“Nice spot on I80” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8101 Hutchins Drive, Cheyenne, WY 82007 (Formerly Sleep Inn & Suites Cheyenne)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2 & Earn a Reward
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Cheyenne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sonoma, California
“Nice spot on I80”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

If you find yourself in Cheyenne needing a good clean hotel on the interstate this is the spot. Comfortable bed, good sized room, clean bathroom and very nice staff. Breakfast leaves a little to be desired. American prepackaged food, weak coffee but eatable. Hey it's a best western. Better than super 8

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

we went there for my fathers funeral, we stayed there for about ten days. chris and his whole staff
were very helpful, they cut out the clippings from the newspaper and laminated them for us.
they all need to be reccomanted for there service. that make great western a place to be proud of.the food was very good, the hotel was very clean. the hot tub was great to get in and relax. i will recomand that hotel to any one i give it a five star plus. thanks to chris and his staff.
gary krause

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet and clean
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We would have to say this was one of the best if not "the" best hotel we have ever stayed in. Clean and quiet with a friendly staff. There were about 4 or 5 people in line to check in when we arrived but the process was quick and they even signed us up for the rewards program. Could not hear neighbors through the walls at all. Our room was directly across from the pool but didn't hear noise from the kids in the pool. The beds were really comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic. Chris does an outstanding job of keeping the area clean and all the food stocked and fresh. We will be returning to this hotel when we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
C_Stephens8101, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your review of the Best Western Plus Frontier Inn. We appreciate being considered one of the best hotels you have stayed at. That is a compliment any hotel would love to hear. We know a good night of sleep and a great breakfast are important when traveling and I am happy you found that with us. We look forward to your next visit to Cheyenne!

Annapolis Royal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Right off the highway about a 5 minute drive to downtown. Young man on the desk was excellent, with good recommendations of things to see and where to eat. Breakfast the next morning was quite good with a nice selection and attentive staff cleaning up along the way and restocking as needed.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
I am so glad to hear you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I am always happy to hear when out team did a job well done from our guests. Thank you for your review, and we hope you will stay with us on your next trip to Cheyenne.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I enjoyed my recent stay. Lovely property, helpful staff, enjoyable breakfast buffet. The room was spacious and well-kept. My Internet connection was fast and reliable. Good location, right off the freeway on the east side of Cheyenne.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

C_Stephens8101, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Plus Frontier Inn. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your compliments of our staff and of our hotel ammenities. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Cheyenne.

Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a lovely place to stay! I was attending an event in Cheyenne along with my mother-in-law and my teen daughter. We don’t look for fancy hotels; clean, safe, and with friendly staff is all that’s on my *must have* list. We originally intended to stay at a hotel a few miles away because it was closer to the event venue and because it was supposed to have a reduced rate and reserved rooms for the event attendees. I tried twice to make a reservation with that hotel and both times they claimed to have no knowledge of the reserved block so I looked to TripAdvisor and found Best Western Plus Frontier Inn. The photos and reviews indicated it met my *must have* requirements and I took a quick look at the amenities that interested us: complimentary breakfast, complimentary in-room wifi, etc. The real treat was that the price of the room was less than the reserved block rate I would have paid at the other hotel. We were driving to Cheyenne, so staying closer to the city wasn’t really an issue for us. As it turned out, the drive from Best Western was only a few minutes longer than the other hotel would have been. Don’t let this hotel’s location scare you off; although it’s not in the heart of Cheyenne, it is just a few exits away.

We arrived about 2pm on a Saturday and had a hassle-free check in. It was fast, easy, and friendly. The lobby was spotless and we helped ourselves to complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. Our room was stunningly clean; the beds beautifully made with updated, tasteful linens, the bathroom sparkled and was well stocked with towels. In addition to the standard furniture (beds, nightstand, armoire/dresser, desk, chairs), the room included a safe, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and flat screen TV. We didn’t have much time for TV, but did notice it included free HBO. The heating/air conditioning unit is directly under the window; it worked perfectly and was whisper quiet. We had 2 queen beds, and while my travel companions found them extremely comfortable, I would rate them as very comfortable for anyone who likes comfy beds, I admit my preference is for a firm mattress and these were what I would call plush-like. I am a fan of complimentary wifi and am often disappointed by hotels, but our in-room wifi connection was flawless, we were even able to stream Netflix on our laptop!

Time for a late lunch; we stopped at the front desk for a recommendation. Ashley recommended a great place in town and we had a wonderful meal. We stopped by the front desk to thank her for the tip and ended up in a delightful conversation about Cheyenne and its attractions. After attending our event we arrived back at the hotel about 9:30pm and were greeted by warm cookies in the lobby! We got ready for bed and noticed the hotel was pleasantly quiet. At no time in our room did we hear other guests talking or walking about. We did hear a slight bit of highway noise, but our room faced the highway; it was definitely not enough to disturb our conversation, TV viewing, or sleep.

I showered at 7am with no complaints about water pressure or availability of hot water. The breakfast room in the lobby was spotlessly clean, including the self-serve area. It was well stocked with breads, muffins, bagels, and biscuits, and three choices of cereal plus oatmeal. The eggs were shaped like mini omelets and you could add diced ham, cheese, and green onions to it. The meats were sausage and bacon, plus there was gravy to add to anything. A waffle maker and batter are offered for a make-your-own hot waffle. Fresh apples and bananas, orange juice and apple juice, three flavors of yogurt, and many other items; something for everyone and plenty of it. The coffee, tea, hot chocolate station is open 24/7. The bill had been slipped under our door during the night, and not having incurred any other charges, we simply dropped our keys off at the front desk and thanked the staff before we headed back to Colorado. The final word: this hotel was a wonderful find!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 229; however, if a little bit of highway noise disturbs you, ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
C_Stephens8101, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Best Western Plus Frontier Inn. I am so glad you were able to stay with us during your visit to Cheyenne. Ashley is an asset to our team, and a wealth of knowledge about the area. I am glad you had a chance to visit with her and try her meal recommendations. A good breakfast and a comfortable bed are so important when you are away from home, so I am happy to hear that you found that with us. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Cheyenne!

WY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I felt well taken care of when I stayed at this motel. The staff were attentive and know what customer service means. Although it was on the outskirts of Cheyenne, the extra miles were worth it for the quality of comfort, customer service, great breakfast, COMFORTABLE beds, and a workout room and pool.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review of the Best Western Plus Frontier Inn. We are a little further out of town, but we hope that our guests feel that we are worth the extra miles. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and our pillow top beds. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Cheyenne.

Christine Stephens

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn? Share your experiences!