my horrible experience by buying me breakfast in the morning and letting me use their sister hotel's internet. Thankfully the internet worked, but breakfast was a continuation of my Buffalo Bill Cabin disaster. Ordered a simple breakfast of bacon and eggs cooked over medium, but eggs came runny and slimy. Nothing was working for me at this property and although the staff were super friendly, I couldn't get out of Cody fast enough.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Buffalo Bill Cabin Village? Share your experiences!